The OTHERS

Donny2Bong

Is the only way to stop the coming apocalypse of the OTHERS through diplomacy??

I Feel Jon already being the diplomat he is, will try and reach an agreement with the others rather then wage war, there is just no way victory can be reached through means of arms (Even if Jon is AA) and he will seal this pact with a marriage to an OTHER.

How do you figure Jon is a diplomat? Jon is a pragmatist, who will probably consider a truce if there's no other way, but first and foremost he will try to destroy the Others. ( his not trying to build a huge ass wilding army just for wall and chill stuff )

Im guessing they will be stopped with weapons from old Valarya , i.e steel + dragons + w/e Bran is going to do .

There is nothing in the show (also in the book) that remotely suggest there is going to be a political solution between Whitewalkers and humans.  All signs point to Jon leading humans to fight and to destroy them with Jon taking the fight to  Whitewalkers homeland.

Spoiler

When the first battle of dawn happened the white-walkers weren't eliminated,they were just routed. I dnt know whether it will be a plain straight victory for the relam since the others are clearly sentient and some kind of compromise or deal will happen.They are not a mindless-ice zombie apocalypse.  

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:35 AM, Donny2Bong said:

Is the only way to stop the coming apocalypse of the OTHERS through diplomacy??

I Feel Jon already being the diplomat he is, will try and reach an agreement with the others rather then wage war, there is just no way victory can be reached through means of arms (Even if Jon is AA) and he will seal this pact with a marriage to an OTHER.

I dunno, the walkers have dropped significantly in the "bad-assery" scale over the seasons. Apparently, they shatter like glass at the touch of Valyrian steel and melt like tallow when poked with dragonglass. And there is plenty of both throughout the Seven Kingdoms.

Alien/Predators they are not.

We don't actually know how many Others there are. We've seen little more than a handful of them. If there are only a dozen Others, there are pretty good odds that a couple dragons and 5,000 well-equipped men could take them out (unless they start using arrows or something). It's strange, I always pictured the story as three supernatural elements colliding, all in one place, at the same time: White Walkers, Dragons and R'Hollor. Instead, White Walkers are already poised to attack the wall, while the Dragons are still stuck in the middle of Essos, and Stannis has bottomed out. I feel like this is heading for a huge climactic mess.

Yeah from what we have seen this is not lord of the rings there is no dark lord to beat but at the same time if the others think they can just wipe out humanity with little pushback than they have to be forced to the negotiating table. Pretty sure jon is going to be a little inhuman after the come back. 

Archived