College Basketball 2016-17: Trippin' Ain't Easy

Ded As Ned

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I really enjoy watching Monk play, and that was amazing. 

Kid is an amazing athlete.  Has a reputation as being a streaky shooter, but when I look at his form I don't see any flaws with it.  I think after a couple of years in the pros with time to do nothing but practice he'll be consistent.

This team just plays so fast.  They are fun to watch.

UCLA likes to run too.  I don't think that's the recipe to beat this team, but I won't guarantee that we win... I will guarantee that there will be a lot of points scored in the game.  :lol: 

VCU is now 6-1, first time we've started off this well since 1993 with our only loss coming to Baylor. Really like the make up of this team. The real star right now is JeQuan Lewis who has just upped his game to another level, similar to what Melvin Johnson did last year. Outside of that, we're really balanced, where there seems to be one or two players each game who steps up, whether that was Johnny Williams with 22 pts against St. Johns or Justin Tillman with 17 against LSU or Lewis with 25 pts and 12 assists last night against Princeton. The other thing that has been nice is two of our Freshman, Samir Doughty (avging 9 pts per game) and De'Riante Jenkins (top 50 recruit) seem to figuring out the game. Really think they'll be huge for us later in the season when we get into A10 play and the game slows down for them.

We still foul too much, turning the ball over more than usual and we're still mediocre from the FT line but our FG % is way up this year, we're taking better shots and we're much more balanced across the board. If we can stop spotting teams early in games (Princeton was up 16-0 last night after 6 minutes), really think we have the potential to do some damage this year. There has definitely not been a let off from Shaka Smart and in a lot of ways, I think Wade is an improvement. It'll be interesting to see if we keep getting better like I expect us to.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, Ded As Ned said:

I wasn't able to catch the game, but wow Fox got only the 2nd triple-double in UK history!

It was cool to see him get it - and it is amazing given the talent that has been through that school that it hasn't happened but once before. 

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

You stay classy Durham.  :rolleyes: 

SMH.  Really?  You wrote that sign, looked at it and said "HA! My mom is going to be so proud of me...."  or "THIS is a good idea, no down side to this."

Hopefully whomever did it gets banned from Cameron for stupidity.

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Hopefully, UNC at IU will be a better game.

Is that tonight?

ETA:  Nevermind, google is my friend.

In other news... apparently Fox's triple-double the other night was in question for one of his 10 assists... after a couple days of officials reviewing the play in question, they decided that yes, it was an assist.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Hopefully, UNC at IU will be a better game.

Not so far.  How the fuck did Indiana lose to that terrible school (I can't even remember who it was).

2 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

In other news... apparently Fox's triple-double the other night was in question for one of his 10 assists... after a couple days of officials reviewing the play in question, they decided that yes, it was an assist.

:shocked: That's a thing?

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Wow. :stunned: 

Of course, it's easy to laugh about it, but I know Cal feels that way at Rupp sometimes.  And truthfully, it's not like IU fans get up like that when Minnesota comes to town either.

Oh, and going back to my ongoing swipe at Kansas for the t-shirt night... I will back that off a bit.  For the UCLA game, UK is having a "Blue/White Out."  Half of Rupp is to be in blue, the other half white.  Fans are supposed to check the map and see what their section is supposed to wear.

Don't know how well that will work.  The old gray hairs probably don't check their email all that often.

Archived