Rank your 2016 TV shows throughout the year

Corvinus85

As a way to keep track of all the shows one watches throughout the year, I thought it might be a good idea to keep track of them with a ranking system. Of course, if you watch upwards of 50 shows in a year, this would probably be difficult. Now this is just to rank the current seasons of the shows.

You can also color code, to see which rise or decline in your ranking. For example, green for a rise, red for a decline, bold for a new entry.

These are all the new seasons I've watched or am watching so far this year.

1. Black Sails

2. Daredevil

3. The Expanse

4. House of Cards

5. Star Wars Rebels

6. The Walking Dead

7. Limitless

8. Grimm

9. The Blacklist

10. Vikings

11. Brooklyn 99

12. Elementary

13. Agents of SHIELD

14. The Big Bang Theory

15. Arrow

16. Agent Carter

17. Once Upon A Time

18. The Flash

19. Gotham

20. Supergirl

21. Legends of Tomorrow

22. The Shannara Chronicles

1. Daredevil

2. War and Peace 

3. House of Cards

4. Love (Netflix Original Comedy)

5. Vikings

6. Once Upon a Time (This will always likely be bottom, because although I enjoy it, i acknowledge it as a cheesy, campy, guilty pleasure).

Think that is all of the new seasons I had watched so far this year. Watched a couple of other things, but not new. There are a lot of shows starting up in the next few months that I'm looking forward to though; Peaky Blinders, Penny Dreadful; Orphan Black; Orange is the New Black. I anticipate a lot of changes to the list in that time

A bit too early for me. Better Call Saul and Last Week Tonight are the only shows i've really enjoyed so far this year.

Vikings, House of Cards and The Walking Dead have all been quite poor.

Will start into the new seasons of Black Sails, The Americans and Daredevil soon enough.

Then there's Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders, Fortitude, Rectify, Bloodline, possibly Fargo, Mr Robot and a whole host of shows i'm probably forgetting right now.

1) Black Sails: Season three

2) Vikings: season four

3) War and Peace (just one season)

4) The Shannara Chronicles season one

I am watching the Night Manager and Hap and Leonard at the moment. I'm currently waiting for Archer, Peaky Blinders, Outlander and Banshee to start.

38 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

6. Once Upon a Time (This will always likely be bottom, because although I enjoy it, i acknowledge it as a cheesy, campy, guilty pleasure).

I dare you to watch the Shannara Chronicles :P I'm pretty sure Once Upon a Time will no longer be last in your ranking :P

1. Better Call Saul
  2. Limitless
  3. Code Black
  4. Last Man on Earth
  5. Fresh Of The Boat
  6. House Of Cards
  7. Love
  8. Master of None
  9. The Middle
  10. The Goldbergs
  11. Daredevil
  12. The Flash (but I'm behind)
  13. Supergirl (but I'm pretty far behind)

Plan on Watching New Seasons Of:

1. Fargo
  2. Humans
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. Sense8
  5. Orange is the New Black
  6. Game of Thrones
  7. Fear The Walking Dead

Maybe plan on picking up/returning to (should I?):

1. The Americans (seen 2 seasons)
  2. Mr. Robot (seen 2 episodes)
  3. Orphan Black (seen almost 2 seasons)
  4. Gotham (a few episodes)
  5. Jessica Jones (2 episodes)
  6. Vikings (1 episode)

These are shows I am watching or will be this year

Won't miss these shows

Game of Thrones

Better Call Saul

The Walking Dead

Limitless

The Big Bang Theory

Survivor

Hells Kitchen

Vikings

I make a point to watch these

Mr. Robot

Masterchef

Daredevil

House of Cards

Fear the walking dead

Silicon Valley

Barely hanging on

Gotham

Blindspot

Quantico

29 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

2) Vikings: season four

4) The Shannara Chronicles season one

I am watching the Night Manager and Hap and Leonard at the moment. I'm currently waiting for Archer, Peaky Blinders, Outlander and Banshee to start.

