(spoilers) Who dies in Season 6?

So there are lots of guesses and rumors out there.  I have heard rumor or guesses of Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Pod, the Waif, Littlefinger. I am sure there are more thoughts out there.  What do you think and why?

I hope Tyrion lives, people can have greyscale a long time.

Does Arya kill the Waif to escape the House of Black and White?

Does Littlefinger need to die to allow Sansa her true development?

Does Podrick die in the fight to save Sansa (and Theon??)?

When do Cersei and Jamie finally get it?

Tyrion doesn't have greyscale...

As to who I think will die this year: 

Loras, Jorah, Rickon, Osha, GW, a direwolf or two. Also good chances for Meera, Brienne, maybe Jaime and Mel. There's more, but I can't remember now. 

Jorah Mormont has greyscale not Tyrion. I think he might die or sacrifice himself protecting Daenerys since he's dead already.

Theon Greyjoy will die before the end.

Littlefinger dies in the last season.

Cersei might die this season because of the Faith army.

They might introduce new characters and kill them off before the season ends. Like Randyl Tarly or another Tarly.

Bloodraven, Alliser Thorne, Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwyck, Olly, Osha, Rickon, Roose, Ramsay, Walda, Balon, Kevan, Pycelle, Lancel, Loras, the Waif, Jorah and Ellaria. Plus multiple Freys, other NW men, Dothraki and participants in the 609 battle.  Also possibly Tormund and Daario. I can see this being a pretty brutal season as far as character deaths go. 

2 hours ago, Lord Lyman said:

You guys are going to be disappointed when Rickon rules House Stark after all is said and done.

Nope that will be Bran (in the books at least) ;)

That being said, based on the spoilers, I think the show is setting Sansa up as QitN. Killing off Rickon seems like a very GoT thing to do. It adds another controversial death and tragic scene to the series, particularly if Jon and Sansa are witness to his death. It also takes the 'spare Stark' out of the running for the North, so a more 'satisfying Stark' can get Winterfell e.g. Sansa for her 'empowerment' this season. I'm personally hoping they make Sansa regent to Rickon this season, rather than throwing him under a bus to prop her and Jon up, but thus far spoilers and filming speculation have made me weary. 

It also looks like Bran will be leaving his cave, so who knows. That means Bran would come before Sansa, so Rickon is not a problem.  

I think the deaths are likely to be: Lyanna and Arthur Dayne :P, Loras (and perhaps another Tyrell), the NW mutineers, Melisandre, Ghost (who needs the wolf when he is destined for a dragon, I bet), Ramsay, Roose and Fat Walda (killed by Ramsay), Daario (Team Dany needs to be cut down, Jorah's time will come but I think he will outlast Daario), Balon, Pycelle, Kevin, Lancel, the waif, Walder Frey, Ellaria and possibly Theon (I am unsure about this one, but Alfie Allen has been handing out some 'give no f*cks about how much trouble I get in' spoilers that could point towards him no longer being part of the show) and Osha. 

I'm surprised people are saying Cersei. She will probably burn down King's Landing and with another three seasons left, it is unlikely to be until the end of next season. If you believe Jaime will be present for that, then he won't die until next season, either. But that does leave Brienne and Podrick on dangerous ground this season. 

10 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

The L7R site has implied a big surprising death this season, most of the lists are killing secondary characters so I think it will be someone who takes many of us by surprise.

The only big surprising death I can think of is Tyrion. 

1 hour ago, JonSnowed said:

I would hate for Tyrion to die but he has less plot armour than Jon or Dany and where exactly does his story go from here?

He's got tons of plot armor, no one has as much plot armor as Dany, but I can't see Tyrion dying, certainly not in the show and not in the books either.  He'll be alive at the end.  Jon Snow, probably not.

3 hours ago, Rhollo said:

Season 4 -> Joffrey

Season 5 -> Myrcella

Season 6 -> Tommen

A YouTube channel I watch pointed out each season had a King died.  Robert, Renly, Robb, Joffrey, and Stannis.  Balon will die this season, so Tommen is safe if they want to stay with 1 King a season.

5 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

A YouTube channel I watch pointed out each season had a King died.  Robert, Renly, Robb, Joffrey, and Stannis.  Balon will die this season, so Tommen is safe if they want to stay with 1 King a season.

Mance also died in season 5, so that makes 2 Kings. 

Why are people so sure Rickon dies? Am I missing something? I know long ago there were shots showing a small flayed body (kind of childlike) on a Bolton cross but I assumed that this body and the one in the trailer are the same and the trailer one is certainly not that of a child. 

Archived