College Basketball 2016-17: Trippin' Ain't Easy

Ded As Ned

Why Ole Miss fans love Andy Kennedy, sustained mediocrity and all.

"I mean, what are you gonna do? You can't go to the waiver wire," he says in calm exasperation. "I told 'em they could all transfer if they like. It's a possibility, I suppose. I'm not sure if they'd have a lot of takers based on that performance."

:lol: 

Damn, UCLA looked strong today, but it didn't seem like a very inspired effort from Kentucky. Shocked that UCLA won both games of this home-and-home with UK ranked #1, but this year's Bruin's team is actually quite good unlike last year's.  

Ball is getting the most hype, but UCLA's other freshman Leaf had a hell of a game today.  He's surprisingly athletic and makes very few mistakes down there.

On some lists these two teams have the top two classes for next year incoming.  

9 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Damn, UCLA looked strong today, but it didn't seem like a very inspired effort from Kentucky. Shocked that UCLA won both games of this home-and-home with UK ranked #1, but this year's Bruin's team is actually quite good unlike last year's.  

Ball is getting the most hype, but UCLA's other freshman Leaf had a hell of a game today.  He's surprisingly athletic and makes very few mistakes down there.

On some lists these two teams have the top two classes for next year incoming.  

It is a shame that these one and done freshman may save Steve Alford's job.

Despite how terrible UCLA made our defense look today, that is some major kudos to them.  As much as I can't stand Alford or Alford Jr.... UCLA has a heck of team.  They looked final 4 today... and not that I've watched a lot of ball this far in the season, I'd have to say they were the best team I've seen so far.

2 hours ago, sperry said:

It is a shame that these one and done freshman may save Steve Alford's job.

Seems close to certain at this point with this start to the year and the great class coming in next year.  Ball has to be a one-and-done, but Leaf actually seems like he could be a great college player who's not much of a pro and could be around for a while (unless he has more potential to convert to a 3 than I'm giving him credit for).

2 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Seems close to certain at this point with this start to the year and the great class coming in next year.  Ball has to be a one-and-done, but Leaf actually seems like he could be a great college player who's not much of a pro and could be around for a while (unless he has more potential to convert to a 3 than I'm giving him credit for).

Could be. I read an article on ESPN yesterday predicting him as a first rounder though.

I watched the game and yet I still have no idea how WVU managed to win today in Charlottesville.  But I'll take it!  Needed that one for RPI / signature out of conference win when it comes to the end of the season. 

Also watched the Horns last night.  They pulled it out but as a WVU fan I hope they still look as young as they have early in the season when they have to face the Mountaineer press.  I think there's a good chance we eat them alive.  They swept us last year so I'm very ready to play those guys.  

Archived