You. In the books.

Winter Blues

I think the safest option is to be a maester, I mean compared to everyone else in the series they have the lowest chances to be killed because they are really valuable. Their like the only doctors westoros really has and there's barely enough of them for the major lords. I mean how many of them have actually been killed before. Five, maybe six? Compared to any of the other groups who die by the thousands usually getting stabbed to death, also I think it would be interesting to learn about all of these different cool subjects like magic, who doesn't want to learn about magic?

I'd think I would be similar to the Mad Mouse due to my small stature and my ability to pick up fighting pretty quick. I was always in trouble as a kid fighting and when I joined the Marines I entered a 30 person Jiu Jitzu tournament without any training in the martial arts except basic Mcmap training and won it. 

Hmm, so by temprement I'd be a maester, however, as an eldest son I'd not be allowed to pursue that kind of path.

So, based on my own background in which I'm basically assuming a degree is like a knighthood:

A Northman, likely the son of a minor Lord, Landed knight, or whatever the Old God's worshipping equivalent of a Landed Knight would be. Bookish, more tactician than fighter, Robb loyalist. Probably dead. Might have joined the BwB after the Red Wedding assuming they didn't kill me on sight.

I don't think I would mind becoming a maester, especially if I didn't have any big prospects for my life.  In all likelihood I would've been born as common as it gets, and I'd rather spend my time studying the world in a castle/holdfast instead of farming or risking my neck on the battlefield.

If I could claim a little nobility though, totally different story.  I'd either be some Stony Dornishman knight or a warrior from the northern mountain clans, obsessed with honor and glory and all that.

If I was written in as I am I'd be one of the smallfolk.

I like the Reeds so I'd like to be written in as  Jojen's and Meera's big sister who has a green dream, goes North, says 'enough is enough' and brings them home to Greywater Watch, with Hodor.  After finding and saving Benjen Stark.

Realistically: I would be a peasant/fisher struggling to make a liveing with my newly born child and wife as lords play their games around me, probably living north, vale or iron isles.

Idealy: Tywins second son before tyrion. i would have many wifes like our beloved walder, probably be a coinclicker not a fighter. Would be hated for my lack of honor. Spread my bastards all around, becouse im a good guy giving dem woman kidzz.

11 hours ago, Winter Blues said:

My book club did and exercise where we were to write ourselves as a character into our favorite books. How would GRRM write you? 

11 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

That's actually a cool premise.   I would hope he would write me slinging margaritas on the Summer Islands far away from the intrigues of Westeros.   I have to ask--how were you written?

I have to second my curly friend here. How were you written?

I picture myself as a steward in the Night's Watch. Not in any way relevant to the plot of the books. Just a regular member of House Smallfolk (probably a northman)  that took the black as a way to live on a difficult society like the westerosi. 

34 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

you hope to be a criminal sent to the wall? Or do you volunteer to freze your ass off?

I wouldn't mind freezing my ass off if I could see the Lands of Always winter.:D

Archived