Jon Snow coming back as early as ep 1

dRagonese

On 4.04.2016 at 2:17 AM, dRagonese said:

here are some quotes from the actor and acrtress that play Davos and Mel......

Cunningham: The first episode, the kick-off with her [points to Carice Van Houten], is astonishing.

Houten: Yes…! But it’s not what you think it is, it’s something else. I knew it was coming at some point, people had talked about it before to me, but I wasn’t sure when it was going to happen… oh, this is really vague… but it should be. And it’s in Episode 1 already.

Melisandre keeping her clothes on for an entire episode, maybe? It fits.

My guess - 

Episode 1 - Fight with traitors of nightwatch to save Jon's body from being beheaded or something. Plus Melissandre's crisis of faith. And no I don't think she will try to resurrect Jon? Why would she? She just think he has something different about him but she didn't suspect him to be fusion of two magical bloodline. 

Episode 2 - TOJ flashback. Preparation of Jon's funeral that too beyond wall near the wierwood trees where they take oath. Here only Tormund's quote - I thought he was the one to lead us through long night will happen. Episode will end with arrival of white walkers there right the moment Jon's pyre is lit with utterance of dialogue - now his watch has ended. Now what would make this episode fun is if Bloodraven somehow share this vision with melissandre. 

Episode 3 - Fight with whitewalkers. And Melissandre and Nightking both trying to resurrect Jon. And both ending up fusing their magic in weird combination - combo magic of ice and fire - which results in Jon's resurrection. Thus maintaining balance of ice and fire in his life after all he is the song of ice and fire.  OR maybe its Bran/Bloodraven and Melissandre combo magic result in Jon's resurrection. Either way I dont think Melissandre alone will resurrect him. Plus his resurrection should happen spontaneously. Not like something planned. 

22 minutes ago, Whomping.Willow said:

My guess - 

Episode 1 - Fight with traitors of nightwatch to save Jon's body from being beheaded or something. Plus Melissandre's crisis of faith. And no I don't think she will try to resurrect Jon? Why would she? She just think he has something different about him but she didn't suspect him to be fusion of two magical bloodline. 

Episode 2 - TOJ flashback. Preparation of Jon's funeral that too beyond wall near the wierwood trees where they take oath. Here only Tormund's quote - I thought he was the one to lead us through long night will happen. Episode will end with arrival of white walkers there right the moment Jon's pyre is lit with utterance of dialogue - now his watch has ended. Now what would make this episode fun is if Bloodraven somehow share this vision with melissandre. 

Episode 3 - Fight with whitewalkers. And Melissandre and Nightking both trying to resurrect Jon. And both ending up fusing their magic in weird combination - combo magic of ice and fire - which results in Jon's resurrection. Thus maintaining balance of ice and fire in his life after all he is the song of ice and fire.  OR maybe its Bran/Bloodraven and Melissandre combo magic result in Jon's resurrection. Either way I dont think Melissandre alone will resurrect him. Plus his resurrection should happen spontaneously. Not like something planned. 

I would not be surprized if mel trys to bring him back and it does not work the first time. 

3 minutes ago, Whomping.Willow said:

Why would she? I do not think she will try to resurrect him in beginning without any reason. 

no i think like episode three she tries to do it like thoros like everyone is expecting it to work and ...nothing. I think they might call on the fact in the book she seem to sense skinchangers too. 

2 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

TOJ is in episode 5 as I understood it.  Mel realises there is a power in Jon, she said it last season and there is a ton of foreshadowing.

Agreed.  She may already have her reasons.  

I think it happens in episode 2,  though,  perhaps 3 at the latest if the timeline at the Wall moves at a snail's pace. The situation at the Wall...not to mention that they can't leave him dead in a warm room long before decay sets in... seems to dictate that it has to happen relatively quickly   

On 4/7/2016 at 8:59 PM, Ibbison from Ibben said:

I think it's pretty obvious that Mel will attempt to resurrect Jon "Thoros-style" in ep 601 and fail. The show was very careful to drop the "Only death can pay for life" line in ep 510 - Jaqen said it. This will provide the ep 1 shock, and allow D&D to stretch out the suspense.

After defending Jon's body successfully, Edd and Davos can chuck it into an ice cell. That would leave lots of time for some Jon dream interaction with Bran and BR.

Ep 605 for Jon's resurrection sounds right. A sacrifice will be involved, perhaps Mel herself. It should take place at Winterfell, in front of the heart tree. (Ramsay, after killing Roose, marches against the wildings. Other northern forces take Winterfell through the secret tunnels that were pointedly mentioned in eps 210 and 504.)

If Jon learns about R+L=J while dead, he can come back as Jon Targ; that will be the explanation for all of Kit's "I'm not coming back" comments.

I like this ! I hope this is how its played out.

14 minutes ago, Ser Maverick said:

Yeah I predict the last shot of episode 1 is his eyes opening or something, kind of like Bran waking up from his coma.

Wouldn't really make sense for an extended period of time to go by without the Night's Watch burning his body.

Yeah don't even think we get to them trying to bring him back till episode 3 

Episode 2 is "Home", I guess Sansa makes it to the Wall & meets Jon (dead or alive). Episode 3 "Oathbreaker": Jon leaves the NW and Brienne gives the Starks her sword. I can't see the resurrection taking place later unless they put him in an ice cell (which makes little sense in the show). 

On 4/4/2016 at 8:17 PM, dRagonese said:

here are some quotes from the actor and acrtress that play Davos and Mel......

Cunningham: The first episode, the kick-off with her [points to Carice Van Houten], is astonishing.

Houten: Yes…! But it’s not what you think it is, it’s something else. I knew it was coming at some point, people had talked about it before to me, but I wasn’t sure when it was going to happen… oh, this is really vague… but it should be. And it’s in Episode 1 already.

I think this shows her bringing back big PaPa J Dawg

"What you think it is" is her resurrecting Jon.  My money's on her being offed instead. I'd certainly be flummoxed; what happens to Jon then? Does that other red priestess somehow factor in?

May as well get my own theory in here before the premier.  I think that the unexpected/expected occurrence is the appearance of LSH.  I think that is who Littlefinger sees in the trailer when he assumes that 'oh sh*t' look on his face and I think that is who will resurrect Jon, sacrificing herself much as Beric did for her, after being exposed to R+L=J in the TOJ flashback either through some wierwoodweb communication from Bran or crossing paths with Howland.

Just to add my own thoughts- I assumed that Jon will come back to life at the absolute end of Episode 1, just like he dies at the absolute end of Ep/S5.

THEN he will commence WRECKING STUFF.

And Davos is going to be all like, " I hate The Red Woman but maybe I don't hate her so much! "

2 hours ago, dRagonese said:

Does anyone anywhere believe that Jon will stay dead?

I doubt it. Hell, the actors liked to refer to the big Wildling/Bolton battle as the

Spoiler

"Battle of the Bastards" because it's between Jon and Ramsey.

On 4/19/2016 at 11:48 PM, Ser Maverick said:

Yeah I predict the last shot of episode 1 is his eyes opening or something, kind of like Bran waking up from his coma.

Wouldn't really make sense for an extended period of time to go by without the Night's Watch burning his body.

Spoiler

This is pretty much what the guy who claimed to have seen the premier said happened, before his posts got removed from the internet. And logically, even Thorne isn't dumb enough to leave a dead body just lying around for numerous episodes after what happened the last time they did that.

Archived