Soccer Talk: Now With More!

MercenaryChef

And Draxler is already off injured.

But at least Wolfsburg started to play after the second goal. Though it was kinda clear, that Madrid could not keep up the pace they showed in the first 20 minutes for the entire game.

Yep.

Hattrick Ronaldo. Madrid were really that much better, today. The trouble for Wolfsburg started with the first goal. Both centrebacks missed the interception. Second goal was a poorly defended corner. Third goal was freekick, that went straight through the wall. 

That was a fantastic goal from De Bruyne. He has made a big impact since his return. A bit disappointed with Wolfsburg. I thought they would have another go tonight and test a dodgy Real defence but it was the Wolfsburg defence that looked nervous. Real were winning the aerial balls at will and Wolfsburg were not at the races. Still, an admirable effort from them to get this far and give Real a proper scare.

I had bet money on PSG going through and a separate bet on Madrid going through.

I ended up going even. PSG disappointed tremendously over these two games. I expect there will be some changes at the club this summer.

And I knew it would be De Bruyne. He's their best player.

So, it seems we're getting Bayern Munich's fitness coach, Andreas Kornmayer next season.

Klopp has admired Kornmayer’s work at Bayern for several years, albeit reluctantly as he believes their fitness levels were a factor in Heynckes’s team winning the treble at his Borussia Dortmund squad’s expense in 2013.

“Don’t forget,” the Liverpool manager said this year, “the 2013 treble-winning team of Bayern was unbelievably strong and they had all their players fit until the end.”

Kornmayer, who will take up his post at Anfield in the summer, replaces Dr Ryland Morgans, who ended a four-year stint at Liverpool last month.

In other news Piotr Zielinski has confirmed he is in talks with Jurgen Klopp about a move to Anfield.

Hmm...anyone here rate him ? I don't know anything about him.

On other news.

Benfica gave Bayern an early scare. But Bayern was able to walk it off. In simple numbers 1-1.

Barcelona has thus far not been able to walk it off. They are trailing and somehow struggling to get anything going thus far. Or in numbers Atletico 1  (Griezmann) Barcelona 0.

Good night of football. LVG did not play players horribly out of position and we now have an FA Cup semi-final to look forward to.

Atleti were well worth their win. They had the Barca front three under control and Iniesta should have been sent off. Absolutely love the Atleti grit and team ethic.

36 minutes ago, Fat Pink Master said:

What a bummer. That handball at the end was a penalty and the ultimate chance for extra time, but from overall performance Barça didn't deserve it.

Well Iniesta was the one who shot it and he should have been sent off for his handball so it evens out.

23 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Well Iniesta was the one who shot it and he should have been sent off for his handball so it evens out.

It wasn't a "manifest goal opportunity", or however the rule is worded in English, so the yellow card was appropriate.

Anyway, Barcelona didn't deserve to go through, it's useless to argue about refereeing.

Who would have thought that Barca would run out of steam before Leicester?

So it's Utd, Everton, Watford and Palace left in the FA Cup?  Am I remembering correctly?  That's four teams who are bang out of form in the league and probably anyone could win it from here.  I have a feeling DDG will win it for Utd, unfortunately. 

Archived