Jon Snow coming back as early as ep 1

dRagonese

here are some quotes from the actor and acrtress that play Davos and Mel......

Cunningham: The first episode, the kick-off with her [points to Carice Van Houten], is astonishing.

Houten: Yes…! But it’s not what you think it is, it’s something else. I knew it was coming at some point, people had talked about it before to me, but I wasn’t sure when it was going to happen… oh, this is really vague… but it should be. And it’s in Episode 1 already.

I think this shows her bringing back big PaPa J Dawg

Nope, this is something else. They've been pushing the party line that he's dead so hard the last few months, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to give themselves an episode or two to say "Ha, we told you didn't we?"

The new trailer of season 5 dvd , heavily hints that...

But I doubt it. I think that they will show "I was wrong all along.." Then she finally sees Jon walking through winterfell, bolton banners burning.

So, uh. Not episode 1. Maximum that can happen in episode 1 is a doubtful Mel cliffhanger.

Given that the season premiere is a fortnight before HBO screen it, I doubt there will be a resurrection scene in 601 - not when it will be reviewed a fortnight before TV viewers see the episode.  It would make little sense for them to do this after around 10 months of maintaining that Jon Snow is dead and he is never coming back. 

I would guess, given Nikolaj's comment that season 6 starts off where season 5 ends, that the first scene will open the same way as the trailer did - with dawn breaking over Castle Black and Jon lying dead in the snow. From what we have seen in the trailer, I think the story line in 601 at Castle Black will revolve around Melisandre's loss of faith and Davos, Edd and those who remained loyal to Jon trying to protect his body.  It also looks like a fight will break out between them and the mutineers.  I can see 601 ending with Davos building Jon's funeral pyre and setting it alight (with 602 or 603 revealing that they couldn't burn his body - as the TOJ sequence is coming mid-season, I think they need to make their RLJ foreshadowing a bit more obvious for TV-only fans that haven't picked up their previous clues). 

22 hours ago, dRagonese said:

here are some quotes from the actor and acrtress that play Davos and Mel......

Cunningham: The first episode, the kick-off with her [points to Carice Van Houten], is astonishing.

Houten: Yes…! But it’s not what you think it is, it’s something else. I knew it was coming at some point, people had talked about it before to me, but I wasn’t sure when it was going to happen… oh, this is really vague… but it should be. And it’s in Episode 1 already.

I think this shows her bringing back big PaPa J Dawg

This is interesting. What we are expecting Mel to do is bring Jon back to life. But she says it is "not what you think it is." Then what else would we think it is, if not Mel resurrecting Jon? I cannot think of any other 'astonishing' thing that we would expect. I don't think she is talking about bringing Jon back to life. 

What is more intriguing is that she 'knew it was coming' as people had talked about it before, but is surprised that it was in 'episode 1 already.' 

I would say it is the R+L=J reveal, but filming speculation points towards the ToJ scene being mid season. 

10 hours ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

This is interesting. What we are expecting Mel to do is bring Jon back to life. But she says it is "not what you think it is." Then what else would we think it is, if not Mel resurrecting Jon? I cannot think of any other 'astonishing' thing that we would expect. I don't think she is talking about bringing Jon back to life. 

What is more intriguing is that she 'knew it was coming' as people had talked about it before, but is surprised that it was in 'episode 1 already.' 

I would say it is the R+L=J reveal, but filming speculation points towards the ToJ scene being mid season. 

Yes it seems like she is talking about something else than what people expect-Jon's resurrection- but what that is, I cannot guess.

10 hours ago, shk12344 said:

Believe it or not, the rumor is  Jon Snow won't be resurrected until Episode 5!!  If that turns out to be true, then I think there would be strong possiblity Jon will be interacting will Bran and Bloodraven while Jon is "dead"

That seems like a very long time to keep a rotting corpse around...especially in an area where dead people are known to become white walkers if not burned promptly.  And no one believes that Jon is anything special, so I don't know why they would even be tempted to do so.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:31 PM, sj4iy said:

That seems like a very long time to keep a rotting corpse around...especially in an area where dead people are known to become white walkers if not burned promptly.  And no one believes that Jon is anything special, so I don't know why they would even be tempted to do so.

Firstly, they only become wrights (ie animated dead bodies), not white walkers. And it only happens to them if they are touched by the White Walkers, and given that there are none south of the wall, there's no real danger that Jon will rise as a wright. That aside, I suppose you could preserve Jon's body with ice if you really felt you needed to, but I doubt they'll go that way. I agree though, five episodes seems like a long time to leave his corpse idle.

I think it's pretty obvious that Mel will attempt to resurrect Jon "Thoros-style" in ep 601 and fail. The show was very careful to drop the "Only death can pay for life" line in ep 510 - Jaqen said it. This will provide the ep 1 shock, and allow D&D to stretch out the suspense.

After defending Jon's body successfully, Edd and Davos can chuck it into an ice cell. That would leave lots of time for some Jon dream interaction with Bran and BR.

Ep 605 for Jon's resurrection sounds right. A sacrifice will be involved, perhaps Mel herself. It should take place at Winterfell, in front of the heart tree. (Ramsay, after killing Roose, marches against the wildings. Other northern forces take Winterfell through the secret tunnels that were pointedly mentioned in eps 210 and 504.)

If Jon learns about R+L=J while dead, he can come back as Jon Targ; that will be the explanation for all of Kit's "I'm not coming back" comments.

9 hours ago, Mr Smith said:

Firstly, they only become wrights (ie animated dead bodies), not white walkers. And it only happens to them if they are touched by the White Walkers, and given that there are none south of the wall, there's no real danger that Jon will rise as a wright. That aside, I suppose you could preserve Jon's body with ice if you really felt you needed to, but I doubt they'll go that way. I agree though, five episodes seems like a long time to leave his corpse idle.

1) touched seems to be if they are within a mile or etc of an other. 

2) i doubt anyone of The "let's stab jon" crew believe all this white walker stuff 

20 hours ago, Mr Smith said:

1. I meant to write 'wight'.  My bad.

2. The show has already shown us that the white walkers don't need to touch anyone to bring them back.  And there's no point in keeping a rotting corpse around no matter what, and certainly not during a time where the dead come back to life.  There's no reason to preserve his body.

I say he stays dead one, two episodes at the latest.  Of course, the title of the first episode, to me, seems to be a big clue, so I'm going to say he'll stay dead only in the first episode.

5 minutes ago, lordstewie said:

maybe  he live again in the end of the season with the sacrifice of mel resurrects the flames proving to be a targ or really died and lives inside his wolf and his body is used by Bran

Hint:

Targs immunity of fire = fanfic

Jon in wolf = fanfic, at least in the show

Body used by Bran = really really complicated and weird, not a good story, just bizarre 

Archived