Peaky Blinders Season 3 - Spoilers

HexMachina

• 3 months later...
On 12/23/2017 at 6:39 PM, Zorral said:

Having finished it last night, it seemed too crammed and too choppy and too short.  I'm glad season 5 will be its last.  It's running out of steam.

The Adrian Brody character didn't work for me -- it started out ok, but got too ridiculous the more we saw him.

I did like the Gold guy a lot.  Want to see what he and Pol get up to next year.

I also loved the last scene and the conclusion.  It somehow made so much sense (except for the Roma background, but nevermind).  However, I'm didn't feel convinced of historical accuracy at all, considering who Jessie Eden really was -- she's not a fictional character.

Just finally got around to finishing S4, and I gotta say I agree with you that the show felt like it was running outta steam. Also agreed that Adrian Brody was really kinda meh. The whole toothpick thing and that Corleone impression was a bit much. Wish they would've made his character unique instead a mash-up of mobster cliches from previous films and TV shows. (If anything this season made me want to revisit Boardwalk Empire.)

Aidan "Littlefinger" Gillan as Aberama Gold was a nice yet sadly underused addition to the cast. I got a feeling he and Bonnie will show up next season though, and hopefully he'll have a better wig.

Tom Hardy's Alfie Solomons had some of the best lines. Mixed feelings about how he, again, sold out the Shelby's. That beach ending was perfect for his character though. Good luck, Cyril!

Michael was fucking useless this season. That whole "twist" on Pol's betrayal was weird. Why wouldn't Pol let Michael in on the plan? This plot point felt like a real contrivance. 

That third act in S4E6 was weird. So Tommy tells Eden after dinner that he wants to be part of the Communist party again and then goes on "holiday" for three months, has a bout of, um, "delayed PTSD" (?), sends her a letter, and BOOM in the sack as if it's a week later. WTF?

So S5 is gonna be the final season? Hopefully the whole communist revolution plot doesn't drag and Agent Double OBE, Thomas Shelby has some interesting adventures before he gets his inevitable comeuppance. 

6 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Just finally got around to finishing S4, and I gotta say I agree with you that the show felt like it was running outta steam. Also agreed that Adrian Brody was really kinda meh. The whole toothpick thing and that Corleone impression was a bit much. Wish they would've made his character unique instead a mash-up of mobster cliches from previous films and TV shows. (If anything this season made me want to revisit Boardwalk Empire.)

Aidan "Littlefinger" Gillan as Aberama Gold was a nice yet sadly underused addition to the cast. I got a feeling he and Bonnie will show up next season though, and hopefully he'll have a better wig.

Tom Hardy's Alfie Solomons had some of the best lines. Mixed feelings about how he, again, sold out the Shelby's. That beach ending was perfect for his character though. Good luck, Cyril!

Michael was fucking useless this season. That whole "twist" on Pol's betrayal was weird. Why wouldn't Pol let Michael in on the plan? This plot point felt like a real contrivance. 

That third act in S4E6 was weird. So Tommy tells Eden after dinner that he wants to be part of the Communist party again and then goes on "holiday" for three months, has a bout of, um, "delayed PTSD" (?), sends her a letter, and BOOM in the sack as if it's a week later. WTF?

So S5 is gonna be the final season? Hopefully the whole communist revolution plot doesn't drag and Agent Double OBE, Thomas Shelby has some interesting adventures before he gets his inevitable comeuppance. 

Yup.  This was kinda planned all along -- 5 seasons.  Like was planned for Orphan Black.  Five seasons, max, if they could get them.

But who knows?  Fan service when nobody knows which way to jump, has gotten many an excellent series into shark jumping bad tvlandia.  I hope they don't do this with Peaky Blinders.

• 1 month later...

From the link it is not said certainly there will be two more seasons after season 5, only that perhaps, it might be possible.  I hope not.  I think they're going off track already right now.

17 hours ago, Zorral said:

From the link it is not said certainly there will be two more seasons after season 5, only that perhaps, it might be possible.  I hope not.  I think they're going off track already right now.

I agree. I only came to this the last year and binged all the seasons and the last one felt kind of forced. Let it die young and beautiful.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sam Claflin, Brian Gleeson & More Join Season 5 Of Gangster Epic

Season 5 of Steven Knight’s period crime saga Peaky Blinders has set a host of new cast, including Sam Claflin, Brian Gleeson and the previously announced Anya Taylor-Joy. The BAFTA winning drama that’s led by Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory and Paul Anderson is currently filming with the fifth go-round for the Shelby family expected to air in 2019, moving from its previous BBC Two home to BBC One.

Also new to the series are Neil Maskell (Happy New Year, In Darkness), Kate Dickie (The Cry, The Witch), Cosmo Jarvis (Calm With Horses, Lady Macbeth), Emmett J Scanlan (Butterfly, Safe), Elliot Cowan (The Spanish Princess), Charlene McKenna (Ripper Street), Andrew Koji (Warrior) and Daryl McCormack (A Very English Scandal).

Claflin recently starred in Baltasar Kormakur’s Adrift and is in Jennifer Kent’s Venice Film Festival award winner The Nightingale. Gleeson was last seen in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Phantom Thread. Taylor-Joy recently appeared in BBC/Masterpiece mini The Miniaturist and has M Night Shyamalan’s Glass on deck.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived