Does Tywin have any bastards?

norwaywolf123

We Know that Tywin is not a saint and that he does have sex with whores "Shae". So do you think he has any bastards around? If so does Tywin know about the bastards? Does any charecters know about Tywin's bastards like Genna or Kevan? Could one of Tywin's hypothetical bastards claim Casterly Rock? Maybe the Lannisters are not so pleased with Cersei running havoc and claiming everything. She even tried to claim Rosby for Tommen! What do you think?

http://joannalannister.tumblr.com/post/102520914486/secret-bastards

Possible Bastards

- Marei, a whore at Chataya's brothel in King's landing, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Marei

- Sweet Donnel Hill, a brother of the Night's Watch, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Donnel_Hill

- Others

I assume the whore at Chataya's had blonde hair and green eyes?  I'd say that 1 is possible if the ages line up since Tywin likely had the tunnel built.  However I don't see any chance of those bastards gaining anything.  For 1 Tywin is not even around to acknowledge them and 2 there are tons of Lannisters around to claim Casterly Rock and Lannisport, there is no lack of heirs.

4 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I assume the whore at Chataya's had blonde hair and green eyes?  I'd say that 1 is possible if the ages line up since Tywin likely had the tunnel built.  However I don't see any chance of those bastards gaining anything.  For 1 Tywin is not even around to acknowledge them and 2 there are tons of Lannisters around to claim Casterly Rock and Lannisport, there is no lack of heirs.

Maybe Tywin had some favortites? Since Martyn and Tyrek are so young and i think that the vassals would revolt if a Frey became lord of Casterly Rock, a strong knight or commander could gain traction? We don't know the gossip of CR, so maybe?

24 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Maybe Tywin had some favortites? Since Martyn and Tyrek are so young and i think that the vassals would revolt if a Frey became lord of Casterly Rock, a strong knight or commander could gain traction? We don't know the gossip of CR, so maybe?

Isn't Martyn 1 of the Lannisters Karstark killed?  Tyrek is "lost", Daven, and Lancel are behind Tommen and Myrcella, who are behind Cersei for Lady/Lord of Casterly Rock.  If all of them died then Genna's oldest child would have the best claim.

Its possible but very unlikely. If Tywin arranged for Joy Hill to be married well, as far as bastards go, so if Tywin takes care of his missing brother's natural daughter, I don't see why he would kick out any of his own bastards that was aware of. Most likely however Tywin had no woman beside Joanna while she was alive and, this is what I think, may have declined a mistress or other woman of pleasure due to the experience with his father's mistress.

Tywin would never acknowledge a bastard son/daughter, especially any born of a common whore. He might privately provide something for the child but even that is unlikely (providing for a child is tacit addmission of fatherhood).

Tywin is all about the Lannister family legacy. As the head of family, he'll want to keep the family blood high. Gerion's bastard daughter Joy Hill will never be legitimised as long as Tywin holds power... oh, wait! He's dead! I can imagine Jaime or Tyrion petitioning the king/queen to legitimise Joy. They both liked their uncle Gerion, and neither would lose anything by it, Joy is so low in the order of succession to Casterly Rock she's no threat, and Jaime and Tyrion both seem to like her, a sweet child.

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Isn't Martyn 1 of the Lannisters Karstark killed?  Tyrek is "lost", Daven, and Lancel are behind Tommen and Myrcella, who are behind Cersei for Lady/Lord of Casterly Rock.  If all of them died then Genna's oldest child would have the best claim.

Willem Lannister, Martyn's twin and Tion Frey was killed by Karstark.

Tyrek has dissapeared thou some belive he was taken by Varys to be a future puppet lord of Casterly Rock

Maybe the Lannisters are tired of Cersei constantly screwing up, House Lannister also need a leader with experience so either Jaime, Daven, Damon, Damion, Lucion since they are old enough to rule well on own merit,

I think that the lords of the westerlands would be insulted to be sworn to Gennas children whom are freys.

2 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

Its possible but very unlikely. If Tywin arranged for Joy Hill to be married well, as far as bastards go, so if Tywin takes care of his missing brother's natural daughter, I don't see why he would kick out any of his own bastards that was aware of. Most likely however Tywin had no woman beside Joanna while she was alive and, this is what I think, may have declined a mistress or other woman of pleasure due to the experience with his father's mistress.

I think that Tywin had some XXX in King's Landing while Joanna was away at Casterly Rock. And after he probably had a mistress or two, whom he keeped in check. Maybe some revelations will come out? Someone will discover a money trail to some woman and her kids, kids who happen to look like lannisters.

1 hour ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

Probably. He seems like he hate tryion for all the stuff he himself probably also does so i would not be shock if he had some around. 

Do you think we will meet one?

Will they have any part in the game?

Maybe will just get some information that suggest that Tywin did have bastards, but it will never be confirmed?

Maybe one of Tywins potential bastards will play Tyler hill's part. "Dance of Dragons"

2 hours ago, LionoftheWest said:

I doubt this is true considering the tunnel to Chataya's is most likely his. So he was probably using this tunnel the whole time he was in KL acting as Hand the first and didn't leave KL until after Joanna's death.

In regards to the OP, I think its possible that Tywin has bastards, but I doubt they'll be of any consequence to the plot.

35 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I think that Tywin had some XXX in King's Landing while Joanna was away at Casterly Rock. And after he probably had a mistress or two, whom he keeped in check. Maybe some revelations will come out? Someone will discover a money trail to some woman and her kids, kids who happen to look like lannisters.

I don't think Tywin spread his seed far and wide. But maybe he was the Hand who had the secret passage made, but that would've been for some special paramour, not any and every whore. He had standards. Too bad he could not recognise that in his younger son. Or his older son, who's only ever bedded one woman. ehm... who also happens to be his sister, but at least Jaime is faithful and abstenemous. More than his dad.

Just now, talvikorppi said:

I don't think Tywin spread his seed far and wide. But maybe he was the Hand who had the secret passage made, but that would've been for some special paramour, not any and every whore. He had standards. Too bad he could not recognise that in his younger son. Or his older son, who's only ever bedded one woman. ehm... who also happens to be his sister, but at least Jaime is faithful and abstenemous. More than his dad.

If he had a special paramour/mistress, if thats the case i have some questons

1. Was the Paramour hired?

2. Did he have children with the paramour, chances are then that he had more of a role in their upbringing. Mostly telling the paramour what they should be, Son 1 a knight, Son 2 a Maester.

3. Was the Paramour Nobleborn, Bastardborn or Baseborn?

6 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

2. Did he have children with the paramour, chances are then that he had more of a role in their upbringing. Mostly telling the paramour what they should be, Son 1 a knight, Son 2 a Maester.

Hired. 

I doubt he had kids though. I could see him forcing the women he's slept with to guzzle down moon tea

58 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Do you think we will meet one?

Will they have any part in the game?

Maybe will just get some information that suggest that Tywin did have bastards, but it will never be confirmed?

Maybe one of Tywins potential bastards will play Tyler hill's part. "Dance of Dragons"

1. Would not be shock if we already met one?

2. No minor character at best. 

3 i think we already got hints that tywin would sneak whores back to the tower of the hand of the king. Also yeah there will be clues but GRRM would have to confirm. 

4. I don't think so? 

1 minute ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I don't know!

I just threw in the word "paramour" as an euphemistic term for a regular whore on a retainer. IF Tywin visited whores, he's not the type to have just any/some girl indiscriminantely, some girl his servants (bannermen, his men-at-arms etc.) would've had. He'd want to have the best and the most discrete, exclusively.

Apologies for my bad English spelling, not my native language.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Hired. 

I doubt he had kids though. I could see him forcing the women he's slept with to guzzle down moon tea

Exactly.

Tywin would've never wanted to father bastards, even if they could've be out of sight. He probably told his mistresses, quite deadpan, to drink moon tea

Only Roose Bolton can match Tywin Lannister for the title of the most scary villain. Becaue they both do it so subtly

2 minutes ago, talvikorppi said:

Exactly.

Tywin would've never wanted to father bastards, even if they could've be out of sight. He probably told his mistresses, quite deadpan, to drink moon tea

Only Roose Bolton can match Tywin Lannister for the title of the most scary villain. Becaue they both do it so subtly

I dunno man. I'm more scared of Ramsay and Euron than Tywin and Roose

Just now, talvikorppi said:

Exactly.

IT only takes one time so i feel like the odds are he has at least one but doesn't know or care. I don't think telling him you were pregnant would have been a good idea either. They probably would just get all the gold they could and jump on the fastest ship to somewhere else.  I could see one still at KL cause HE left not the other way around. 

36 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I dunno man. I'm more scared of Ramsay and Euron than Tywin and Roose

Sweet summer child. Roose and Tywin are (were) the epitomy of quietly scary. Ramsay might flay people near at hand, but Roose quietly and efficiently and unemotionally moves thousands of people as chess pieces, towards their death. Tywin did that, too.

I don't know about Euron. He's mad and bad and dangerous to know, and there's method to his madness, but not as much as to Roose's or Tywin's. In the end, he's just a pillaging pirate, Tywin and Roose are (were) Lords who can withstand such a squid. (Mace Tyrell probably isn't, and the Reach is vulnerable to Ironborn attacks.)

Archived