You're a UN Prosecutor, build a case against Victorian Greyjoy

TimJames

7 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

StarkofWinterfell called him as a witness. Just wondering how that's possible, since he's dead.

Also wondering why it's necessary, since Theon Stark aka the Hungry Wolf lived and died before Victarion's birth. 

Of course if it's a typo and SoW meant Theon Greyjoy or Reek, then of course it makes sense to call him as a witness.

Each person gets their individual court case; it's like a "choose your own adventure". 

As for StarkofWinterfell, he probably called Theon Stark in so as to troll me. We got in an argument awhile back over whether or not murdering people because of their ethnicity was an unethical move (Theon Stark sailed to Andalos, murdered thousands of noncombatant civilians, then brought their heads back as trophies ... then later he invaded The Three Sisters, boiled children in cooking pots, made a tent out of flayed human skin, raped, and murdered more civilians until The Arryns sent troops to drive him out). I argued that such acts were unethical, StarkofWinterfell argued "Eye for an Eye! Go after The Families! Andals are subhuman! Morality wasn't invented until 2016 so historical mass-murderers deserve to be remembered as heroes!" (I paraphrase, of course). Long story short, I added him to my ignore list after he started making personal insults against me personally.

Theon Greyjoy wouldn't make such a good witness, as he wasn't that close to Victorian. ASHA Greyjoy, on the other hand, would make a good witniss. The judges will be interested in hearing her explain what happened to Victorian's wife.

22 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Your Honor on the issue about the Sex Slaves, Male sex slaves are far cheaper than Female ones. Both require food so to save rations the slavers executed the male ones because it isn't as expensive as female ones. 

Your Honor the Yunkish masters have family who pay these witnesses with stored gold. As for Victorian's old ways, he believes in marriages not sexual slavery. 

I would now like to call the Duskey Woman to the stand you honor. 

Tribunal Judge: "The Court calls to the stand The Dusky Woman."

The Dusky Woman walked up to the stand, rallying all of her resolve. She had received therapy from a psychiatrist and emotional support from other abuse-survivors, yet facing her tormentor was still a difficult thing to do. 

Though her tongue was cut out, she was not without a voice. A Court Interpreter accompanied her to translate her sign language into speech that The Tribunal could understand. 

14 minutes ago, TimJames said:

Tribunal Judge: "The Court calls to the stand The Dusky Woman."

The Dusky Woman walked up to the stand, rallying all of her resolve. She had received therapy from a psychiatrist and emotional support from other abuse-survivors, yet facing her tormentor was still a difficult thing to do. 

Though her tongue was cut out, she was not without a voice. A Court Interpreter accompanied her to translate her sign language into speech that The Tribunal could understand. 

Ok Duskey Woman, if that is ur real name. Is it not true that Victarion Greyjoy saved ur life by accepting you into his service? Did his brother not threaten to kill you otherwise?

2 hours ago, Abdallah said:

Ok Duskey Woman, if that is ur real name. Is it not true that Victarion Greyjoy saved ur life by accepting you into his service? Did his brother not threaten to kill you otherwise?

The Dusky Woman signed her answer, a look of hatred in her eyes. The Court Interpreter spoke what she signed.

Dusky Woman: "I was born a slave in Selhorys, the daughter of slaves. When I was fourteen I was sold to a Slave Ship bound for Lys. That ship got captured by Eurion Crows-Eye: he raped me and cut my tongue out. After he grew bored with me, he gave me to his brother Victorian. Victorian raped me as well, and kept me as a bed-slave. Victorian called me 'his brothers leavings', and spoke of cutting my throat and throwing me into the sea as an offering to his Watery God. He could have freed me, but instead he raped me. Every day I feared for my life."

2 minutes ago, TimJames said:

The Dusky Woman signed her answer, a look of hatred in her eyes. The Court Interpreter spoke what she signed.

