Cricket 30: World Twenty20 and beyond

ljkeane

15 hours ago, Jeor said:

We're going to be bludgeoned to death in India on both counts.

Are our spinners not that good (apart from Lyon, and he didn't exactly light up the Sri Lankan tour) so I expect the Indian batsmen will feast on them. Man I saw Kohli and Jadhav in that successful 350+ chase and they tonked spinners for 6 at will.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was a rerun of the England tour. Lyon might be able to give a bit more control because he has less of a tendency to bowl loose balls than Moeen or Rashid, but I'm a bit doubtful he's going to cause many problems for Kohli et al.

After losing to India in March, I don't think Australia has a test scheduled until the Ashes, whereas England host both South Africa and the WIndies before coming to Australia.

Does anyone know if Australia has plans to play any tests between India and next summer?

On 1/19/2017 at 0:54 AM, Squab said:

After losing to India in March, I don't think Australia has a test scheduled until the Ashes, whereas England host both South Africa and the WIndies before coming to Australia.

Does anyone know if Australia has plans to play any tests between India and next summer?

No, they have no more tests scheduled.

Stoinis makes a play for all rounder in a lackluster performance by Australia in a series sure to get watched by at least 7 Aussies outside of NZ. Without Warner, Smith and Wade, Australia get a chance to show how deep their batting goes by losing 6/67 after NZ posted 296 in Auckland.

13 hours ago, Hereward said:

So, to no-one's great surprise, Cook has decided to step down as England Test captain. Good luck, Joe!

He had a good innings - while there may have been several disasters in there there was also quite a few triumphs.

Root does seem like the obvious choice, although I worry a bit about his workload if he's to continue to be a key part of the ODI and T20 teams as well as being England's best Test batsman and now the captain as well.

I'm intrigued by the India v Bangladesh one-off test that will kick-off later today. On paper it's a total mismatch, but I just wonder whether, after some decent performances in NZ recently, together with the breakthrough win against England, Bangladesh might be a tougher assignment than expected. Will be tuning in to the coverage as much as I can...

10 minutes ago, williamjm said:

That would have had the advantage of irritating Australians, although I'm not sure I'd want Broad to have the power of deciding when to use DRS reviews.

Good point, though it would have the possible advantage of him not wasting them on any of the other bowlers!

Archived