Rank your 2016 TV shows throughout the year

Corvinus85

4 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

I really want to give Better Call Saul a try one of these days. It's just hard to find the time - especially as my wife never watched BB and wouldn't be interested in watching this. Similar story for Black Sails and Vikings - both of which I've watched some of but am nowhere near up to date on.

My husband (against all reason) never got into BB, but started watching BCS and loves it.  Now it's a must-watch for the both of us every Monday night.

After the season finale, The Walking Dead has dropped in my rankings.

1. Black Sails

2. Daredevil

3. The Expanse

4. House of Cards

5. Star Wars Rebels

6. Limitless

7. Grimm

8. The Blacklist

9. The Walking Dead (at 6 previously)

10. Vikings

1. The Americans Season 4 - Matthew Rhys alone is worth watching as his character is one of the most beautifully acted character on TV.
  2. Daredevil Season 2
  3. The Night Manager
  4. The Expanse Season 1 - Ending was a bit off, but overall great enjoyment
  5. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride - too many twists, I thought it'll never end but still great episode
  6. House of Cards Season 4 - Its absurdity never bothered me as this year, but it is still show with brilliant actors
  7. War and Peace - adaptations of Tolstoy are never brilliant, but this one at least speaks to the audience watching it.
  8. The Big Bang Theory Season 9
  9. The Good Wife Season 7 - it still has its moments
  10. Agent Carter Season 2 - I adore Peggy but this year was not worthy of her absolutely amazing character
  11. Limitless Season 1 - Super fun procedural with solid arc.
  12. Vikings Season 4
  13. Code Black Season 1 - we really need grittier medical dramas
  14. Lucifer Season 1 - This one had amazing lead and horrendous plot
  15. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Season 3 - They are still doing solid job.
  16. Grey's anatomy Season 12 - Denzel Washington's episode was the one that made me admit I am still watching it
  17. Quantico Season 1 - it started good, but it got lost trying with so many not so believable twists. Plus, Homeland and Greys shouldn't be mixed.
  18. Arrow Season 4
  19. Scandal Season 5
  20. The Flash Season 2
  21. Scorpion Season 2 - nothing special, but sometimes it can get semi-interesting
  22. DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
  23. The Shannara Chronicles - Hasta la Vista...

Plan to watch:

1. Game of Thrones Season 5
  2. Outlander Season 2
  3. Orphan Black Season 4
  4. Orange is the New Black Season 4
  5. Marco Polo Season 2
  6. Luke Cage Season 1
  7. Master of None Season 2
  8. Sense8 Season 2 (if it comes this year, which I am not rather sure)

Summer roster (things I missed):

1. Fargo
  2. Narcos - both seasons
  3. Penny Dreadful
  4. Better Call Saul - both seasons

Not included - British 2015 shows:

1. And Then There Were None
  2. Downton Abbey Season 6

I saw the first episode of Undercover, the new BBC show, on Sunday. If the series maintains the same level of quality it displayed in that first episode, I reckon we'll be seeing this in a lot of top threes here. 

9 hours ago, Risto said:

Not included - British 2015 shows:

1. And Then There Were None
  2. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride
  3. Downton Abbey Season 6

Actually, Sherlock was a 2016 show ;) The special was aired on New Year's Day 2016 :) 

6 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Actually, Sherlock was a 2016 show ;) The special was aired on New Year's Day 2016 :) 

Then I will claim that I count Orthodox New Year, which starts on January 14th :) God, how good I am with excuses... I really don't know why I put it there... OK, will edit it ASAP :) Thanks, @Veltigar

21 hours ago, Risto said:
  2. Limitless Season 1 - Super fun procedural with solid arc
  3. Quantico Season 1 - it started good, but it got lost trying with so many not so believable twists. Plus, Homeland and Greys shouldn't be mixed
  4. Scorpion Season 2 - nothing special, but sometimes it can get semi-interesting

Agree with you on Limitless. It's just a fun goofy show to watch.

Quantico, season start off interesting and has just spiraled out of control. My wife already stopped watching it and I am not far behind

Scorpion, you stated it well. Nothing special, average at best I just like some of the "science" they use. 

43 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Agree with you on Limitless. It's just a fun goofy show to watch.

Quantico, season start off interesting and has just spiraled out of control. My wife already stopped watching it and I am not far behind

Scorpion, you stated it well. Nothing special, average at best I just like some of the "science" they use. 

Limitless is perhaps the only show that doesn't take itself too seriously. It is goofy, it is intended to make jokes but when needed, they know how to turn it into a dramatic smackdown. It is one of the rare show that is plainly fun to watch. It's all about lighthearted fun.

The problem with Quantico is that at the beginning it mostly flirted with its soapy side, but now it fully gravitated towards it. Between emotional outbursts and questions like who is doing whom takes from the seriousness of the topic.

Scorpion is just a procedural. Its "The Big Bang Theory in drama world" premise didn't actually work as expected, and unlike some average/borderline bad shows like Flash which has the entire Universe or Quantico, which is thematically interesting, it is just plain procedural. It has its moments, but usually, not so much...

