Death WISH list for Season 6 and WHY

A Ghost of Someone

41 minutes ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Your response reads less like a logical rebuttal and more like a Brienne fangirl mad

Funny, I'd say the same to you. Only I'd switch out "Brienne fangirl" with "butthurt fanboy". 

I like Brienne, but since Loras they've fed her nothing but red shirts and crippled or wounded characters. They do her no favors with that.

As opposed to all the great fights everyone else has had post-season 2? I guess we should completely discount that awesome fight the Hound had with those Lannister men at that inn since they were little more than red shirts themselves. 

The Hound is no fool and made no poor choice.

Incorrect. When a better armed and better rested warrior has already bested you and is offering you mercy, you should accept it. Especially if you are suffering from a boo boo. The Hound was foolish to continue a fight he had already lost. Not to mention how foolish it was to antagonize Brienne in the first place when he was already at a disadvantage. 

The Hound was doing the only logical thing, Keeping a woman with Lannister steel and a Lannister squire the hell away from a Stark. They were both in the right, in an unfortunate situation.

Really? And what Lannister flunky would offer the Hound mercy? It was foolish pride that led the Hound to keep up that fight. Five minutes later he was telling Arya to go with Brienne. 

Stannis? Stannis is a more valuable prisoner than corpse. She let herself become ruled by emotion to fulfill the oath she made to a dead man, instead of thinking of ways this could help her fulfill the oath she made to a living man. 

You overvalue Stannis and his use. He was done. Brienne would gain nothing by dragging about that kinslaying goober. Ramsay would not trade Sansa for a fallen enemy who was likely to bleed out at any moment. Nor was Brienne likely to lower herself by using Stannis as a pawn. She treated Stannis with more dignity than he had bestowed on either Renly or Shireen. Brienne did her duty and gave him a quick death. It was just. He deserved far worse.  

13 minutes ago, sapphire_lion said:

Funny, I'd say the same to you. Only I'd switch out "Brienne fangirl" with "butthurt fanboy". 

As opposed to all the great fights everyone else has had post-season 2? I guess we should completely discount that awesome fight the Hound had with those Lannister men at that inn since they were little more than red shirts themselves. 

Incorrect. When a better armed and better rested warrior has already bested you and is offering you mercy, you should accept it. Especially if you are suffering from a boo boo. The Hound was foolish to continue a fight he had already lost. Not to mention how foolish it was to antagonize Brienne in the first place when he was already at a disadvantage. 

Really? And what Lannister flunky would offer the Hound mercy? It was foolish pride that lead the Hound to keep up that fight. Five minutes later he was telling Arya to go with Brienne. 

You overvalue Stannis and his use. He was done. Brienne would gain nothing by dragging about that kinslaying goober. Ramsay would not trade Sansa for a fallen enemy who was likely to bleed out at any moment. Nor was Brienne likely to lower herself by using Stannis as a pawn. She treated Stannis with more dignity than he had bestowed on either Renly or Shireen. Brienne did her duty and gave him a quick death. It was just. He deserved far worse.  

I'm not a butthurt fanboy. I'm a fan of all the characters listed and want them to be the best they can. All deserved better than what they've been given and will likely continue to get. But the only one of them I have some hopes given what we know about the season is Jamie, as this Dorne business is behind him and the RIverlands are on the horizon. 

7 minutes ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

The only one of them I have some hopes for is Jamie, as this Dorne business is behind him and the RIverlands are on the horizon. 

Lol. You're probably going to have to sit through several episodes of him being an utter bitch-boy in King's Landing before anything good happens. And that's assuming D&D actually allow Show!Jaime to grow half a brain and some portion of a backbone. 

Grey Worm and Missandei - The cheesy romance is painfull to watch and it fills time when they could show more canon important stuff.

Every hooker that wastes my time with their tits instead of cool book stuff.

Boltons - all of them dead because its 2016. (props to Obama and Trudeau)

Thenns - they are the most civilized wyldlings on the books and the show ruined them.

Lannisters - All except Jaime and Tyrion. Jaime will die in the last season by saving someone important.

Daario - Again.. stupid romance bs for the laAYYDIiies.

Bronn - Because D&D ruined Jaime by having Bronn be his funny side kick. I liked him with Tyrion but its time for him to go.

High Sparrow - He's just a plot device.

Olly - He is Evil made flesh and a placeholder for Satin (Jon's true love).

