Who would you name as your 7 Kingsguard

Donny2Bong

Kingsguard (realistic candidates) 

Ser Arys Oakheart  :

- Inspite of how things turned out for Arys, he definitely fit the criteria for the Kingsguard. Out of Roberts 7, he was one of the few to be both a respectable swordsman and actually have a conscience.

Ser Balon Swann :

- Fairly similar in temperament to Oakheart, only less impulsive and more formidable according to Areo Hotah. Almost universally regarded as a good choice for the Kingsguard.

Ser Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander) :

- A legend in Westeros and has managed to remain relatively close to his prime as he's aged.

Brienne of Tarth :

- Embodies what a member of the Kingsguard should be. Whether she's as good as the top tier is up for debate, but George has definitely gone out of his way to show the reader she's a badass. Even though she is pretty naive, she definitely has the right mindset.

Ser Jaime Lannister :

- Inspite of the terrible shit he's done, Jaime has shown recently that deep down he is a good person. If you could get him away from the terrible influences in his life (namely Cersei) he could be a great Kingsguard.

The fact that he's probably the best swordsman in the entire series doesn't hurt either.

Ser Loras Tyrell :

- His reputation alone would help after the decline of the Kingsguard in recent years. As Jaime identifies in Feast, Loras is basically himself born again. So he's obviously a prodigy and is devoted to his family. With someone there to mentor him and hopefully a good King to serve, he could possibly actually live up to his potential.

Ser Robar Royce :

- We don't know a lot about Robar, but the little information we're given in Clash suggests he was a good choice for Renly's Rainbow Guard. The only thing he really lacks is experience (as Cat points out), but again he has the right mindset and is a more than capable swordsman by most accounts.

Honorable mention to the Blackfish and Garlan Tyrell. These two are obvious choices, but Garlan apparently isn't interested in fame and based off Bryndens conversation with Jaime I just don't think he would ever serve alongside the Kingslayer.

Was also really tempted to put someone from Dorne in there too. Probably either Archibald Yronwood or Daemon Sand, but it would probably be better to leave well enough alone if the King is a Baratheon/Lannister.

53 minutes ago, Oakhearts head said:

Kingsguard (realistic candidates) :

- Ser Arys Oakheart.

Inspite of how things turned out for Arys, he definitely fit the criteria for the Kingsguard. Out of Roberts 7, he was one of the few to be both a respectable swordsman and actually have a conscience.

- Ser Balon Swann.

Fairly similar in temperament to Oakheart, only less impulsive and more formidable according to Areo Hotah. Almost universally regarded as a good choice for the Kingsguard.

- Ser Barristan Selmy (Lord Commander).

A legend in Westeros and has managed to remain relatively close to his prime as he's aged.

- Brienne of Tarth.

Embodies what a member of the Kingsguard should be. Whether she's as good as the top tier is up for debate, but George has definitely gone out of his way to show the reader she's a badass. Even though she is pretty naive, she definitely has the right mindset.

- Ser Jaime Lannister.

Inspite of the terrible shit he's done, Jaime has shown recently that deep down he is a good person. If you could get him away from the terrible influences in his life (namely Cersei) he could be a great Kingsguard.

The fact that he's probably the best swordsman in the entire series doesn't hurt either.

- Ser Loras Tyrell.

His reputation alone would help after the decline of the Kingsguard in recent years. As Jaime identifies in Feast, Loras is basically himself born again. So he's obviously a prodigy and is devoted to his family. With someone there to mentor him and hopefully a good King to serve, he could possibly actually live up to his potential.

Ser Robar Royce.

- We don't know a lot about Robar, but the little information we're given in Clash suggests he was a good choice for Renly's Rainbow Guard. The only thing he really lacks is experience (as Cat points out), but again he has the right mindset and is a more than capable swordsman by most accounts.

Honorable mention to Blackfish and Garlan Tyrell. Those guys are obvious choices, but Garlan apparently isn't interested in fame and based off Bryndens conversation with Jaime I just don't think he would ever serve alongside the Kingslayer.

Was also really tempted to put someone from Dorne in there too. Probably either Archibald Yronwood or Daemon Sand, but it would probably be better to leave well enough alone if the King is a Baratheon/Lannister.