Shows I intend to watch in 2016:

Fargo Season II

House of Cards 4

Game of Thrones 6

Vikings - all seasons

Humans 1 and 2

Fear the Walking Dead 2

The Young Pope

Tut

The Crown

Frontier

Westworld

Preacher

Narcos

Shannara Chronicles

War and Peace

Last Kingdom season II

Star Wars Rebels season 2 and 3

Voltron: Legendary Defender

Legend of Korra and Avatar Last Airbender: All seasons

The Night Manager- Seen, 7 stars out of 10

Breaking Bad season 1 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30 March 2016 at 6:26 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

1. Daredevil

2. War and Peace 

3. House of Cards

4. Love (Netflix Original Comedy)

5. Vikings

6. Once Upon a Time (This will always likely be bottom, because although I enjoy it, i acknowledge it as a cheesy, campy, guilty pleasure).

Update:

1) Daredevil

2) War and Peace

3) House of Cards

4) Love (Netflix Original Comedy)

5) OUAT (+1)

6) Vikings Season 4a (-1)

Vikings bumped down a spot. Huge drop in quality from a show I was i'pressed with until now. Hopefully 4b will be better, it did seem promising with the end of the final episode but we'll see. And yes, I hold different shows to different standards.

Ongoing shows:

Orphan Black Season 4 (based on the first two this is going to be a strong contender for top spot)

BBC's Undercover. Another strong entry, don't think it will be top though.

Coming in the next couple of months:

Penny Dreadful Season 3

Peaky Blinders Season 3

Orange is the New Black Season 4

1. Better Call Saul

2. The Night Manager

3. Sherlock

4. Black Sails

5. The Americans

6. Rebellion

Now they get a bit crap

7. House of Cards

8. The Walking Dead

9. Vikings

Intend to watch news seasons of Daredevil, Game of Thrones, Fortitude, Bloodline, Narcos, Fargo, Peaky Blinders

3 hours ago, dooog said:

1. Better Call Saul

2. The Night Manager

3. Sherlock

4. Black Sails

5. The Americans

6. Rebellion

Now they get a bit crap

7. House of Cards

8. The Walking Dead

9. Vikings

Intend to watch news seasons of Daredevil, Game of Thrones, Fortitude, Bloodline, Narcos, Fargo, Peaky Blinders

Is Rebellion the Irish one starring Michelle Fairley and Sarah Greene? I noticed it on Netflix the other day and was going to give it a try 

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Is Rebellion the Irish one starring Michelle Fairley and Sarah Greene? I noticed it on Netflix the other day and was going to give it a try 

Yeah that's the one, about the 1916 Rising. Barristan the Bold is in it too as well as about half the cast from Love/Hate

It's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but it's alright if you're stuck for something to watch.

It's kind of early for this thread... I'm sure others --Game of Thrones in particular-- will be at the top of this list..... but as of 4/23...

1. Black Sails

2. Banshee

3. Daredevil

4. The Expanse

5. Better Call Saul

6. House of Cards

...the rest in no particular order

7. Vikings

8. Outsiders

9. The Americans

10. The Walking Dead

11. Magicians

12. Hap & Leonard

13. Vinyl

14. Billions

15- Mad Dogs

Shows just starting, but awesome

A- Outlander (only 2 episodes in, otherwise much higher)

B- Orphan Black

C- The Night Manager

D- 11-22-63

E- Turn

• 3 weeks later...
  1. The Americans Season 4 - The leading duo continues to be one of the best pairings on TV and Russell and Rhys are doing extraordinary job.
  2. Daredevil Season 2
  3. The Night Manager
  4. The Expanse Season 1 - Ending was a bit off, but overall great enjoyment
  5. Sherlock: The Abominable Bride - too many twists, I thought it'll never end but still great episode
  6. House of Cards Season 4 - Its absurdity never bothered me as this year, but it is still show with brilliant actors
  7. War and Peace - adaptations of Tolstoy are never brilliant, but this one at least speaks to the audience watching it.
  8. Game of Thrones Season 6
  9. The Big Bang Theory Season 9
  10. The Good Wife Season 7 - the ending was absolutely perfect. Christine Baranski did amazing work
  11. Agent Carter Season 2 - I adore Peggy but this year was not worthy of her absolutely amazing character
  12. Orphan Black Season 4
  13. Limitless Season 1 - Super fun procedural with solid arc.
  14. Outlander Season 2
  15. Code Black Season 1 - we really need grittier medical dramas
  16. Lucifer Season 1 - This one had amazing lead and horrendous plot
  17. Marvels Agents of SHIELD Season 3 - They are still doing solid job.
  18. Vikings Season 4
  19. Grey's anatomy Season 12 - Denzel Washington's episode was the one that made me admit I am still watching it
  20. Quantico Season 1 - it started good, but it got lost trying with so many not so believable twists. Plus, Homeland and Greys shouldn't be mixed.
  21. Scorpion Season 2 - better than the bunch below
  22. Arrow Season 4
  23. Scandal Season 5
  24. The Flash Season 2
  25. DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1
  26. The Shannara Chronicles - Hasta la Vista...

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

1) Game of Thrones Season 6

Everything else.

Oh, come on, you know it's not true. Are you saying that the 3 episodes you've seen so far are better than all of Black Sails season 3? 

Archived