"People are going to hate Game of Thrones Season 6", Maisie Williams.

RUSSELL BELL

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Loras is definitely dead.  Not sure about Jorah, I think he makes it one more season.  

Oh and Olly, thank the old gods and the new.  How could I forget the potato head.

Didn't someone say that Arya doesn't get to Westeros this season?  If so, then she can't kill Walder Frey unless someone else does it, but I feel it was foreshadowed, cough cough.

Why do people think Meera is going to get killed?  Bran has to have someone in his story to play off of.

I've always thought Jamie and Cersei would go out together and I am not sure the show would change that, but it possible, they'll never kill Lena this early though.

Maybe Arya offs Walder via Nymeria, and yes, I think they will have her start warging even with no set up. Meera, I just think they'll cut down the cast significantly this year, and Bran may end up gods know where and maybe she's not essential for his arc. Mind you, this is something I think could happen but strictly show wise. 

As to Jaime and Cersei, I agree, they'll hang onto Cersei as long as they can. Jaime? Not so much. And as Mr Benioff and Mr Weiss have said, they're diverging more and more, so whatever happens in the books won't necessarily happen, especially if it makes sense, creatively speaking. 

53 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe Arya offs Walder via Nymeria, and yes, I think they will have her start warging even with no set up. Meera, I just think they'll cut down the cast significantly this year, and Bran may end up gods know where and maybe she's not essential for his arc. Mind you, this is something I think could happen but strictly show wise. 

As to Jaime and Cersei, I agree, they'll hang onto Cersei as long as they can. Jaime? Not so much. And as Mr Benioff and Mr Weiss have said, they're diverging more and more, so whatever happens in the books won't necessarily happen, especially if it makes sense, creatively speaking. 

Nah, not only do they hate CGI direwolves, but the audience would have trouble with that, she will kill him as herself if she does kill him, not sure how she tops gouging eyes out though, but he should be in for a more gruesome death than Trant considering he is the one who killed her family.

I forgot, Tommen, he must die this year too..that gives Carol 2 seasons to get 'justice' and burn down some cities.  LOL.

Not sure about Marg, they LUV Dormer...so she could last one more season or not.

18 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Whatever.

It doesn't really matter. From a business stand point I doubt it really helps or hurts got. ANybody reading these articles either likes or hates the show, its not convincing anyone to watch or not watch it. My satisfaction with actors is that they tend to have loose lips on plot.

I don't like Maise simply because she is simply antagonistic.

2 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Can anyone explain to me what's with the hate for Maisie Willaims?

Maisie is a great actress, playing a great part, and she gave a great interview.  She is OUTSTANDING!

1 hour ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Can anyone explain to me what's with the hate for Maisie Willaims?

Basically, she responds to the strawman arguments for why people hate the show rather than the real arguments for why the show has messed up and has a very negative opinion of book fans who are upset at the shitty adaptation because why should they expect something faithful to the books.  Basically, it's just the attitude of "you're being unreasonable, you're crazy" being applied to the valid criticisms and not just the overly crazy ones.  

To be fair, I would probably hate 97% of 18 year olds in the same position as her despite being young myself just because of general reasons common to that age group, rather than anything specific about her (for example, Turner has said many things that have made me feel like she has the intellectual ability of a 5 year old [which again is what I feel about most 18 year olds]), so it's just more of the same thing.

1 minute ago, JonSnow4President said:

Basically, she responds to the strawman arguments for why people hate the show rather than the real arguments for why the show has messed up and has a very negative opinion of book fans who are upset at the shitty adaptation because why should they expect something faithful to the books.  Basically, it's just the attitude of "you're being unreasonable, you're crazy" being applied to the valid criticisms and not just the overly crazy ones.  

To be fair, I would probably hate 97% of 18 year olds in the same position as her despite being young myself just because of general reasons common to that age group, rather than anything specific about her (for example, Turner has said many things that have made me feel like she has the intellectual ability of a 5 year old [which again is what I feel about most 18 year olds]), so it's just more of the same thing.

There are fair amounts of people who criticized the show solely due to violence against women being predominate in S5 which a lot of feminists dropped the series based on it. They are pretty vocal and loud than fans who criticized the show due to book divergence. I'm not sure if the cast were aware that the criticisms were mainly due to the adaptation change cuz it doesn't look like they are.

5 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

There are fair amounts of people who criticized the show solely due to violence against women being predominate in S5 which a lot of feminists dropped the series based on it. They are pretty vocal and loud than fans who criticized the show due to book divergence. I'm not sure if the cast were aware that the criticisms were mainly due to the adaptation change cuz it doesn't look like they are.

For me, it's the things like saying the show was held back because they had to stick to the source material (which hits on 2 points.  Lack of respect for the source material, but then they didn't actually stick to it) and will be SO much better because this year they're free.  

Or misidentifying book readers' complaints with the show as insecurity that they don't know what will happen.  

Or liking that the show cut Stoneheart because it messes with book fans and their ability to spoil shownlies.  

Just the buildup of those little things starts to get to me.  ETA:  Once again, this is why I look back and want to punch my 18 year old self (I'm only 25).  So I don't think it's her specifically, it's the current version of herself while she's going through something that the vast majority of us do.

On 4/6/2016 at 6:16 AM, LazyBazooka said:

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

This reminds me of something I used to say:

"There are two types of people in this world: People that think there are two types of people in this world and people that know better."

I seem to recall an original Star Trek episode wherein a similar befuddlement was used to destroy an errant AI.

14 minutes ago, Hodor H. McHodorton said:

This reminds me of something I used to say:

"There are two types of people in this world: People that think there are two types of people in this world and people that know better."

I seem to recall an original Star Trek episode wherein a similar befuddlement was used to destroy an errant AI.

There are two types of people in this world. 

Those that are me, and those that are not. 

I have captured every 100% of the population with my remark.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:32 AM, BB-Rhae said:

Of course people are going to hate season 6. People hate everything, nobody can ever please people. There's always somebody who is offended and angry and hates season 6 (or anything else in the world really) for whatever reason. Nobody can ever do anything that somebody won't hate. And so nobody should make it their goal to do something that pleases everybody, because that's a non existent scenario. That's how people are, have always been and will always be. 

Standing Ovation on that.    True Dat

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 5:41 PM, Marcus Agrippa said:

I am really starting to not like her as a person. Granted, she is a teen and they're wacky to begin with, but this article just reeks of arrogance. Sometimes it would be best if actors were all just silent until the end of their part in the production.

Yep.  She has become quite obnoxious and acting like your typical big mouth luvvie over the last couple of years.

On April 8, 2016 at 4:11 PM, Ser Gareth said:

Yep.  She has become quite obnoxious and acting like your typical big mouth luvvie over the last couple of years.

That's pretty mean to say about a teen, yeah. She's more level-headed than some actresses on GoT, but. I read one article today about one who accused a man of raping her just for bumping into her at the train station. Now that's a loud-mouth. LOL. Souad Faress. I have no idea who she's playing, but she's meant to be in Season 6.

Maisie, though, gave some pretty level answers to some pretty dead-horse-beaten-already questions. It's the interviewers that are to blame for not throwing her some questions that are interesting.

9 minutes ago, Miss CS said:

That's pretty mean to say about a teen, yeah. She's more level-headed than some actresses on GoT, but. I read one article today about one who accused a man of raping her just for bumping into her at the train station. Now that's a loud-mouth. LOL. Souad Faress. I have no idea who she's playing, but she's meant to be in Season 6.

Maisie, though, gave some pretty level answers to some pretty dead-horse-beaten-already questions. It's the interviewers that are to blame for not throwing her some questions that are interesting.

Yeah can't say shes done anything obnoxious at all, not sure where this hate is coming from. She might say some things you don't agree with, especially if you hang around in a certain part of the forum, but otherwise she seems pretty switched on.

Sophie Turner is quite bland however and gives a lot of by the numbers answers.

11 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Sophie Turner is quite bland however and gives a lot of by the numbers answers.

When I first saw Sophie in behind the scenes footage, my first thought was, "oh my gosh, they've found a real-life Sansa!" The poor girl. She's wonderful, but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

11 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yeah shes either a brilliant actress or they simply found exactly the right actress for the role. She does come off as a typical, slightly dim, but exciteable teenager.

The bit I was talking about, Sophie was in front of the camera commenting on GoT, saying something like, "it's all just so amazing, nothing like this ever happens in real life!" Obviously, she was talking about the intrigue, betrayals, and lies in the story (Season 1). Right. She's obviously got no idea what modern politics is really like and accepts everything about the world at the face-value delivered by the media. It really just struck me that she's just like Sansa, believing in all the "stories"...

Archived