Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, IX

Since we are bored as we're waiting for Winds to come out, we need to make a crackpot contest. I haven't got a huge enjoyment since that ones about Tywin being the Dusky Woman and the Piss that was Promise theories.

The Tywin = Dusky Woman won the 2014 crackpot award and the Piss that was Promise won the 2015.

So let's decide which tinfoil wins the best crackpot of this year?

11 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I think religon has too little role in ASOIAF "where are all the stonings or mass kilings of infidels?" "Why are people so tolerant?"

The Starks are overrated

What about Stannis burning the Seven?  He imprisons and later executes Lord Sunderly for opposing the act.  Ser Rambton and his three sons ultimately die for defending the Sept.  It appears that House Rambton is now extinct because of this.  When the Andals invaded Westeros, they burned down most of the southern godswoods, which for a follower of the Old Gods is their temple.  In AFfC, per Arianne, the Red Priests in Qohor attempt to burn down the Temple of the Goat.

6 minutes ago, VicAndTheSquidSquad said:

Dirty secret confession:

I check GRRM's not a blog three times a day hoping for a WoW release date :blush:

When it appears, you will post it in this forum, and all shall love and adore you. 

44 minutes ago, JonCon's Red Beard said:

Whoever gets to first post the WoW announcement will have ETERNAL GLORY.

If we can tell who posted first.  Knowing how this forum is, there will be 10+ threads a day regarding the announcement in the first week.

8 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

I plan on "weaning" myself off the forums and leaving before Season 6 starts, and returning when Winds comes out.  (Spoiler rules be damned.  There were still show watchers that posted show spoilers during Season 5.)

I'm failing miserably.

Same. Let's say Jon is resurrected in episode 3; afterwards, there will be tonnes of threads with new 'theories' about how Jon will come back, no doubt with someone saying 'I doubt that, if season 6 is anything to go by (spoiler)' like I can't guess what that means. I mean how many (season 5 spoilers)

times did people say stuff like, on the topic of Shireen's survival, 'well, considering what happens to her in the series, I doubt she lives for long?

3 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Same. Let's say Jon is resurrected in episode 3; afterwards, there will be tonnes of threads with new 'theories' about how Jon will come back, no doubt with someone saying 'I doubt that, if season 6 is anything to go by (spoiler)' like I can't guess what that means. I mean how many (season 5 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

times did people say stuff like, on the topic of Shireen's survival, 'well, considering what happens to her in the series, I doubt she lives for long?

RE: Spoiler.  Yeah, when I meant Season 5 spoiling things for me, I had just that in mind.  Even if the book does it differently, it's still a spoiler.

2 hours ago, Isobel Harper said:

If we can tell who posted first.  Knowing how this forum is, there will be 10+ threads a day regarding the announcement in the first week.

"I couldn't see a post about this anywhere else..." They post, right above a thread on exactly the same topic.

8 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Since we are bored as we're waiting for Winds to come out, we need to make a crackpot contest. I haven't got a huge enjoyment since that ones about Tywin being the Dusky Woman and the Piss that was Promise theories.

The Tywin = Dusky Woman won the 2014 crackpot award and the Piss that was Promise won the 2015.

So let's decide which tinfoil wins the best crackpot of this year?

Oh god, I had completely forgotten the Piss that was Promised. I didn't see that thread until a few days after it had been posted, but in the mean time every other thread on this site was filled with references to pissing and I was so damn confused.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two very weird theories about Varys, that probably don't deserve a thread of their own:

Theory 1: Varys is an Unsullied, who was bought by Illyrio and now does whatever Illyrio commands him to do. He wears a steel cap that is kind of similar to the ones the Unsullied wear. Yeah, that's basically the only clue I have for this being true...

Theory 2: Varys is a warg who wargs into little birds all over the world and then gets to see a lot of events through their perspective. This is even more crazy, I basically just came up with this, because Varys keeps talking about how his little birds tell him things and I thought, what if he means actual birds.

Thought up some new ones:

1.) I think Illyrio is the only Blackfyre in the series. The only in the male line quote is talking about himself...he's a descendant of Bittersteel+Calla Blackfyre.

2.) By the end of the series the Iron Bank will have it's due.

3.) I'm convinced Gorne's way intersects with the Bran-Cave (also the cave, is now and forever the Bran-Cave)

4.) I personally believe all the "lies" Dany has to slay involve AA pretenders. Stannis isn't, Aegon isn't, Shadow-beast(Tyrion?) isn't. She is simply going to prove they "aren't" by "being" she doesn't have to kill all/any of them. 

5.) Should've put this one before 4... I think the beast spewing shadow fire is our favorite "gargoyle" Tyrion. If he gets a dragon the visual is quite literal, otherwise shadowflame=lies.

On 4/17/2016 at 5:24 PM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Whoever gets to first post the WoW announcement will have ETERNAL GLORY.

Eternal Glory

2 hours ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

Thought up some new ones:

1.) I think Illyrio is the only Blackfyre in the series. The only in the male line quote is talking about himself...he's a descendant of Bittersteel+Calla Blackfyre.

2.) By the end of the series the Iron Bank will have it's due.

3.) I'm convinced Gorne's way intersects with the Bran-Cave (also the cave, is now and forever the Bran-Cave)

4.) I personally believe all the "lies" Dany has to slay involve AA pretenders. Stannis isn't, Aegon isn't, Shadow-beast(Tyrion?) isn't. She is simply going to prove they "aren't" by "being" she doesn't have to kill all/any of them. 

5.) Should've put this one before 4... I think the beast spewing shadow fire is our favorite "gargoyle" Tyrion. If he gets a dragon the visual is quite literal, otherwise shadowflame=lies.

1) Been thinking the same thing myself. Some debts are in blood.

2) It always does.

3) I've also heard it goes all the way to Winterfell. Still going to lol if the Others use Gorne's Way to bypass the Wall.

On 4/18/2016 at 11:35 PM, MaybeINeverSawACamel said:

Lysa and Littlefinger are married on my Sims game, and I named their child Sweet Robin, because my life is boring.

Sims 4 or 3? I have a Sims 3 family with Targaryen silver/gold hair and purple eyes. I haven't played them in forever, though.

On 4/17/2016 at 0:57 PM, Isobel Harper said:

What about Stannis burning the Seven?  He imprisons and later executes Lord Sunderly for opposing the act.  Ser Rambton and his three sons ultimately die for defending the Sept.  It appears that House Rambton is now extinct because of this.  When the Andals invaded Westeros, they burned down most of the southern godswoods, which for a follower of the Old Gods is their temple.  In AFfC, per Arianne, the Red Priests in Qohor attempt to burn down the Temple of the Goat.

No one expects the Stannis Inquisition.

9 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Eternal Glory

1) Been thinking the same thing myself. Some debts are in blood.

2) It always does.

3) I've also heard it goes all the way to Winterfell. Still going to lol if the Others use Gorne's Way to bypass the Wall.

3) Don't forget the BWB cave and wherever the woods witch nests under High Heart. 

Archived