What is the biggest problem in the world? CORRUPTION

6 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Most US corporations use Delaware as a place that has remarkable good tax structures for them to form shell companies, why go offshore. For private individuals ...well, I dont really know. Maybe the Cayman islands are a better option.

Actually, has very little to do with tax.  Mostly very good, well-developed corporate law, and the ease, speed (and confidentiality) with which you can form an entity.

As a US parented corporate, you may very well need a foreign subsidiary, but unless doing business in Panama, you would more likely see holding jurisdictions with good treaty networks and participation exemptions (e.g., Lux, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland).

Yeah, the notion that the NAFTA trade deal or CAFTA trade deal made this possible is such bullshit. Americans go to Delaware for most of their corporate needs, period. And unlike most of the holding companies offshore, the ones in the US don't ask nearly as many questions or ask for verification of identity. 

I'm fine with fighting the Panama havens, but probably it's a lot better to clean up and prosecute the ones in the US first. 

9 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yeah, the notion that the NAFTA trade deal or CAFTA trade deal made this possible is such bullshit. Americans go to Delaware for most of their corporate needs, period. And unlike most of the holding companies offshore, the ones in the US don't ask nearly as many questions or ask for verification of identity. 

I'm fine with fighting the Panama havens, but probably it's a lot better to clean up and prosecute the ones in the US first. 

eventually you kill the golden goose

this day and age, companies and people can move

Just now, Commodore said:

eventually you kill the golden goose

this day and age, companies and people can move

WOW

SUCH PROFOUND

MUCH DISCUSSION

WOW

I don't see how prosecuting companies that are breaking the law by not properly getting documentation of existence of their users is killing said goose. I'm not saying incorporating in Delaware is bad. I'm saying that doing so without proper, legal disclosure is bad. 

irrespective of why anyone should care if some lumpenzied antisocial nihilist firms leave the US, it's not like there's any relationship, outside of libertarian dreams, between the firms aforesaid staying in the US and actual policy, as amply demonstrated by the 2010 tax return of GE, $15B profits, no taxes--which firm then promptly offshored employment anyway.

56 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Actually, has very little to do with tax.  Mostly very good, well-developed corporate law, and the ease, speed (and confidentiality) with which you can form an entity.

I thought there were incentives for having some assets be owned by the shell/subsidiary company in Delaware, like say patents.

On April 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM, sologdin said:

irrespective of why anyone should care if some lumpenzied antisocial nihilist firms leave the US, it's not like there's any relationship, outside of libertarian dreams, between the firms aforesaid staying in the US and actual policy, as amply demonstrated by the 2010 tax return of GE, $15B profits, no taxes--which firm then promptly offshored employment anyway.

I'll bet you got your 'facts'from some kind of media. 

Archived