I dare you to watch the Shannara Chronicles :P I'm pretty sure Once Upon a Time will no longer be last in your ranking :P

Ha! I'm allowing myself one campy silly to show and that's enough for now ;) Are you planning to watch HoC S4? If you managed S3 you should be able to at least make it through S4...and he'll, I even enjoyed it, despite some flaws

28 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:
  1. Better Call Saul
  2. Limitless
  3. Code Black
  4. Last Man on Earth
  5. Fresh Of The Boat
  6. House Of Cards
  7. Love
  8. Master of None
  9. The Middle
  10. The Goldbergs
  11. Daredevil
  12. The Flash (but I'm behind)
  13. Supergirl (but I'm pretty far behind)

Plan on Watching New Seasons Of:

1. Fargo
  2. Humans
  3. Silicon Valley
  4. Sense8
  5. Orange is the New Black
  6. Game of Thrones
  7. Fear The Walking Dead

Maybe plan on picking up/returning to (should I?):

1. The Americans (seen 2 seasons)
  2. Mr. Robot (seen 2 episodes)
  3. Orphan Black (seen almost 2 seasons)
  4. Gotham (a few episodes)
  5. Jessica Jones (2 episodes)
  6. Vikings (1 episode)

Totally forgot about Sense8! Although Netflix up usually sends me emails when new seasons of things I watched return.

i would recommend picking up Jessica Jones and Orphan Black, and Vikings (if by one episode you mean of the first season. If you mean of the newest season I'd probably say no...)

Are we only counting shows that came out this year?

So far I'd say:

1) Daredevil (although that will probably go down as the year goes on)
2)Love (really enjoyed this little series)
3) Better Call Saul (struggling to get through it, but still recognise that its good)
4) Vikings season 4 (pretty crappy really, but still partly enjoyable)
5) Walking Dead ( surprised this is behind Vikings, but its such a drudge half the time)
6) Master of None (liked it, but its still a less good Louis)

1 minute ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Are we only counting shows that came out this year?

Yes, all new seasons for this year. I am also watching for the first time Deep Space 9, but I'm not counting it. (It would easily be in my top 5, if I did)

hmm, a bit early in 2016, but so far:

Black Sails

Vikings

Galavant

War & Peace

Hap and Leonard

Little Big Shots(Steve Harvey is hilarious)

The Expanse(started in 2015, but idc)

The Magicians

anticipating:

Penny Dreadful

The Last Panthers

Veep

GOT(season 5 pissed me off, but I'm oddly excited for season 6)

The Night Manager

Rebellion

Silicon Valley

Banshee

Outlander

This list made me realize I watch way to much TV ;)

1. Currently enjoy watching or enjoyed already in 2016

Daredevil

Limitless

Black Sails

The Expanse

The Americans

The 100

Brooklyn 99

Agent Carter

Agents of Shield

Galavant

The Grinder

Grandfathered

Star Wars Rebels

Vikings

The Walking Dead

2. Planning on watching new seasons

Fargo

Penny Dreadful

Game of Thrones

Silicon Valley

Banshee

Killjoys

Fear the Walking Dead

The Night Manager

The Last Kingdom

Luke Cage

Orphan Black

Mr. Robot

3. Watching, but interest fading 

Sleepy Hollow

Arrow

The Flash

4. Gave up on

Gotham

Supergirl

Blindspot

The Shannara Chronicles

Apparantly, I need to update my list :)

2) Galavant: Season Two

3) Vikings: season four

5) Sherlock: The Abominable bride

6) Downton Abbey: the final season (although I kind of half watched that with the folks, otherwise I would have axed that one as well)

7) The Shannara Chronicles season one

hmm, a bit early in 2016, but so far:

Black Sails

Vikings

Galavant

War & Peace

Hap and Leonard

Little Big Shots(Steve Harvey is hilarious)

The Expanse(started in 2015, but idc)

The Magicians

Oh fuck this shit, how could I have forgotten about Galavant :o That second season was amazing. I totally forgot that it was broadcast in 2016 :) It's going to be hard to rank it though, it's so unique and it suffers from so much limitations that I find it hard to compare it to series like Black Sails and Vikings. Still, that second season was damn good for what it was. I'm still listening to some of their numbers.