Dusky Woman: "I was born a slave in Selhorys, the daughter of slaves. When I was fourteen I was sold to a Slave Ship bound for Lys. That ship got captured by Eurion Crows-Eye: he raped me and cut my tongue out. After he grew bored with me, he gave me to his brother Victorian. Victorian raped me as well, and kept me as a bed-slave. Victorian called me 'his brothers leavings', and spoke of cutting my throat and throwing me into the sea as an offering to his Watery God. He could have freed me, but instead he raped me. Every day I feared for my life."

Victorian gives a different story, one that he began to trust you, talk to you alot. He said that you gave no indication that it was not consensual sex. Did he not talk to you about his personal problems? does this not mean he trusted you? Did Victorian ever beat you? Lastly if Victorian wanted to kill you why didn't he? 

1 hour ago, Abdallah said:

Victorian gives a different story, one that he began to trust you, talk to you alot. He said that you gave no indication that it was not consensual sex. Did he not talk to you about his personal problems? does this not mean he trusted you? Did Victorian ever beat you? Lastly if Victorian wanted to kill you why didn't he? 

The Dusky Woman looks disgusted at this, and began signing 

Dusky Woman: "My tongue was cut out; I could not do anything but listen. I could not have said No to him or asked Victorian to stop, but even if I could it wouldn't have made a difference. He didn't even ask."

After pausing to hold back tears, The Dusky Woman signed the rest.

"I was confined to his room; I only ate and drank what he fed me and if he forgot to than I had to go without. Every moment when he was around, I was afraid that a glint in my eyes or a wrong facial inflection would cause him to fly into a rage and murder me. Once, there was a fisherman whose boat he captured and added to his fleet. The fisherman made the mistake of calling Victorian a fool for not knowing that the Dothraki sea was grass ... Victorian strangled the poor fisherman to death with his bare hands. Before the UN Peacekeepers boarded The Iron Victory, I had no expectation of survival. I knew that sooner or later, Victorian Greyjoy would murder me ... like he murdered my friend ...:

It was at this point that The Dusky Woman's eyes filled with angry tears. She didn't intend to share this next part, but now she could not stop herself.

"On the ship there was a Maester named Kerwin. Kerwin was a slave like me, and when nobody was looking he would smile at me or whisper words of encouragement. Kerwin was the first man who was even remotely kind to me, who attempted to fill my broken spirit with hope. Victorian gave his sailors permission to rape Kerwin, and even threatened to tie Kerwin to the mast so the whole crew could rape the poor man. Then he murdered Kerwin and threw him in the sea!"

When Dusky Woman signed the last part, she stared at Victorian and gritted her teeth in unbridled hostility.

"You murdered him! Kerwin was my friend and you murdered him! Murderer! Murderer! Murderer! ..."

Dusky woman kept signing the word "murderer" until her hands grew tired and she was forced to stop. 

A murmur fell across the room as those observing the trial stared at the defendant in stunned silence. 

12 hours ago, TimJames said:

The Dusky Woman looks disgusted at this, and began signing 

Dusky Woman: "My tongue was cut out; I could not do anything but listen. I could not have said No to him or asked Victorian to stop, but even if I could it wouldn't have made a difference. He didn't even ask."

After pausing to hold back tears, The Dusky Woman signed the rest.

"I was confined to his room; I only ate and drank what he fed me and if he forgot to than I had to go without. Every moment when he was around, I was afraid that a glint in my eyes or a wrong facial inflection would cause him to fly into a rage and murder me. Once, there was a fisherman whose boat he captured and added to his fleet. The fisherman made the mistake of calling Victorian a fool for not knowing that the Dothraki sea was grass ... Victorian strangled the poor fisherman to death with his bare hands. Before the UN Peacekeepers boarded The Iron Victory, I had no expectation of survival. I knew that sooner or later, Victorian Greyjoy would murder me ... like he murdered my friend ...:

It was at this point that The Dusky Woman's eyes filled with angry tears. She didn't intend to share this next part, but now she could not stop herself.

