Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I forgot to drop back in here post SWC and now it's been an extra month and a half. Man, Rogue One looks awesome though. Maybe even better than TFA.

Don't be shy to say it. Since I only kinda liked TFA I think I will like Rogue One better.

14 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Don't be shy to say it. Since I only kinda liked TFA I think I will like Rogue One better.

The Force Awakens grows on my each time I see it, although I still have a few issues. Rogue One just looks phenomenal though. And IMO it actually has a really EU feel to it, too. Hopefully it will be a great first step into the broader SW universe in live-action, because in some ways the scope of the main trilogies can be limiting. 

On 30 August 2016 at 8:07 PM, ab aeterno said:

I forgot to drop back in here post SWC and now it's been an extra month and a half. Man, Rogue One looks awesome though. Maybe even better than TFA.

That's not exactly hard.

9 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I love a good stop-motion action figure parody as much as the next geek. But Lucasfilm/Disney marketing could at least wait until the damn film is in theaters!

A theatre is a place you go to experience a different world, so you could say our minds are theatres. That means that Rogue One is already in theatres, from a certain point of view.

9 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

That's not exactly hard.

The more I watch Sky's 24/7 Star Wars marathon, and watch the OT over and over again, the higher TFA rises.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

A theatre is a place you go to experience a different world, so you could say our minds are theatres. That means that Rogue One is already in theatres, from a certain point of view.

The more I watch Sky's 24/7 Star Wars marathon, and watch the OT over and over again, the higher TFA rises.

(whiny Luke voice) A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW???

37 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

The only film I like TFA more than is Episode II tbh.

I suspect you'll find yourself in a small minority in that opinion :P

14 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

(whiny Luke voice) A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW???

"Yes, Luke, for example, from your father's point of view, the Jedi were evil... He, uh... he was not a smart man."

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

The only film I like TFA more than is Episode II tbh.

I have the original as number one for pure nostalgia reasons. Nothing in my life will ever give me the same experience again. Empire is probably objectively the better movie, but It has to be second in my book, which places The Force Awakens firmly in third place for me. 

I have seen TFA 26 times now. It is by far my favorite movie of the decade, and the best theatre experience I have had since I was a child. I'm expecting Rogue One to be not as much of an impact for me, but it still looks like one hell of a movie. I get more exited each and every week.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Damn you for drudging up that terrible dialogue. I'd blocked it from my conscious memory, and when I read that it all came flooding back like a sith colored nightmare. Noooooo!

33 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Damn you for drudging up that terrible dialogue. I'd blocked it from my conscious memory, and when I read that it all came flooding back like a sith colored nightmare. Noooooo!

No! That's not true! That's impossible!

4 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Was he then lost?

He was indeed. Even after he brought peace to his new Empire. 

TFA is one of the few films I have seen in the cinema more an once, and I loved it both times and didn't regret paying the ticket price in the slightest. Also watched it on DVD a few times and even after the whole "wow, Star Wars" reaction had calmed down I still love it. For me it is either first or second in my list (the other top spot contender being ESB)

tFA worked perfectly for me, it paid it's respects to the originals trilogy (some felt too much, not my view,) whilst feeling fresh and modern. It needed to placate old fans and bring in new, and it did that very well. With the exception of Harry Potter, I've not really been around an evolving series where the characters feel important to me and I care about them, like I do about the new cast of Star Wars.

Archived