D & D - For the constant recasting of actors and ruining Stannis Bloodraven Jaime Thenns  [EVERYTHING IN DORNE] Jorah Connington Barristan Greyjoys and for all the super cool stuff they decided to leave out and substitute with things like Ros the Whore.

1 hour ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Lannisters - All except Jaime and Tyrion. Jaime will die in the last season by saving someone important.

Daario - Again.. stupid romance bs for the laAYYDIiies.

Jaime will die while killing his sister? It could be both, saving someone important and killing her.

Also Daario and Dany is not a romance. It is her wanting a boy toy.

18 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

D & D - For the constant recasting of actors and ruining Stannis Bloodraven Jaime Thenns  [EVERYTHING IN DORNE] Jorah Connington Barristan Greyjoys and for all the super cool stuff they decided to leave out and substitute with things like Ros the Whore.

That. 

10 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

That would be GLORIOUS and very satisfying. But I want them to suffer first. All in favor of flaying say AYE :+)

Are you aware that you discuss torture and death of really existing people!???!

Fictional characters can be tortured, burned and raped as much as you want and no one suffers but you want  a fatwa for writers and artists you dislike. Why not beheading IS style for the infidels?

Posts like that, at best pubertarian, at worst fanatical, make the forum lose all credibility in media discourse. 

3 hours ago, Woman of War said:

Are you aware that you discuss torture and death of really existing people!???!

Fictional characters can be tortured, burned and raped as much as you want and no one suffers but you want  a fatwa for writers and artists you dislike. Why not beheading IS style for the infidels?

Posts like that, at best pubertarian, at worst fanatical, make the forum lose all credibility in media discourse. 

It would be funny if D&D join the extras in some scene and get eaten or burned by a dragon, or killed by the others.

For the fans ...

... Quick to judge aren't we? Oh well... move along.

You know, the overall hateful - hateful and overly emotional, not suitably critical -  climate here towards the show makers is not funny anymore and close to fanatics and true believers in some ideology.

I think my reaction was quick and appropriate

• Ramsay - bc I'm starting to get the feeling he is the main character of this show
  • Jaime - I love him, but seriously, they don't know what to do with him
  • Melisandre - if she can't be burned, I wish a group-hug from Others upon her
  • Essos can sink into the ocean for all I care
  • So can Dorne
  • That brat from Night's Watch. Thorne can live, he is like one of the last characters at the wall whose name I remember and who isn't a dog.

My list of those I want to die this season:

Jon - I want him to stay dead. I hate resurrections.

Sansa - I would like it if her entire purpose turns out to be just as a viewpoint to important characters and to suffer. Once all the important points have been witnessed, she can be killed off, hopefully in a terribly unjust and brutal way. I don't think this will happen, but it would be awesome.

Rickon - Because I want to see the Stark line destroyed.

Dany - It would be great if Euron killed her and took control of her dragons.

Davos - I'm hoping Ramsay defeats him in battle and skins him alive.

Brienne and Pod - I hope the Brotherhood without Banners hangs them both.

Roose Bolton - Hoping Ramsay betrays him and takes control of the North.

Meera and Hodor - I hope Bran turns evil and sacrifices them.

Bronn - I hope he dies a pointless death, the fate of many a sellsword.

Tyrion - Hope the Sons of Harpy kill him and take control of Meereen after Dany is killed by Euron and he hijacks the dragons.

Jorah Mormont - Hope he dies a shameful death, too weakened by his sickness to help anyone, including Dany and Tyrion, as the city of Meereen is torn apart.

Cersei and Margery - I hope the Sparrows take them down, and assert a chaotic rulership of King's Landing.

The Hound - I want him to stay dead, and not have any affect on the Mountain. If they do clash, I hope the Hound is effortlessly slaughtered.

My list of those I want to live this season:

Arya - I want to see her turn into a psychotic killing machine, butchering out of revenge and killing innocents in her path if necessary. She can be killed off in the next couple of seasons, or survive to be a soulless tool of death.

Bran - I hope he joins the Great Other.

Ramsay and Walder Frey - I hope the Starks get no revenge, and these two solidify their control of the North and the Riverlands. I hope that Ramsay lives a long life and the Boltons remain rulers of the North to the very end.

Jaime - I hope he ends up with the fate of Lancelot, a monk who lives in personal atonement.

Theon and Yara - I hope they become Ramsey's pets, to torture and play with to the very end of the series.

On April 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Winter's Cold said:

Sansa - ends the Jon/Sansa theories, ends the Queen in the North while Bran is still alive theories, ends the theories that Sansa has taken over whatever Arya's original intended purpose was, ends the theories that Sansa will be the YMBQ, ends the theories that Sansa will end up a powerful political player like Littlefinger, ends the theories that Sansa will rebuild Winterfell (her snow Winterfell was promptly destroyed for a reason), ends the theories that Sansa is the most important Stark and that Bran and Arya are just secondary characters.

It probably won't happen this season or while Littlefinger's still alive. However, I'm hoping that it does occur next season so that some people stop overestimating Sansa's story importance while underestimating the importance of other characters.

[claps into a standing ovation]

On 4/10/2016 at 4:58 PM, Myself656 said:

Tormund... because Jon can lead the Free Folk himself at this point and we need at least one loss amongst Jon's confidants and at this stage Tormund is more expendinle than Davos and Mel (though I only give Mel a 50/50 shot of living past the moment she walks the battlements of Winterfell).

Tormund is the face of the Wildlings, if you kill him off, you essentially write off the Wildlings as extras. Besides, it looks like Tormund has placed his trust in Jon, so Jon will be leading them (including Tormund). This is also my problem with Edd dying. At this point, he is the only recognizable (likable, that is) NW member left. I hope to see him and Tormund fight in the Long Night alongside Jon, as they maintain the links to the Wildlings and NW. Although, given the history of this show, it is unlikely. :(

My list-

Jorah and Daario- In the long run, they will do nothing but hold Dany back from her inevitable romance with Jon. Their main purpose seems to be to make goo goo eyes at her. Kill one of them off at least. 

Olly- preferably as Olly's chew toy

Alliser Thorne- Hopefully, Jon, Tormund or Edd does the deed.

Melisandre- I don't want to see any sexual tension between her and Jon. Hopefully, she sacrifices herself to revive him or Davos avenges Shireen. 

Some Tyrells (preferably Olenna or Loras)- Loras is a joke on the show, please end his misery. Olenna with her degrading remarks about all the gay, is getting grating. It is time House Tyrell realized that they should have kept their ambitious fake smiles in Highgraden. 

The Waif- She is annoying. 

Ellaria and the Sandsnakes- No reason is needed. 

Ramsay and Roose- It is time for House Bolton to go. 

The Umbers- If the spoilers are true, then they have betrayed the Starks. In the books the SmallJon flips a table over to protect his King, losing his life to a noble cause. In the show, it seems that he will hand Rickon over to the Boltons to be butchered and fight alongside the family who slayed his King, and fellow North men. They deserve a traitors death. 

Walder Frey and his kin- This is self explanatory, I would think. 

58 minutes ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

Tormund is the face of the Wildlings, if you kill him off, you essentially write off the Wildlings as extras. Besides, it looks like Tormund has placed his trust in Jon, so Jon will be leading them (including Tormund). This is also my problem with Edd dying. At this point, he is the only recognizable (likable, that is) NW member left. I hope to see him and Tormund fight in the Long Night alongside Jon, as they maintain the links to the Wildlings and NW. Although, given the history of this show, it is unlikely. :(

Yes, Tormund is the face of the Wildlings, but the big question is how many Wildlings will be left after the Battle of the Bastards? If there's still a significant number then I'd see Tormund surviving. If most of them are wiped out I think Tormund will be killed off and the Wildlings will be extras in the same way that the Dothraki who remained loyal to Dany were once she got her Unsullied.

The same, sadly goes for Edd. My hunch is that The Wall comes down at the end of this season (as in the final event of the season) and the Night Watch dies to the last man at that point. No more Night Watch means no more need for recognizable Night Watch members (there probably won't be much more than 40 left after the mutineers are squished regardless).

In terms of story economy Jon really only needs one good advisor to bounce his thoughts off for the audience and Davos' 'down to earth' common sense is a much better sounding board for Jon than a barbarian warrior chief like Tormund. If its a choice between one or the other, Tormund will be cut before Davos will.

Indeed, my hunch is that the line in the trailers from Tormund about how "I thought he would lead us through the Long Night, but I was wrong" is actually... "I thought he (Mance) would lead us through the Long Night, but I was wrong... You (Jon) are!" and will actually serve as a metaphorical passing of the leadership torch for the Wildlings directly to Jon, thus clearing the path for Tormund to be killed off because even Tormund is saying that Jon can lead the Wildlings directly himself.

For purposes of the story Edd sadly NEEDS to die when the Wall comes down just because we need someone sympathetic to perish to drive it home (vs. a bunch of random murderers and rapists we don't even have names for).

Archived