Your Random ASOIAF/TWOIAF/D&E Opinions, Confessions and Dirty Secrets, IX

1 hour ago, khal drogon said:

Seriously a great king? His pride is worse than the worst of the Targaryens. He was a smarter Aerys II in my opinion. His treatment of the Reynes is no better than Aerys' treatment of the Starks. He would keep order through 'fear'. That's not the quality of a good king.

Who let Pycelle in here? 

3 hours ago, khal drogon said:

Seriously a great king? His pride is worse than the worst of the Targaryens. He was a smarter Aerys II in my opinion. His treatment of the Reynes is no better than Aerys' treatment of the Starks. He would keep order through 'fear'. That's not the quality of a good king.

Plus a great king would care about the people he is ruling. Tywin doesn't care about the lords or small folks not named Lannister he sees them as objects that has no rights or feelings. Tywin would make a horrible king. 

I dunno if this is acceptable but I'll write down what I'd like to happen in the next book.

Spoiler

I'd love to see a mystery knight appear during the Vale's Tourney. So far we haven't seen appear during the tourney's of the current events taking place and only heard of them from past occurrences.

17 hours ago, myhalfgroat said:

Tywin Lannister would have made a great king. he's like the strict school principle. sure, no none likes him but he isn't supposed to be liked; he's supposed to ensure every kid get to class and gets an education.

Heh, heh, yeah, he might have had the potential to have been a great King. Alas, I fear that his commitment and dedication to fulfilling his role as father of the year would have stood in the way of his abilities to rule the kingdom efficiently though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, khal drogon said:

I feel a lot of people here will be disappointed in someway with the future books with the amount of people believing certain theories to be true. There is a chance the next books will get way more hate than ADWD and AFFC.

I am looking forward to reading the next book very slowly to see what theories will be proved and what will be disproved. 

28 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I am looking forward to reading the next book very slowly to see what theories will be proved and what will be disproved. 

The problem is sometimes the theories itselves are too fascinating to be not true.

52 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

The problem is sometimes the theories itselves are too fascinating to be not true.

I find most theories in the fandom stupid,dull, and annoying. That's why I never go into threads discussing theories cause I don't have the patience and I feel that I would simply call it stupid which is a mean and I don't want to be mean to the posters. 

I love Rhaegar and Lyanna because they gave me Jon and because ones a Stark and the other is a Targaryen which are my favorite houses. 

Robb is the only Stark kid I ever wanted to see ruling Winterfell/North and now that he's dead I don't care who gets it as long as it's not Jon. 

Jaime is a monster. 

I wouldn't care if Brienne died.

I hate Joanna for irrational reasons. 

I want for GRRM to write more about Rhaella

2 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I find most theories in the fandom stupid,dull, and annoying. That's why I never go into threads discussing theories cause I don't have the patience and I feel that I would simply call it stupid which is a mean and I don't want to be mean to the posters.  

That's fine. I agree there are a set of annoying theories and some mindblowingly ridiculous. But there are some valid and interesting theories which had already divided the fandom like the Pink letter theories. I am talking about those.

Archived