College Basketball 2016-17: Trippin' Ain't Easy

Ded As Ned

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

The Eagles finished the game with just three players, coming into the last 1:36 with four, then losing another player 56 seconds later. They went with a deeply foreboding 1-2 zone to close the game out.

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 8:39 AM, Ded As Ned said:

The video is pretty damning.  With that, I imagine he'll sit at least half the season, if he's lucky.  Very well may be kicked off the team.  

Whelp I'll eat my hat on this one.  Willis gets off the hook and won't miss any games, with a warning from Cal.

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Champions Classic renewed through 2019.  Great news, but I really hope we can get some fucking luck the next go round - it seems we're paired with the best team every freaking year.

With those 4, even if you're not playing the "best" of the other 3... there's not much drop-off between one or the others.

Rutgers basketball (yes) let fly this tweet last night, boasting that NBA players coached by their current staff have earned a whopping $1.1B in the NBA. Pretty impressive until you realize that the vast majority of those guys played at UConn under a longtime assistant recently hired by Rutgers. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Mexal said:

VCU has like 4-5 4* official visits this month. If they land 3 of them, this could be a pretty awesome recruiting class. Really want Lavar Batts Jr and Aamir Simms specifically. 

Overall how has the program transitioned in the post-Shaka era?  Does it seem like its a smooth off-season?  Sounds like recruiting is chugging along, but what about fan interest?

23 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Overall how has the program transitioned in the post-Shaka era?  Does it seem like its a smooth off-season?  Sounds like recruiting is chugging along, but what about fan interest?

Really well actually. We haven't missed a beat, finishing last year where we've finished each of the last few years. And now we have a great freshman class with De'Riante Jenkins and Samir Doughty leading the way. Biggest thing to overcome was the loss of the entire 2015 recruiting class plus Larrier.

Will Wade is one of the smartest coaches I've ever heard speak. He's a stat nerd with a photographic memory and he's very open with the media so his press conferences are great as well as informative. The types of players he's targeted this year are the perfect type of players for our program and he's not aiming low at all as they're more or less all 4* on at least one recruiting service.

All in all, I couldn't be happier and I actually think Wade might be better for our program going forward than Smart. I think Smart is a great coach but there is something about Wade and his understanding/usage of advanced statistics that I think will help us in the long run. And like myself, the fans have really taken to Wade, think he was the perfect hire and are 100% behind this team with the same high expectations we've had the last few years.

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

Surprising news, DeAndre Ayton will announce his college decision tonight.

Seems like Kansas may wind up as the favorite.  @RedEyedGhost can get excited about a football win and a big recruit all in the same week!

Arizona.

The surprise in the announcement being today made me quite positive that we weren't getting him.  I don't know how any top big man would chose Arizona after watching Kaleb Tknarcouweiski not develop at all for four years.

1 minute ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Arizona.

The surprise in the announcement being today made me quite positive that we weren't getting him.  I don't know how any top big man would chose Arizona after watching Kaleb Tknarcouweiski not develop at all for four years.

Saw that earlier.  Definitely agree that the pressure is on Miller to actually coach now. :dunno: 

Ayton plays in the Phoenix area doesn't he?

Archived