EDIT: I superbelieve in you Tad Cooper! :D 

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, all new seasons for this year. I am also watching for the first time Deep Space 9, but I'm not counting it. (It would easily be in my top 5, if I did)

Perhaps best to ask people to state the number of the season, because the new season of Vikings can mean something else depending on where you're from :) 

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Are you planning to watch HoC S4? If you managed S3 you should be able to at least make it through S4...and he'll, I even enjoyed it, despite some flaws

I'm not really planning to watch HoC no. I must admit that I was never that into the show. I have always thought HoC peaked in its first minutes when we saw how Frank took care of that wounded doggie. I didn't even like season two all that much, but because three came out around the time I finished that and I had a lot of time I forced myself to continue.

Now I don't really want to return, because it would feel like a chore, working through an entire season of something that I don't find particularly grabbing. I considered it of course, but because the reviews weren't absolutely raving I thought better of it.

I'm very picky when it comes to the entertainment I consume, but over the years I have fostered the bad habit of continuing shows that have long outstayed their welcome (first change was dropping tWD two seasons ago). Now I'm trying to step away from that pattern and make amends (the abysmal fifth season of GoT was really the catalyst here).

This year I have already dropped Shannara (I litterally watched 10 out of 12 episodes but it's trash so I didn't even bother watching the awful conclusion), Brooklyn 99 and HoC. I'm also determined not to watch GoT (which is going to be very satisfying). There are a lot of other shows on the chopping block as well, although I'm planning on giving them a final chance before I axe them for good :) 

Watching/watched 7 shows so far this year 

1. Better Call Saul 

2. The Americans

3. The People vs OJ Simpson

4. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia 

5. Daredevil

6. Vikings

7. The Walking Dead 

Waiting on Veep, Thrones, Mr. Robot, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. 

1.  The Americans - the best show on TV.  Can't understand why it's not sweeping all the awards. 

2. Better Call Saul - the second best show on TV. 

3. Fear the Walking Dead - I like this better than TWD at the moment.  I'm currently rewatching last season to refresh my memory of where everyone's characters are going.

4. Naked and Afraid - guilty pleasure.  I like it more than Survivor, which I've burnt out on after following every season from the beginning of time.  The "contestants" on **this** show really are survivors.  They're not given shit and being whiners. 

5. The Walking Dead - its plot lines and characters' actions don't make a lot of sense much of the time, but I still watch it.  I'm not sure if it's because of habit or because I'm actually interested.  Once in a while there'll be a really good episode - enough so that it keeps me on the hook.

6. The People v. OJ Simpson - even though I pretty much lived through it at the time, the way this whole case unfolded and the impact it had on people is still pretty riveting.

7. Reruns of Breaking Bad - every Wednesday night one of the cable networks replays three episodes.  Unfortunately, it runs until around 2 a.m., which means I'm foggy-eyed Thursday mornings.   

Will watch:

1. The Night Manager

2. Galavant

3. Fargo

4. Game of Thrones - even though it's not what it should be, I just can't quit it.

There's a lot more that I just don't have time to watch. :(  I know House of Cards is supposed to be awesome, but I just can't be arsed to watch it.  I remember the original miniseries too well and it was soooo good.

1. Better Call Saul

2. Baskets

3. Hap and Leonard

4. Broad City

5. The Expanse

6. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

7. Animals

8. Girls

9. Togetherness

10. The Magicians

11. Vinyl

12. Vikings

Here's mine...

1. Daredevil

2. The Walking Dead

3. The Flash

4. Star Wars Rebels

5. Agents of SHIELD

6. Supergirl

7. The Big Bang Theory

8. Arrow

9. Agent Carter

10. The 100

11. Gotham

12. Legends of Tomorrow

13. The Shannara Chronicles

Looking forward to Sense8, any and all upcoming Netflix Marvel shows (Luke Cage and possibly JJ season 2?), Fear TWD and Penny Dreadful. Will watch Orphan Black too - though my enjoyment is fading somewhat.

I really want to give Better Call Saul a try one of these days. It's just hard to find the time - especially as my wife never watched BB and wouldn't be interested in watching this. Similar story for Black Sails and Vikings - both of which I've watched some of but am nowhere near up to date on.

Archived