Rogue One: 2 Rebellious 2 Fail

Mr. Chatywin et al.

4 hours ago, Guess who's back said:

Not hyped  about this... And not even sure if I'm going to watch this at all. Has that YA novel feel about it.

Because if it has a woman lead it is YA, right?  Maybe they will throw in some Ewoks to make it more adult for the old school fanbois.

1 hour ago, Bonesy said:

Read a rumor on either IMDB or wikipedia that Tarkin will be played by... Peter Cushing. Through cgi, few in-motion close-ups, stock footage, and audio from his body of work.

IDK, they pretty much pulled it of in Fast & Furious 8, so eh?

I heard the same rumor. I hope it's true, you can't have a movie dealing with the construction of and theft of the Death Star without Tarkin.  I just hope it's done well. 

1 hour ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I heard the same rumor. I hope it's true, you can't have a movie dealing with the construction of and theft of the Death Star without Tarkin.  I just hope it's done well. 

I wonder if they'd find some reason for someone to comment on his smell. :lol:

4 hours ago, SkynJay said:

Because if it has a woman lead it is YA, right?  Maybe they will throw in some Ewoks to make it more adult for the old school fanbois.

Yeah, I am noticing the trend among disgruntled fanboys who think they are clever is to compare this movie to the Hunger Games... because all woman leads are the same interchangeable person, I guess. I do wonder why we're getting this criticism now instead of when TFA came out, though. Did it just take a bit for them to come up with this super witty direction of criticism?

A movie about a group of people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s is just like a YA novel.  Suuuure.

Anyway,  I think it looks very promising.  Very excited for it.  With this and Fantastic Beasts coming out later this year its looking to be an enjoyable end of the year for movies.

5 hours ago, Summerfell said:

Yeah, I am noticing the trend among disgruntled fanboys who think they are clever is to compare this movie to the Hunger Games... because all woman leads are the same interchangeable person, I guess. I do wonder why we're getting this criticism now instead of when TFA came out, though. Did it just take a bit for them to come up with this super witty direction of criticism?

Oh it was a thing.  Plenty of angry nerds were up in arms over Rey as the main character and the audacity of casting a black dude as someone other than a character that says "Damn!  Shit!  and That is whack!"

42 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Oh it was a thing.  Plenty of angry nerds were up in arms over Rey as the main character and the audacity of casting a black dude as someone other than a character that says "Damn!  Shit!  and That is whack!"

Kylo Ren:Finn, you are an intelligent, insightful human being who doesn't get the credit or recognition that he deserves.

Finn: Man, I'm so glad you said that 'cause I've been meaning to talk to you about...

Kylor Ren: Sorry, gotta go!

6 hours ago, Summerfell said:

I've seen some criticism of the trailer for having "another teenage female lead". Daisy Ridley was 24 and Felicity Jones is 32, so I'm not really sure where this is coming from either.

Aside from general idiocy, of course.

Then you point out that Carrie Fischer was age 20-26 during the original trilogy.

"She wasn't the lead though!"

1. She was just as badass as Rey and probably Jyn.

2. Who, truly, in any of these movies is the "lead" anyway? There are basically 3 "leads" in 1,4,5,6,7 and at least two in 2,3.

"But GIRLS!!!"

Seeing people complain about the female leads just makes me facepalm. Like, I get the fact that you don't want a beloved franchise twisted just to meet the socio-cultural trends of the current mainstream masses, but that isn't what's going on here. This isn't a 3rd wave feminist conspiracy. Rey and Jyn are just girl characters. They're just simply girls, who happen to be important in the movie. Hollywood isn't trying to use them to force feminism into star wars. They aren't the first badass women in star wars (Bastila, Kreia, Mara Jade, Leia, etc...) and its not like the cast is all women either. We saw two females in the Rogue One trailer: Mon Mothma and Jyn Erso. Two. Literally everybody else is male.

Honestly, I'm not one for this whole ultra-liberal SJW movement that's going on recently, in fact, I'm almost completely against it, so I am not trying to defend them or destroy Star Wars, but seriously this isn't part of some conspiracy. I've seen about a thousand youtube comments complaining that feminists are "ruining star warzzz" because we have like 2 main female leads in the past year. Who cares if they're girls?! What difference does it make?

Sorry. Just had to get this off my chest...

Hurray a mystery quote box

But seriously though, Fett is basically asexual to this point and a fringe character poular enough to get his own movie.

Wouldn't have to be ham-fisted or anything. Like the one scene with Major Rawls in The Wire.

Wouldn't affect anything but the male rage-nerds.

Archived