Podcasts and Organizing them

Lily Valley

I've been listening to Exponent lately, a tech strategy podcast. It's excellent, and was wondering if anyone has any business podcasts they listen to. I've tried Planet Money, which is fun, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Also not looking for finance podcasts, or things looking to prognosticate the market.  Exponent talks about what the big tech firms are doing, what the strategic business implications of these moves are, and where it's going. I think it's fascinating stuff, and looking to consume any media similar to it.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Loves me some Harris. He gets some really good guests. His anti-Trump stuff has been second to none. Really measured takedowns.

Me too. As much as I miss Hitchens, Sam and his dry humor fills much of that gap nicely... As an active member of the skeptic community... No one represents reason better than SH

Not normally a big fan of Bill Simmons, but this particular episode with Matt Stone and Trey Parker was pretty amazing. The whole story surrounding their last second rewrite last season once Trump won the election was incredible. Must listen for South Park fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzsmRaUwUNU

2 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Also, I have started listening to Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast.  The hosts and guests discuss old Hollywood.

One of my favorite podcasts of all time was an episode of Norm Macdonald Live that featured Gilbert Gottfried. The two of them absolutely buried Norm Macdonald's co-host Adam Eget. Hilarious stuff.

8 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

One of my favorite podcasts of all time was an episode of Norm Macdonald Live that featured Gilbert Gottfried. The two of them absolutely buried Norm Macdonald's co-host Adam Eget. Hilarious stuff.

Thanks for the rec. If your interested, Chris Hardwick's interview Gottfried is my favorite episode of The Nerdist podcast.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good political podcast I came across due to the primary host appearing on Bill Maher a couple of weeks back. Very topical as they post a podcast every 3 days or so. They get really good guests, often Congresspeople and Senators and the like. Pretty Lefty with a progressive bent. Hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Victor. It's called Pod Save America and today's entry discusses the Comey testimony and has Adam Schiff (Ranking Member of the House Intelligence Committee) as a guest. Check it out if you're into politics. You will probably not care for it much if your politics lean Right, but I think they are mostly pretty damn fair. 

https://getcrookedmedia.com/here-have-a-podcast-78ee56b5a323

20 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Really good political podcast I came across due to the primary host appearing on Bill Maher a couple of weeks back. Very topical as they post a podcast every 3 days or so. They get really good guests, often Congresspeople and Senators and the like. Pretty Lefty with a progressive bent. Hosted by Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer and Tommy Victor. It's called Pod Save America and today's entry discusses the Comey testimony and has Adam Schiff (Ranking Member of the House Intelligence Committee) as a guest. Check it out if you're into politics. You will probably not care for it much if your politics lean Right, but I think they are mostly pretty damn fair. 

I will check it out... thanks

The Joe Rogan Experience is still my favorite podcast. He can get a little repetitive with his hunting and bow hunting stuff, but he really does bring in so many different types of people. He had some good ones with Milo Yiannopoulos before his big scandal broke. He's had David Miscavigh's father and Leah Remini to get into Scientology and what its like being out. Just had Megan Phelps-Roper talking about her time in and then after leaving the Westboro Baptist Church and getting into all their protesting methods. Its super interesting getting an inside perspective on how they operated and their feelings/reasoning on their funeral protests. The Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson episodes are always good. Neil deGrasse Tyson is always a must listen. Jordan Peterson, Ghad Saad, Rhonda Patrick, and Christopher Ryan have some good episodes. Just had one with Bret Wienstien from Evergreen College. The Henry Rollins episode was awesome. Plus, there is the legendary podcast #911 with Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo. Gets deep into crazy conspiracies. And he brings on a lot of fighters, comedians, and some musicians. Pretty much always an interesting episode and usually drops a new one about 3 times a week. No matter how you feel about Joey Diaz, he always has some of the most hilarious/crazy stories from life experiences.

Bizarre States with Jessica Chobot and Andrew Bowser. Its basically all things paranormal. Sometimes have some interesting guests and discuss a lot of haunted places and things.

Dan Carlin has TONS of interesting stuff with Hardcore History and Common Sense. Plus, he's got a bunch of stuff for purchase on iTunes. His Wrath of the Khans series is amazing. There is just so much research and detail that he puts in. The Wrath of Khans series is over 8 hours, but its well worth it.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:58 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

They are expressly liberal advocates. They aren't even pretending to be fair. I like them, and listen to them, because they are funny and I tend to agree with them, but they are advocates.

Archived