Cat POV in Winds of Winter

I've noticed it has been quite a while since Catelyn Tully had a POV. Now that it is established she is no longer dead, will she get a POV in Winds of Winter?

I know she has changed somewhat since coming back from the beyond, but does she have any of her old loves or affections left? Will she help/seek out the Blackfish and try to liberate her brother Edmure from the Freys' captivity?

Will she and Arya meet up? Whether or not we get a POV for Catelyn how will her arc play out in WOW?

4 minutes ago, Seaworth'sShipmate said:

Would she ever want to go back to Winterfell or Riverrun to make things "as they used to be?"

She is after all, the Queen regent of the north, legally entitled to reign and rule until Bran Stark comes of age.

I doubt it.  The only thing on her mind now is revenge and death.  She's fueled by nothing more then hatred.  I do think she serves a purpose in the story, but I think her purpose will be short-lived and she will end up dead for good eventually.

21 minutes ago, Seaworth'sShipmate said:

Would she ever want to go back to Winterfell or Riverrun to make things "as they used to be?"

She is after all, the Queen regent of the north, legally entitled to reign and rule until Bran Stark comes of age.

Bran and Rickon are both dead...........

I don't think we'll have a POV from her, no but I don't agree there is nothing left of her except vengeance.  It's not clear to what extent she is actively encouraging the BWB to serach for Arya and Sansa as they seemed to be intent on tracking Arya down off their own bat but it's reasonable to assume she os keen on ensuring their recovery and wellbeing.  Given what has happened to her this is particularly cruel of GRRM as any meeting between her and her children would be one of horror rather than joy for her girls and therefore one of pain rather than pleasure for Cat herself.  Which is why I hope he ties up the LSH part of the story fairly rapidly with Jaime and Brienne rather than try and pretend things can go back to as before.

Given Martin's policy that in TWOW will be having basically reaping of POVs, meaning we would see less and less POVs, there is no reason to believe that GRRM will introduce Lady Stoneheart as the new POV. Before you say "it wouldn't be a new POV", yes it would, as GRRM's rules about revival are very clear - Lady Stoneheart most definitely isn't Catelyn. Not to mention that with Brienne and Jaime, we have two POVs that can cover all the possible events regarding Lady Stoneheart.

11 hours ago, Lady bonehead said:

I opened this thinking it referred to a Sir Pounce POV, which I am totally in favor of

I second this.  It's unlikely, but could be done via warging.

If GRRM wanted a LSH, he probably would have introduced it earlier.  Also, when you have too many POVs and need to reduce them, adding another one is not that wise. 

19 hours ago, Seaworth'sShipmate said:

She's not the Queen Regent though, she was never Queen in the North. First real world example I thought of is Margaret Beaufort, mother of Henry VII, who was mother of the King but never Queen herself. Whereas Cersei is Queen Regent because she was Queen in her own right, by virtue of her loving marriage to Robert, and Regent because she is ruling for her underage son. That was why she remained as Lady Stark even after Robb was declared King in the North. 

However, Catelyn Stark is dead, Lady Stoneheart lives. The only POV opportunity that I can see for Lady Stoneheart would be a prologue or epilogue but even those options seen to be long shots. In my head a LSH POV would be mostly disjointed mutterings along the lines of the basilisk or Kreacher from Harry Potter...

Archived