Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Let's face it, we all want to see Stormtroopers being beaten up with a stick.

Which is why the Ewoks are so damn popular.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If you don't like the title, please log your complaints with @Pony Queen Jace's department of IDGAF.

That's certainly one way of dealing with orthography.:P

19 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Is Jiang Wen's character wearing Mandalorian armor?

I don't know, but I am hoping one of the team members is a Mandalorian. In fact, I wish Donnie Yen plays a Mandalorian. He doesn't have to wear that, imo, overused armor :leaving:. He can just be a badass Mandalorian with awesome martial skills. And if not Yen, then Whitaker.

Oops.  Was catching up on the other thread and posted there forgetting this was here, so I'll repost the question:

How long until we start getting the whole, "Where are all of these Rogue One Characters in the Original Trilogy?  Why didn't any of them show up in Episode VII?"  Don't mock.  You know people will ask.

From the old thread,

Hopefully the answer is that most of the main characters end up dead. Both because it would tie up loose ends and because it'd be interesting having such a dark Star Wars movie. And for the secondary characters, there might be a lot more of the old actors/look-alikes of the old actors in it than just whoever's playing Mon Mothma.

Maybe it's an "They all give their lives for the mission" movie?

I was positively drooling over that trailer though, more so than the TFA trailers. This movie from the trailer at least just looks damn good.

ETA:

Ninja'd by Fez by seconds :P

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Oops.  Was catching up on the other thread and posted there forgetting this was here, so I'll repost the question:

How long until we start getting the whole, "Where are all of these Rogue One Characters in the Original Trilogy?  Why didn't any of them show up in Episode VII?"  Don't mock.  You know people will ask.

Well the female lead has already been rumored to be either young Phasma or Rey's mom, and one of the male leads is Poe's dad. It's so obvious Jax!

3 minutes ago, Leap said:

Title should be ''Rogue One: Rogue Two, Standing By'' :P and all further threads an extrapolation of this.

Easy now Leap. You're a comment away from getting the Delmon Young special. 

9 minutes ago, Leap said:

Is that a euphemism?

Pretty much. It's the act of threatening to slap someone in the face with money while being naked from the waist down. :P

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14741413/free-agent-outfielder-delmon-young-arrested-charged-battery

33 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It's a pretty big galaxy and presumably a pretty big rebellion, so they could conceivably be rebelling somewhere else. Or they all die in Rogue One.

After rewatching the trailer a couple of times I gotta say that "I rebel" line sticks out like a sore thumb. It's might work better in the movie but it's kinda bad in the trailer.

37 minutes ago, Leap said:

I've already seen and heard people ask these questions. 

My only response is ''You're confusing Star Wars with Star Trek again''

Trek?  What?  Why? 

And there better be some definitive deaths or there is always going to be fan boys going nuts on how "X" actually survived...

42 minutes ago, Fez said:

Posting in an old thread after the new one has been started?

You've failed me for the last time.

This reminds me that I hope to see Vader not just be a total badass against the good guys but also be his old unabashed self when he punishes Imperial officers. For example, the grand admiral guy that Ben Mendelsohn plays ends up letting the Rebels succeed in their mission, and then he is forced to change name and rank.

In my excitement over Forest Whitaker and Ben Mendelsohn I forgot to mention how awesome it is that Diego Luna's in this. The only way this can get better is if Gael Garcia Bernal were to make a cameo.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well the female lead has already been rumored to be either young Phasma or Rey's mom, and one of the male leads is Poe's dad. It's so obvious Jax!

This was before she grew by a foot in the time between movies?

It wouldn't surprise me too much if she did turn out to be Rey's mum since everyone important seems to be connected to each other in the Star Wars movies, but I think it's unnecessary to have that sort of link between the films.

Archived