"On the ship there was a Maester named Kerwin. Kerwin was a slave like me, and when nobody was looking he would smile at me or whisper words of encouragement. Kerwin was the first man who was even remotely kind to me, who attempted to fill my broken spirit with hope. Victorian gave his sailors permission to rape Kerwin, and even threatened to tie Kerwin to the mast so the whole crew could rape the poor man. Then he murdered Kerwin and threw him in the sea!"

When Dusky Woman signed the last part, she stared at Victorian and gritted her teeth in unbridled hostility.

"You murdered him! Kerwin was my friend and you murdered him! Murderer! Murderer! Murderer! ..."

Dusky woman kept signing the word "murderer" until her hands grew tired and she was forced to stop. 

A murmur fell across the room as those observing the trial stared at the defendant in stunned silence. 

Your honor there was many ways to signal stop such as shaking her head no. Victorian had no way of knowing that it was not consensual because she did not signal no.

Kerwin was indeed raped your Honor. But it was the actions of a few criminals among an honest crew. He couldn't identify them to Kerwin, so he armed Kerwin with a dagger. This is why Victorian kept the Dusky woman in his cabin, because he feared for her safety. As for Kerwin and the fisherman, well there was no fisherman that was her made up imagination. A side effect of her isolation. Victorian did not want to even take the Duskey Woman to the journey but if he didn't Euron would kill her.

Kerwin died by suicide your Honor. The rape effected him greatly. He threw himself into the sea. Victorian and Moqorro  each prayed to their God, the Drowned God and the Red God. As the Duskey woman said, she was confined to quarters, thus she did not see it happen.  

Your Honor this woman is clearly mentally unstable. I ask that her testimony be stricken from the record. The Horrors Euron inflicted on her, and this accursed voyage has effected even harden sailors. 

5 hours ago, Abdallah said:

Your honor there was many ways to signal stop such as shaking her head no. Victorian had no way of knowing that it was not consensual because she did not signal no.

Kerwin was indeed raped your Honor. But it was the actions of a few criminals among an honest crew. He couldn't identify them to Kerwin, so he armed Kerwin with a dagger. This is why Victorian kept the Dusky woman in his cabin, because he feared for her safety. As for Kerwin and the fisherman, well there was no fisherman that was her made up imagination. A side effect of her isolation. Victorian did not want to even take the Duskey Woman to the journey but if he didn't Euron would kill her.

Kerwin died by suicide your Honor. The rape effected him greatly. He threw himself into the sea. Victorian and Moqorro  each prayed to their God, the Drowned God and the Red God. As the Duskey woman said, she was confined to quarters, thus she did not see it happen. 

Your Honor this woman is clearly mentally unstable. I ask that her testimony be stricken from the record. The Horrors Euron inflicted on her, and this accursed voyage has effected even harden sailors. 

Tribunal Judge: "Objection Overruled. The Dusky Woman's mental state was analyzed pre-trial, and it has been determined that she is mentally fit to give a testimony. Esquire Prosecutor, do you have anything you wish to ask the witniss."

Prosecutor: "In fact, yes. Dusky Woman, would you please tell the court more about Kerwin's murder?"

Dusky Woman: "It was after we brought that horrible Red Priest on board. He used fire on Victorian's wound, because Kerwin's medicine wasn't working. Afterwards, Moqorro said that a sacrifice would cause the winds to blow in their favor ... Victorian gave the order as soon as he stepped out of the captain's quarters. He didn't close the door so I could hear the order, and I could Kerwin screaming as they slit his throat, and I could hear the sound of his body falling into the water."

Prosecutor: "No further questions your honor. I think it is clear to all present just what this woman suffered at Victorian's hands." 

Tribunal Judge: "If there are no further questions for The Dusky Lady, then she may be seated."

2 hours ago, TimJames said:

Tribunal Judge: "Objection Overruled. The Dusky Woman's mental state was analyzed pre-trial, and it has been determined that she is mentally fit to give a testimony. Esquire Prosecutor, do you have anything you wish to ask the witniss."

Prosecutor: "In fact, yes. Dusky Woman, would you please tell the court more about Kerwin's murder?"

Dusky Woman: "It was after we brought that horrible Red Priest on board. He used fire on Victorian's wound, because Kerwin's medicine wasn't working. Afterwards, Moqorro said that a sacrifice would cause the winds to blow in their favor ... Victorian gave the order as soon as he stepped out of the captain's quarters. He didn't close the door so I could hear the order, and I could Kerwin screaming as they slit his throat, and I could hear the sound of his body falling into the water."

Prosecutor: "No further questions your honor. I think it is clear to all present just what this woman suffered at Victorian's hands." 

Tribunal Judge: "If there are no further questions for The Dusky Lady, then she may be seated."

Ur honor if they threw his body overboard that would mean they were on the deck of the ship. If they slit his through how could he scream? Ur honor the sounds of the seas are extremely loud. Kerwin committed suicide ur honor. Was his body even found?

No further questions your honor. Let the prosecution call it's next witness? 

55 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Also how do we know who wins? ur both the Prosecution and Judge, who's the jury?

( ( ( War Crime Tribunals don't have juries. They're both just trying to convince The Tribunal Judge (though in real life there'd be several tribunal judges, this trial has one for simplicity sake).

Once The Proescutor and The Defender argue enough and analyze The Witnisses and The Evidence enough, The Tribunal Judge hands out the verdict and we play it out (Victorian Greyjoy goes free, of Victorian Greyjoy is found guilty and punished).

You "Win" if you have fun. That's the point of this.

Afterwards, if you like, we can put other characters on Trial.) ) ) 

57 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Ur honor if they threw his body overboard that would mean they were on the deck of the ship. If they slit his through how could he scream? Ur honor the sounds of the seas are extremely loud. Kerwin committed suicide ur honor. Was his body even found?

No further questions your honor. Let the prosecution call it's next witness? 

Prosecutor: "I call to the stand the accused, Victorian Greyjoy."

10 hours ago, TimJames said:

Prosecutor: "I call to the stand the accused, Victorian Greyjoy."

Victorian walks to the stand. Victorian: Your honor I am ready to ask any question the prosecution has for me. As well as any question from my lawyer. 

Prosecutor: "Victorian Greyjoy, what do you think of The Old Ways and The Iron Price?"

On 4/9/2016 at 1:51 PM, TimJames said:

Prosecutor: "Victorian Greyjoy, what do you think of The Old Ways and The Iron Price?"

The Old ways represent thousands of years of tradition. 

The Iron Price simply means war booties. When I fight an enemy and kill him I'm allowed to take his possessions. Forgive me if I'm wrong but taking war booty from slain combatants is not a crime is it?

On 4/11/2016 at 11:09 PM, Abdallah said:

The Old ways represent thousands of years of tradition. 

The Iron Price simply means war booties. When I fight an enemy and kill him I'm allowed to take his possessions. Forgive me if I'm wrong but taking war booty from slain combatants is not a crime is it?

Tribunal Judge: "Actually, looting is prohibited under The Hague Conventions."

The Prosecutor rolled his eyes.

Prosecutor: "The Old Way is the cultural belief that it is not only acceptable but even commendable to gain wealth by pillaging it during raids, and that it is acceptable to enslave Prisoners Of War for use in manual labor or sexual pleasure. Is it not true that your brother, Eurion Greyjoy, sold war prisoners and civilians from The Shield Isles into slavery?"

12 minutes ago, TimJames said:

Tribunal Judge: "Actually, looting is prohibited under The Hague Conventions."

The Prosecutor rolled his eyes.

Prosecutor: "The Old Way is the cultural belief that it is not only acceptable but even commendable to gain wealth by pillaging it during raids, and that it is acceptable to enslave Prisoners Of War for use in manual labor or sexual pleasure. Is it not true that your brother, Eurion Greyjoy, sold war prisoners and civilians from The Shield Isles into slavery?"

Lawyer: Objection your Honor he was talking about taking stuff off a dead body of enemy combatant not pillaging civilians. 

Victorian: While I respect the traditions of my ancestors I limit the Old Ways to enemy combatants. We have thralls to volunteer to work for us in exchange for the citizenship of their children. Sometimes women from the mainland fall in love with Iron Born and marry them. We call them Salt Wives. They are not sex slaves and their children are heirs.