Love the mention of Blackfish, aswell if Bronn was up to it you would be in for some fun. Assuming Jaime still has both hands?? 

Barristan Selmy – complete legend and vastly experienced

Oberyn Martell – absolute badass and helps keep Dorne happy

Jon Snow/Stark – represents the North and can wield a sword

Loras Tyrell – brilliant fighter and means the Reach have a knight of the KG

Blackfish – Grizzled knight, again with experience and formidable.

Howland Reed – a bit of green magic/greensight would be invaluable

Jaime Lannister – (with his sword hand) arguably the best swordsman in the realm

1. Areo Hotah - devoted and extremely talented fighter

2. Barristan Selmy - Barristan the Bold .. duh..

3. Garlan Tyrell - outstanding fighter and good person in general as far as we know

4. Grey Worm - obidient and skillful warrior 

5. Brienne of Tarth - very honor oriented person and very good fighter - perfect choice for KG

6. Blackfish - Loyal, reasonable and above average fighter that prooved himself in battles 

7. Jon Snowie - I don't like him at all but he have good sense of honor, is loyal and is capable as fighter.

Bring it on kingslayers

Considering the way the last 2 kings had died, I believe that the Kingsguard need some serious changes. 

a-    The KG are answerable to the King and to the King only. They only communicate information to the king and should have no communication with any other people apart from the king.

b-    New roles need to be introduced to provide better protection to the King. That include of a Spy master, a maester (whose independent from the Citadel), a sorcerer, a torturer and a food/wine tester

Assuming everyone is loyal my team would be

Commander of the KG:  Oberyn Martell – he’s quite loyal, he’s a great soldier, he’s well versed with poison and he had travelled across the world and witnessed different types of fighting. He’s the all rounder you need as Commander of the KG

KG1: Wun Wun – If Gregor Clegane is tough and fierce some then imagine what a 14 foot giant sitting on a mammoth can be.  A freak of nature like that would send shivers down the spine to anyone who dares approaching the King let alone kill him

KG2: Sir Robert Strong – a powerful 8 foot knight who doesn’t seem to need to eat and is silent. That’s the type of knight every king would want as protector

KG3: Varamyr Sixskins – If a Targ ever come to Kingslanding riding a dragon than a top quality skinchanger may be the difference between life and death. Varamyr Sixkins is the strongest skinchanger in the North. Also someone like him could have saved Robert B if he was around

Kg4: Arya Stark – It takes a killer to understand a killer. Arya Stark would be a perfect addition to the KG. A faceless god assassin whose also a skin changer and a woman, Arya can infiltrate in areas without any suspicion and unearth plots/kill conspirators before they actually become dangerous.

KG5: Qhorin Halfhand – One of the finest rangers in the Night’s watch. Qhorin ability to track down an enemy is undeniably good.  

KG6: Euron Greyjoy – If the King needs to escape and the only way is by sea than having a Greyjoy around may be a sound decision indeed. Greyjoys had travelled around the world, he’s quite intelligent and has experience with black magic.

Ramsay Snow he would deal with the cour when i'm not in the mood.

Gregor Clegane he will protect me and also deal with stuff when i'm in no mood.

Barristan Selmy but only as young.

Robert Baratheon again only as young.

Bronn cuz he is Bronn.

Jaime with two hands.

And you said everyone is 100 % loyal so Tywin as lord commander and acting hand of the king.

I'm breaking the rules. I will bring up people from as early as possible.

Lord Commander: Ser Duncan the Tall. 

2: Ser Barristan Selmy.

3: Ser Arthur Dayne.

4. Prince Aemon Targaryen the Dragonknight.

5. Ser Lyonel Baratheon the Laughing Storm. 

6. Ser Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer (sword-fighting, not character. Besides, I'm not burning KL so)

7. Robert Baratheon. 

I name Ser Lyonel and Robert because they are legendary fighters we see in the story. Those would be my seven, based purely on swordplay.

I get people like Jaime(for some reason I can never understand)but why would anybody pick him knowing what we know about him to watch your back? 

The man has never been loyal except to the Lannisters and even that's iffy plus he has no honor and never had any honor, so what's the deal? 

Archived