Season 6 Episode Titles

Mr Smith

21 minutes ago, dornishdame said:

I really like 'Family, Duty, Honor' for one of the Riverlands-heavy episodes in the second half of the season. They are the words of House Tully, and so would fit in with the Blackfish being besieged in Riverrun, but also I think with Jaime's struggle to match up the interests of Cersei and his family with his desire to regain his honor.  Family words have been used before: 'Winter is Coming' and 'Fire and Blood' were titles in season 1, and 'Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken' was used last year in season 5. 

On the subject of family words, I think 'We do not sow' could work for a Greyjoy-heavy episode, like one on the Kingsmoot. 

I like this. When we see Cersei's trial, I would love the ep to be called 'Hear Me Roar', it makes sense when so much of her internal dialogue during her imprisonment and penance walk is 'I am a lioness', 'I am a lion of the rock'. From the content we've seen so far she looks pretty determined for vengeance too...

10 hours ago, Frederic_ed said:

THIS. Its obvious that the title for episode 10 will be a Stoneheart trolling name, they have done that for two seasons with "The Children" and "Mother's Mercy".

I feel like people were reaching for both of those. in an episode that had to deal with a religion that talks about the "mother's mercy" all the time. 

1 hour ago, Dina of Oldstones said:

I like this. When we see Cersei's trial, I would love the ep to be called 'Hear Me Roar', it makes sense when so much of her internal dialogue during her imprisonment and penance walk is 'I am a lioness', 'I am a lion of the rock'. From the content we've seen so far she looks pretty determined for vengeance too...

I hadn't thought of that - but it would fit really well (especially if the trailer scene with Tyrion going to visit Viserion and Rhaegal was in the same episode). I prefer episode titles with multiple meanings/layers, and house words really offer an opportunity to do that.  The Bolton words, 'Our Blades are Sharp', might also work for the episode 9 battle. 

1 minute ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

You think they would have episode called by ice and fire?

I could see an episode near the end of the final season, with a huge WW/dragons battle, possibly being called 'A Song of Ice and Fire' or 'The Song of Ice and Fire'. If they have an episode this season with a title referencing both ice and fire in any sort of way, I would guess at it being either the Tower of Joy one, or an episode in which Jon finds out about his parentage (although Bran and the viewers will likely discover it this season, I am not entirely convinced yet that Jon will too - after all, Jon Snow must know nothing).

5 minutes ago, dornishdame said:

I could see an episode near the end of the final season, with a huge WW/dragons battle, possibly being called 'A Song of Ice and Fire' or 'The Song of Ice and Fire'. If they have an episode this season with a title referencing both ice and fire in any sort of way, I would guess at it being either the Tower of Joy one, or an episode in which Jon finds out about his parentage (although Bran and the viewers will likely discover it this season, I am not entirely convinced yet that Jon will too - after all, Jon Snow must know nothing).

Yeah it feel like a howland reed episode where he does the traditional reed vow. also i could just see an episode just called the song.  

Just now, 239JMFL34109 said:

Yeah it feel like a howland reed episode where he does the traditional reed vow. 

That would be an interesting way of fitting it in - if Howland was to move north to meet up with Jon, and then recite the vow, before telling Jon of his parentage, for example. I like that idea. 

15 hours ago, Mistress of Lemon Cakes said:

No sign of Michelle on set at all, right?

If they managed to sneak her on set at some point and that never leaked anywhere, I will be genuinely and truly shocked.

She was seen with the actor that plays the Blackfish in a cafe in Belfast a few months ago (before we had confirmation that the blackfish would return this season), that was all tho.

Lol HBO really love to troll book fans with these unexpected titles and book reference.

8 hours ago, dornishdame said:

On the subject of family words, I think 'We do not sow' could work for a Greyjoy-heavy episode, like one on the Kingsmoot. 

I agreed. I don't see the appeal with the title, Kingsmoot, as their episode name due to being too simple and dull.

What are everyone's thoughts on the premiere episode title, The Red Woman?

Since most episode titles refer to more than one character or plot (e.g. Second Sons featured the literal Second Sons company and important events for two second sons, Tyrion and Stannis), we can be pretty sure that The Red Woman isn't just about Melisandre. I'm thinking we might get the Tower of Joy flashback right away, with Lyanna, covered in the blood of childbirth, being the second "red woman." It could also mean we meet the new priestess of R'hllor, but I didn't think she was going to have a big role in the show, so I don't see why she should feature so much in the premiere episode, and especially its title. Any other possibilities for what The Red Woman could refer to?

Archived