Euron Greyjoy, my brother (said in disgust), is a vile murderer. I served as his admiral because he was my king and I had to. I did not approve of his crimes against civilians in the Shield Isles. Some of the Shield Isles defenders were brave, men I respected. Euron dishonored them like he dishonored me many times. 

Lawyer: Your Honor my client is VICTORIAN Greyjoy, not his brother Euron. Victorian had nothing to do with Euron's crimes. 

22 hours ago, Abdallah said:

Lawyer: Objection your Honor he was talking about taking stuff off a dead body of enemy combatant not pillaging civilians. 

Victorian: While I respect the traditions of my ancestors I limit the Old Ways to enemy combatants. We have thralls to volunteer to work for us in exchange for the citizenship of their children. Sometimes women from the mainland fall in love with Iron Born and marry them. We call them Salt Wives. They are not sex slaves and their children are heirs.

Euron Greyjoy, my brother (said in disgust), is a vile murderer. I served as his admiral because he was my king and I had to. I did not approve of his crimes against civilians in the Shield Isles. Some of the Shield Isles defenders were brave, men I respected. Euron dishonored them like he dishonored me many times. 

Lawyer: Your Honor my client is VICTORIAN Greyjoy, not his brother Euron. Victorian had nothing to do with Euron's crimes. 

Tribunal Judge: "According to Nuremburg Principle IV, The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him. So obedience to your king does not justify potential crimes. However, I will ask that the Prosecutor bare in mind that being related to Eurion Greyjoy is not a crime in and of itself, that being Ironborn is not a crime in and of itself, and that Victorian Greyjoy will only be held responsible for Eurion Grejyou's crimes if he had a hand in them."

Prosecutor: "My apologies, I was only using the enslavement of Shield Isles as an example to demonstrate what The Old Ways really entail."

Tribunal Judge: "Do you have any further questions for the defendant?"

Prosecutor: "Actually Yes, I do. Victorian Greyjoy, all of the women who the UN Peacekeepers found on your ships accuse you of giving your men permission to rape them and of ordering the execution of none women and nearly a hundred young boys. Some of your own men even confessed to these crimes and testified against you; a handful out of genuine remorse and more out of the mistaken belief having that acting on superior orders would exonerate them. Do you deny these accusations, and if so how do you explain the large number of witnesses testifying against you?"

55 minutes ago, TimJames said:

Tribunal Judge: "According to Nuremburg Principle IV, The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him. So obedience to your king does not justify potential crimes. However, I will ask that the Prosecutor bare in mind that being related to Eurion Greyjoy is not a crime in and of itself, that being Ironborn is not a crime in and of itself, and that Victorian Greyjoy will only be held responsible for Eurion Grejyou's crimes if he had a hand in them."

Prosecutor: "My apologies, I was only using the enslavement of Shield Isles as an example to demonstrate what The Old Ways really entail."

Tribunal Judge: "Do you have any further questions for the defendant?"

Prosecutor: "Actually Yes, I do. Victorian Greyjoy, all of the women who the UN Peacekeepers found on your ships accuse you of giving your men permission to rape them and of ordering the execution of none women and nearly a hundred young boys. Some of your own men even confessed to these crimes and testified against you; a handful out of genuine remorse and more out of the mistaken belief having that acting on superior orders would exonerate them. Do you deny these accusations, and if so how do you explain the large number of witnesses testifying against you?"

I never gave them the right to rape them. I did say they could have sex and possibly become salt wives. Perhaps the women and some of the officers misunderstood me. We found no boys on that ship. I believe the slavers executed the boy slaves because they were less valuable than the female slaves. I do think I have a reason so many women are testifying against me.  The Slavers used brutal techniques to break the minds of their slaves. Such tactics were used on my nephew Theon Greyjoy. Now they didn't torture the women psychically but psychologically they broke them down. They must think that the slavers can still hurt them.The men might of been convinced by the women.  

Archived