You're a UN Prosecutor, build a case against Victorian Greyjoy

TimJames

Here's the scenario:

The International Criminal Tribunal for Slaver's Bay (ICTSB) has been founded by the UN with the purpose of prosecuting various leaders in the region for war crimes and crimes against humanity. The goal is to give a voice to the victimized, to punish those responsible for atrocities, and to prevent this from happening again.

Victorian Greyjoy is among the defendants, and is currently under lock-and-key. However, if you present a poor case then he WILL escape justice.

Below are guidelines on what Victorian Greyjoy can potentially be charged with.

http://www.nurembergacademy.org/the-nuremberg-legacy/the-nuremberg-principles/

https://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/about%20the%20court/frequently%20asked%20questions/Pages/12.aspx

With these, build your case. Which specific crimes will you indict Victorian Greyjoy with, what evidence will you use to support your case (physical/forensic evidence? witness testimonies? records?).

I will act as the Tribunal: present your case and I will hand out the sentence after analyzing it.

3 hours ago, TimJames said:

Here's the scenario:

The International Criminal Tribunal for Slaver's Bay (ICTSB) has been founded by the UN with the purpose of prosecuting various leaders in the region for war crimes and crimes against humanity. The goal is to give a voice to the victimized, to punish those responsible for atrocities, and to prevent this from happening again.

Victorian Greyjoy is among the defendants, and is currently under lock-and-key. However, if you present a poor case then he WILL escape justice.

Below are guidelines on what Victorian Greyjoy can potentially be charged with.

http://www.nurembergacademy.org/the-nuremberg-legacy/the-nuremberg-principles/

https://www.icc-cpi.int/en_menus/icc/about%20the%20court/frequently%20asked%20questions/Pages/12.aspx

With these, build your case. Which specific crimes will you indict Victorian Greyjoy with, what evidence will you use to support your case (physical/forensic evidence? witness testimonies? records?).

I will act as the Tribunal: present your case and I will hand out the sentence after analyzing it.

My Client Victorian Greyjoy is innocent. His actions are against Slavers, who have committed crimes against humanity. 

2 hours ago, Ser Frasier of House Crane said:

All I have to do is ask Victarion if he slaughtered and reaved. He won't lie about it. Case closed.

Since Victorian Greyjoy has confessed to all charges, he is found guilty.

"Victorian Greyjoy, you are found guilty of mass-murder and crimes against humanity. You are sentenced to death by hanging." 

2 hours ago, Abdallah said:

My Client Victorian Greyjoy is innocent. His actions are against Slavers, who have committed crimes against humanity. 

You're the prosecutor, not the defense attorney. And even if you were the defense, 'they had it coming' is not a legally accepted justification for anything. 

"I declare this a mistrial. A fresh trial will convene in one months time, with a new prosecutor. Abdallah will be held in contempt."

22 hours ago, TimJames said:

You're the prosecutor, not the defense attorney. And even if you were the defense, 'they had it coming' is not a legally accepted justification for anything. 

"I declare this a mistrial. A fresh trial will convene in one months time, with a new prosecutor. Abdallah will be held in contempt."

Objection your honor. There are others here to be prosecutors, Victorian needs and is entitled to a defense. Second Your Honor nothing Victarion has done is illegal by the standards of War. And Your Honor, the only violence he did was to rescue slaves, who were being held hostage. 

11 hours ago, Abdallah said:

Objection your honor. There are others here to be prosecutors, Victorian needs and is entitled to a defense. Second Your Honor nothing Victarion has done is illegal by the standards of War. And Your Honor, the only violence he did was to rescue slaves, who were being held hostage. 

You want to be his defense? Ok; but just remember that International Law is being applied to this case. I hope for Victorian's case you passed the Bar Exam.

"We have received hundreds of eye-witness testimonies against Victorian Greyjoy, both in the form of sexual assault survivors coming forward and in the form of Victorian's on crewmen confessing to their crimes.

Victorian Greyjoy is alleged to have given his sailors permission to sexually assault a Maester who was being used on the ship as illegal slave labor, to have later had said Maester executed, to have personally strangled a noncombatant to death, and to have sanctioned the sexual assault of women captured during raids. 

Most alarming is the reports concerning his actions following the capture of a slave ship. Witnesses claim that he ordered all of the male captives be put to death by drowning, that he burned nine female captives to death, and that he gave the remainder of the female captives to his officers as sex-slaves.

All the surviving woman who testified to this told a similar story, and additionally one woman who chooses to remain anonymous has claimed to have been personally raped by Victorian Greyjoy and his brother Eurion Greyjoy. As her tongue is cut out, something she claims was the work of Eurion Greyjoy, she had to write her testimony upon paper.

How does your client respond to this evidence?"

18 hours ago, TimJames said:

You want to be his defense? Ok; but just remember that International Law is being applied to this case. I hope for Victorian's case you passed the Bar Exam.

"We have received hundreds of eye-witness testimonies against Victorian Greyjoy, both in the form of sexual assault survivors coming forward and in the form of Victorian's on crewmen confessing to their crimes.

Victorian Greyjoy is alleged to have given his sailors permission to sexually assault a Maester who was being used on the ship as illegal slave labor, to have later had said Maester executed, to have personally strangled a noncombatant to death, and to have sanctioned the sexual assault of women captured during raids. 

Most alarming is the reports concerning his actions following the capture of a slave ship. Witnesses claim that he ordered all of the male captives be put to death by drowning, that he burned nine female captives to death, and that he gave the remainder of the female captives to his officers as sex-slaves.

All the surviving woman who testified to this told a similar story, and additionally one woman who chooses to remain anonymous has claimed to have been personally raped by Victorian Greyjoy and his brother Eurion Greyjoy. As her tongue is cut out, something she claims was the work of Eurion Greyjoy, she had to write her testimony upon paper.

How does your client respond to this evidence?"

This is all he said she said testimony ur Honor. There is no proof of their claims. Victarian rescued those women and married them to his captains with their consent. It is known he is fighting against Slavery. He has joined the cause of Daenerys Targaryan in her fight to free hundreds of thousands of slaves. The Yunkai are paying people to spread lies, as they did in Volantis against Daenerys. There is no creditable proof, no bodies, no DNA evidence showing these claims. Thus u must acquit my Client Victarian Greyjoy. 

1 hour ago, Abdallah said:

This is all he said she said testimony ur Honor. There is no proof of their claims. Victarian rescued those women and married them to his captains with their consent. It is known he is fighting against Slavery. He has joined the cause of Daenerys Targaryan in her fight to free hundreds of thousands of slaves. The Yunkai are paying people to spread lies, as they did in Volantis against Daenerys. There is no creditable proof, no bodies, no DNA evidence showing these claims. Thus u must acquit my Client Victarian Greyjoy. 

"The overwhelming number of witnesses accusing Victorian Greyjoy gives credibility to the claims. 

Additionally, physical evidence HAS been unearthed. Some of the women we rescued became pregnant, and DNA tests proved that Victorian's Officers were the biological fathers. Likewise many of these women tested positive for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and most show signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Most chilling is the discovery of around a hundred skeletons at the bottom of Slavers Bay; these skeletons were chained together and bone analysis showed all of them were male boys. Additionally the burned remains of a ship was found at the bottom of Slavers Bay.

Daenerys Targaryen, Eurion Greyjoy, Tattered Prince, and The Slave Masters of Ghis are due to face their own trials in time for allegations of Crimes Against Humanity.

Do you have anything to suggest that these acts were not the doing of Victorian Greyjoy, or to otherwise rebut the evidence presented thusfar?"

52 minutes ago, TimJames said:

"The overwhelming number of witnesses accusing Victorian Greyjoy gives credibility to the claims. 

Additionally, physical evidence HAS been unearthed. Some of the women we rescued became pregnant, and DNA tests proved that Victorian's Officers were the biological fathers. Likewise many of these women tested positive for Sexually Transmitted Diseases and most show signs of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Most chilling is the discovery of around a hundred skeletons at the bottom of Slavers Bay; these skeletons were chained together and bone analysis showed all of them were male boys. Additionally the burned remains of a ship was found at the bottom of Slavers Bay.

Daenerys Targaryen, Eurion Greyjoy, Tattered Prince, and The Slave Masters of Ghis are due to face their own trials in time for allegations of Crimes Against Humanity.

Do you have anything to suggest that these acts were not the doing of Victorian Greyjoy, or to otherwise rebut the evidence presented thusfar?"

The overwhelming number of witnesses prove the Yunkai are bribing all of them. 

It is possible that the slavers executed the boys before Victorian came you honor. This is common slaver tactic.

Victorian's officers may have been had CONSENSUAL sex ur honor. The PTSD came from the abuses of the slavers, and in their unstable stage they had sex with the officers. 

1 hour ago, Westorosi Batgirl said:

I don't understand why the "judge" is acting as prosecutor, a judge should be impartial. 

Somebody had to, since Abdallah insisted on playing the defense lawyer. :dunno:

The prompt was to try and pretend YOU were a prosicution lawyer. To think about what evidence is available and how you can produce it and what the defense might argue.

Ser Frasier of House Crane is so far the ONLY person who followed the prompt for this "fun" activity.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The Hungry Wolf?  You resurrected him?

Hungry Wolf gets a separate tribunal. 

2 hours ago, Abdallah said:

The overwhelming number of witnesses prove the Yunkai are bribing all of them. 

It is possible that the slavers executed the boys before Victorian came you honor. This is common slaver tactic.

Victorian's officers may have been had CONSENSUAL sex ur honor. The PTSD came from the abuses of the slavers, and in their unstable state they had sex with the officers. 

(since someone claimed that it is unfair for a judge and a prosecutor to be the same person, I'm splitting up the roles."

Prosecutor: "Seems odd that the slavers would only execute The Male slaves and not the female ones. Now your Honor, which is more likely. That these women accepted IOU's from Yunkish Masters already on trial, or that Victorian Greyjoy permitted his soldiers to rape and murder on the basis that it kept with his 'old ways'? No further statement your honor."

Tribunal Judge: "The witnisses and the suspects may now be called to The Stand for Cross-Examination".

(Abdallah, you and the Proescutor may now call people to The Stand to question. I'll answer questions for Dusky Woman and the sex-slaves, You can answer questions for Victorian Greyjoy and his officers).

11 hours ago, TimJames said:

Hungry Wolf gets a separate tribunal. 

StarkofWinterfell called him as a witness. Just wondering how that's possible, since he's dead.

Also wondering why it's necessary, since Theon Stark aka the Hungry Wolf lived and died before Victarion's birth. 

Of course if it's a typo and SoW meant Theon Greyjoy or Reek, then of course it makes sense to call him as a witness.

17 hours ago, TimJames said:

(since someone claimed that it is unfair for a judge and a prosecutor to be the same person, I'm splitting up the roles."

Prosecutor: "Seems odd that the slavers would only execute The Male slaves and not the female ones. Now your Honor, which is more likely. That these women accepted IOU's from Yunkish Masters already on trial, or that Victorian Greyjoy permitted his soldiers to rape and murder on the basis that it kept with his 'old ways'? No further statement your honor."

Tribunal Judge: "The witnisses and the suspects may now be called to The Stand for Cross-Examination".

(Abdallah, you and the Proescutor may now call people to The Stand to question. I'll answer questions for Dusky Woman and the sex-slaves, You can answer questions for Victorian Greyjoy and his officers).

Your Honor on the issue about the Sex Slaves, Male sex slaves are far cheaper than Female ones. Both require food so to save rations the slavers executed the male ones because it isn't as expensive as female ones. 

Your Honor the Yunkish masters have family who pay these witnesses with stored gold. As for Victorian's old ways, he believes in marriages not sexual slavery. 

I would now like to call the Duskey Woman to the stand you honor. 

Archived