Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lily Valley

Podcasts and Organizing them

85 posts in this topic

Just listened to the first 3 episodes of Welcome to Night Vale. Holy shit! Really unique, bizarre, funny, stupid, absurd and inspired. More or less a parody of a small town community "about town" sort of radio broadcast. Check it out. Thanks to Myshkin for the rec. Good stuff.

Digging deeper into Welcome to Night Vale. At episode 20 presently. Some of the reoccurring jokes gets funnier and funnier (I'm looking at you Carlos, and your perfect hair) and others start to become a bit overplayed (dead interns, anyone?) Still, this podcast really is ingenious, at least on one level. The narrative device is absolutely novel and fantastic. I love the voice actor who does the narration, and the sense of humor of the writers is truly offbeat without being inaccessible. Check it out. Good stuff. 

/Oh yeah, the music is pretty damn impressive, both the background mood-setting stuff, and the weather report artist of the week dealie.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Malcom Gladwell's Revisionist History podcast is back for another season.

Not exactly a podcast, but Craig Ferguson's Sirius satellite radio show is really good. There are many episodes up on You Tube, which allows me to listen to them in the same manner in which I would listen to a podcast. He gets some fantastic guests and is a really engaging conversationalist. Two of my most recent favorites featured Stephen Fry and Bill Burr...

Have to say that about 25 episodes in or so that Welcome to Night Vale starts to get a bit tired. Maybe it's just not meant for bingeing? Anyway, I think one of the two writers is really into poetry, and the episodes that rely heavily on it become a bit of a trudge.  

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane