Peaky Blinders Season 3 - Spoilers

HexMachina

1 hour ago, Talleyrand said:

Same as above I'm glad it looks to be getting back to gangster on gangster action - season 3 wasn't dreadful but the whole Russian Royalist and Paedo Priest plot really did nothing for me. 

I couldn't buy the priest since the Russians are Orthodox and the priest was Roman.

I like the new S4 trailer. Did not like that brief look of Polly walking to the gallows. Maybe it was from a nightmare sequence? Adrien Brody as another mobster? He's not my favorite actor, but  he could be interesting. Still think Tommy should've killed Alfie at the end of S3, and the only reason his character is still alive is because he's played by Tom Hardy. Plot armor is thick when you're a major movie star on a show like this.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:12 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I like the new S4 trailer. Did not like that brief look of Polly walking to the gallows. Maybe it was from a nightmare sequence? Adrien Brody as another mobster? He's not my favorite actor, but  he could be interesting. Still think Tommy should've killed Alfie at the end of S3, and the only reason his character is still alive is because he's played by Tom Hardy. Plot armor is thick when you're a major movie star on a show like this.

Plenty of movie stars have featured on the show - that confrontation between Tom and Alfie is crucial to both Tommy as a character and Michael's arc. Tommy pulling the trigger would have ruined it.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:46 AM, Фейсал said:

Plenty of movie stars have featured on the show - that confrontation between Tom and Alfie is crucial to both Tommy as a character and Michael's arc. Tommy pulling the trigger would have ruined it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the person with the Tom Hardy avatar might be a tad biased. ;) We'll just have to agree to disagree on Tommy not pulling the trigger. Regardless, still looking fwd to S4.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:17 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the person with the Tom Hardy avatar might be a tad biased. ;) We'll just have to agree to disagree on Tommy not pulling the trigger. Regardless, still looking fwd to S4.

Lol you have a good point but I think that scene had two purposes:

Show us how business savvy Michael is

Remind us that our protagonists are ultimately bad, bad people.

That's all ruined if Alfie gets boinked.

1 hour ago, Фейсал said:

Lol you have a good point but I think that scene had two purposes:

Show us how business savvy Michael is

Remind us that our protagonists are ultimately bad, bad people.

That's all ruined if Alfie gets boinked.

I think that not only does it remind us that our protagonists are bad people, but it reminds us that Tommy is aware that he is a bad person. While Michael talks him out of it, Tommy to can no longer pretend that he is in any way righteous, and must come to grips with the fact that this is the path he has taken, this is the world he has picked to live in, and he must obey the rules.

12 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

I think that not only does it remind us that our protagonists are bad people, but it reminds us that Tommy is aware that he is a bad person. While Michael talks him out of it, Tommy to can no longer pretend that he is in any way righteous, and must come to grips with the fact that this is the path he has taken, this is the world he has picked to live in, and he must obey the rules.

Agreed, but how is NOT killing Alfie playing by those rules? Bad people betray and do fucked up shit. Tommy should be no different and have pulled the trigger.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:26 AM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Agreed, but how is NOT killing Alfie playing by those rules? Bad people betray and do fucked up shit. Tommy should be no different and have pulled the trigger.

Because killing Alfie starts a war with the  Solomons and it's not what a cold blooded gangster would do. Tommy is just that - but he let emotion over take him after Grace's death.

• 1 month later...

Man, what a season premier. I kind of saw John (likely) being killed, but it didn't happen the way I thought it would, I expected Michael to arrive at John's and everybody be dead, including Esme and the kids, as a way to really get across how ruthless these guys are. I don't think Michael is dead, and who knows, John might make it, but it is unlikely.

Looks like the main plot of this season is gonna be the Italians coming after the Shelbys, and some sort of labor dispute.

That was certainly a great start to the season. I have a hard time seeing how John could survive that and I'm sad to see him go, but I guess someone major had to die to really drive home the magnitude of the threat they are facing. Michael will survive though, of that I have no doubt.

It was nice to see how everyone was fairing in life outside the Peaky Blinders, and how none of them seemed even a little content. I really liked Arthur's line about fixing cars.

I'm interested to see how Adrien Brody will fare in his role. I though he did pretty well in is first scene and he seemed to have the swagger and menace that a gangster of his sort should have, so I'm interested to see if he can keep it up. I also haven't seen him in anything noteworthy since Predators.

Kind of strange that they had everyone arrested at the end of last season only to immediately drop that plot line in the premiere and have them all freed in the first five minutes, but otherwise I enjoyed it.  The Italian mafia plot should be fun.

Man, this season is great so far. The danger feels real, the steaks feel high, and so far it looks to be one of the best seasons yet. I loved the way that they introduced Aberama Gold, just savagely shanking the shit out of some poor Italian fella. I liked getting to know Luca Changretta a bit more, though I can't remember what his relation to Vicente is, which kind of bugs me. Not sure how to feel that he is kind of ripping off Vito Corleone, but he managed to make it actually pretty intimidating.

Also, I think Johnny Dogs might be the most underrated character in this show.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:33 AM, GrimTuesday said:

Man, this season is great so far. The danger feels real, the steaks feel high, and so far it looks to be one of the best seasons yet. I loved the way that they introduced Aberama Gold, just savagely shanking the shit out of some poor Italian fella. I liked getting to know Luca Changretta a bit more, though I can't remember what his relation to Vicente is, which kind of bugs me. Not sure how to feel that he is kind of ripping off Vito Corleone, but he managed to make it actually pretty intimidating.

Also, I think Johnny Dogs might be the most underrated character in this show.

I don't think I'd like a high steak . . . typed with straight face, er fingers.  :cheers:

Archived