Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

11 minutes ago, williamjm said:

This was before she grew by a foot in the time between movies?

It wouldn't surprise me too much if she did turn out to be Rey's mum since everyone important seems to be connected to each other in the Star Wars movies, but I think it's unnecessary to have that sort of link between the films.

Lol. I literally said the exact same thing on the first Youtube comment I replied to.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The old thread is over 400 posts, and I haven't made a thread in a while. If you don't like the title, please log your complaints with @Pony Queen Jace's department of IDGAF.

Continue...

... :angry:

1 hour ago, Leap said:

Title should be ''Rogue One: Rogue Two, Standing By'' :P and all further threads an extrapolation of this.

I've already seen and heard people ask these questions. 

My only response is ''You're confusing Star Wars with Star Trek again''

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

1 hour ago, Leap said:

Is that a euphemism?

Simply Red, Standing By

1 hour ago, Fez said:

27 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Seems like Pony Queen Jace gives several fucks after all.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

In my excitement over Forest Whitaker and Ben Mendelsohn I forgot to mention how awesome it is that Diego Luna's in this. The only way this can get better is if Gael Garcia Bernal were to make a cameo.

and Mads has yet to appear. The casting is strong compared to TFA in terms of established actors.

As to connections I'm on the side of "they all die" over "they survive and spawn the next gen" simply because it gives weight to ep IV. Although it makes continuity easier too.

Someone upthread mentioed Vader being badass in terms of dealing with failure. I think that one's a double edged sword in the sense I can't see how he can be prominent in the film without being ultimately responsible for the failure. His presence usually suggests he is in charge, although in EP IV he did seem more of an advisor. A win-win scenario is that he turns up in a supervisory role, they ignore his suggestions, he goes in and clean up the mess (and the cast) as best he can, fails to stop the plans escaping and leaves thinking "the next time an underling doubts me, I'm cutting through the bullshit and force-choking them"

10 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Why would Tarkin be blue? That is presumably Tarkin right?

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

1 hour ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Dude...

That is a perfect Grand Admiral uniform.

Ben Mendelsohn looks incredible. I do not doubt he will be great.

Just would of love to see Thrawn in that.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I'm totes hoping that the reason we haven't seen Mads yet is that he's playing Tarkin and they're holding back the revelation.

I'll spoiler the following as it's discussing an old rumour/leak about who Mads is playing.

I'm pleased the rumour about Mads playing the mad scientist who designed the Death Star and now wants to destroy it appears to be false. It never sat well with me that they'd need to go on a mission when, as the designer, he could just tell them. I guess he might still be the designer of the Death Star but maybe they have to break him free or capture him?

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Too young to be Tarkin - we see Tarkin at the end of ROTS with overseeing the construction of the Death Star (well before Rogue One, judging by the state of the station) - and he's already much older.

As for the blue, that would be for Grand Admiral Thrawn, who was probably the single most popular EU character before Disney. Revan might be almost as popular these days. 

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I should point out now that I meant to type Thrawn and just got the wrong name in when people were talking about blue guys and Tarkin.

Mads should be Thrawn.

Ha, nobody is doubting your nerdism. I'm hoping Mads is just some kind of assassin for Ben or something.

Read a rumor on either IMDB or wikipedia that Tarkin will be played by... Peter Cushing. Through cgi, few in-motion close-ups, stock footage, and audio from his body of work.

IDK, they pretty much pulled it of in Fast & Furious 8, so eh?

Archived