Westeros applied to your country?

Sigella

9 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Cant decide between Marchlands and Dorne...

Well we do have hot summers and for me the high noons of July is almost unbearable so I would agree and say something like Red Mountainous Dornishmen. I always wanted to be a Dayne :D 

On 25/05/2016 at 9:06 PM, Daecon Dayne said:

Westeros is essentially the UK with a smattering of various other European cultures. 

No, Westeros = Western Europe. Scotland, the north of England, southern England, The Reach being France and Dorne Spain.

But that's not the question.

Everyone has interpreted it geographically, but how about politically? Here our prime minister is Tywin - utterly ruthless with opponents but bringing a certain sense of peace and stability to his land.

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

No, Westeros = Western Europe. Scotland, the north of England, southern England, The Reach being France and Dorne Spain.

But that's not the question.

Everyone has interpreted it geographically, but how about politically? Here our prime minister is Tywin - utterly ruthless with opponents but bringing a certain sense of peace and stability to his land.

Fun thought!

Politically Sweden is probably like Volantis, we have the elephants (right-leaning-alliance of partys) vs the tigers (the left-leaning-alliance of partys) and both of them hate the red gods followers (sweden democrats - who wants to reduce mass immigration, just like the valyrians behind their wall).

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

Fun thought!

Politically Sweden is probably like Volantis, we have the elephants (right-leaning-alliance of partys) vs the tigers (the left-leaning-alliance of partys) and both of them hate the red gods followers (sweden democrats - who wants to reduce mass immigration, just like the valyrians behind their wall).

There you go - nice one!

On 4/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, ForTheNorth said:

North: Minnesota, North Dakota, Northern Michigan. 

Westerlands: California, Washington, Oregon 

Kingslanding: New York

Crownlands: Washington DC, Philly, Virginia 

Stormlands: Gulf Coast

Riverlands: Mississippi, Northern Louisiana, Missouri 

Dorne: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico 

Reach: Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Southern Michigan, West Virginia 

Iron Islands: New England 

Lands beyond the wall : Canada lol

Best I got 

haha. spot on.

On 28. toukokuuta 2016 at 0:40 AM, Sigella said:

Nah, Finland is Bravos from where I sit. Annoyingly, that makes Gotland Skagos.... :huh:

Hard to imagine what Bravos and Finland have in common, except that neither have never had a king and is formed by former subjects of another kingdoms or cities.. and a big Dothraki Sea next to us (Siperia)... But still Finnish medieval history is more Skagos.

1 hour ago, Peter Haroski said:

Hard to imagine what Bravos and Finland have in common, except that neither have never had a king and is formed by former subjects of another kingdoms or cities.. and a big Dothraki Sea next to us (Siperia)... But still Finnish medieval history is more Skagos.

For one its the land of a thousand lakes which easily fits with Braavos. And then the food, don't you eat eels and such?

On 29 maj 2016 at 2:39 PM, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Well we do have hot summers and for me the high noons of July is almost unbearable so I would agree and say something like Red Mountainous Dornishmen. I always wanted to be a Dayne :D 

I totally would as well ;)

Though as before mentioned I just might be living on the swedish version of Dragonstone or Volantis, either way: I'm SO valyrian!

Since the game was started by a Swede, I as a Finn am now thinking of the Gulf of Bothnia as the Narrow Sea. That would make Åland and all the islands thereabout Stepstones and the Dothraki Sea would be behind the Ural mountains.

But let's face it, in Finland, winter is always coming.

Politically, the US is very much like the Kingsmoot. 

Clinton/Victarion: Vote for me and things will stay pretty much the same as they are now. 

Bernie/Asha: Vote for me and we will have peace and every third son will have the resources to make a living. 

Trump/Euron: The Iron Islands don't win anymore. We don't beat Braavos anymore, we don't beat Volantis. I will make the Ironborn great again. I know the best people: red priests, warlocks, you name it. You will have so many dragons, it'll make your head spin. And just look at my future wife, just look at her. I mean, compared with Selyse Baratheon, just look at that. 

Gary Johnson/Gylbert Farwynd: Because nobody knows who the fuck he is. 

On 1 juni 2016 at 7:54 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Politically, the US is very much like the Kingsmoot. 

Clinton/Victarion: Vote for me and things will stay pretty much the same as they are now. 

Bernie/Asha: Vote for me and we will have peace and every third son will have the resources to make a living. 

Trump/Euron: The Iron Islands don't win anymore. We don't beat Braavos anymore, we don't beat Volantis. I will make the Ironborn great again. I know the best people: red priests, warlocks, you name it. You will have so many dragons, it'll make your head spin. And just look at my future wife, just look at her. I mean, compared with Selyse Baratheon, just look at that. 

Gary Johnson/Gylbert Farwynd: Because nobody knows who the fuck he is. 

That Trump/Euron analogy was uncomfortably close to reality :(

On 1/6/2016 at 7:09 PM, Sigella said:

I totally would as well ;)

Though as before mentioned I just might be living on the swedish version of Dragonstone or Volantis, either way: I'm SO valyrian!

If you like it then ok! I wouldn't like to be a Valyrian. 

55 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

If you like it then ok! I wouldn't like to be a Valyrian. 

The Daynes have purple eyes and silver hair dude... ^_^

54 minutes ago, Sigella said:

The Daynes have purple eyes and silver hair dude... ^_^

Ran    Ashara Dayne is described as having violet eyes. Is this from a marriage to the Martells after Daeron II's sister married into that line, thus giving them some Targaryen features? From other Valyrian descendants? And, um, mind telling us the Dayne banner (emblem and field)? The Sword of the Morning and his sister has caught my imagination.
George_RR_Martin    I would have to consult my notes to tell you the Dayne arms. Offhand I don't recall. As for the violet eyes . . . look, Elizabeth Taylor has violet eyes, and she's not of Valyrian descent (that I know). Nor is she related to Aegon the Conquerer. Many Swedes have blue eyes, but not all those with blue eyes are Swedes, and not all Swedes have blue eyes. The same confusions exist in the 7 Kingdoms.
Ran    So many banners, I was shooting in the dark. And I was actually arguing that she was a Liz Taylor type. Thanks.
George_RR_Martin    If you want to figure out a family's descent, the names are a better clue than the eyes. Houses descended from the First Men tend to have simple short names, often descriptive. Stark. Reed. Flint. Tallhart (tall hart). Etc. The Valyrian names are fairly distinct are well: The "ae" usage usually suggests a Valyrian in the family tree. The Andal names are . . . well, neith Stark nor Targaryen, if that makes sense. Lannister. Arryn. Tyrell. Etc. Of course, you also need to remember that there have been hundreds and in some cases thousands of years of interbreeding, so hardly anyone is pure Andal or First Man.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001005212114/eventhorizon.com/sfzine/chats/transcripts/031899.html

:D

I am from the Balkans, so I guess I belong somewhere between Pentos and Myr and Lys...maybe Tyrosh as well. East, but not far east, westernmost east. Anyway, if Westeros is UK and Western Europe, what is The Vale then? Switzerland? Must be, because no other country in Europe is that mountainous.

44 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

:D

Appearance

The Daynes, who originate in the western Red Mountains,[3] would be considered "stony" Dornishmen by Daeron II Targaryen. They have fair skin, unlike fellow countrymen more influenced by the Rhoynar.[4]Their hair has been described as pale blond (Edric), dark (Ashara), and silver with a streak of black (Gerold). Daynes have been observed with dark blue (Edric) or purple eyes (Ashara and Gerold).

/.../

Purple eyes

The blood of old Valyria is often manifested by eyes in shades of purple, and hair of silver-gold or platinum white. This coloring was typical among Valyrians, and is often held up as proof that Valyrians are not entirely of the same blood as other men.

from the wiki

Just now, Sigella said:

Appearance

The Daynes, who originate in the western Red Mountains,[3] would be considered "stony" Dornishmen by Daeron II Targaryen. They have fair skin, unlike fellow countrymen more influenced by the Rhoynar.[4]Their hair has been described as pale blond (Edric), dark (Ashara), and silver with a streak of black (Gerold). Daynes have been observed with dark blue (Edric) or purple eyes (Ashara and Gerold).

/.../

Purple eyes

The blood of old Valyria is often manifested by eyes in shades of purple, and hair of silver-gold or platinum white. This coloring was typical among Valyrians, and is often held up as proof that Valyrians are not entirely of the same blood as other men.

from the wiki

I know what the wiki said. However GRRM has told that the Daynes are not Valyrian even if they had the same eye color. It might sound crazy but I trust the author more than the wikia.

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

That Trump/Euron analogy was uncomfortably close to reality :(

I know, right? It's just disturbing to think that such a large percentage of Americans have the same mindset and IQ as the average Ironborn. Creepy stuff. 

Geographically, however, Florida (yes, I live in Florida, but don't blame me) is pretty much the Neck: we've got swamps, lizards and weird bog people who throw stuff at you if you get too close. 

11 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I know, right? It's just disturbing to think that such a large percentage of Americans have the same mindset and IQ as the average Ironborn. Creepy stuff. 

Geographically, however, Florida (yes, I live in Florida, but don't blame me) is pretty much the Neck: we've got swamps, lizards and weird bog people who throw stuff at you if you get too close. 

Well he does have a few things in common with the red gods followers over here ;) 

Archived