Red Wedding 2.0??

Anna Marzo

So, in the trailer that has just been released, there were a few things that caught my eye.

We know almost for sure Brienne will meet with Sansa while she is escaping Bolton's men. We also know Sansa wants revenge for her family, and in the latest trailer while she talks about it, Littlefinger seems a bit... surprised. He has a strange expression on his face.

Then, we see a shot of Brienne with a Tully flag behind her (1'31''). So she suddenly went from the North to the Riverlands... the question is "why?". And then we see what I thought was a flashback of the Red Wedding... until @Neptuniumpointed out there were Lannister men there. (http://imgur.com/kwpgIh4) So probably Lord Frey has found himself a new wife.

Is it possible we finally see some revenge for the Red Wedding? Frey and Lannister men reunited seems like a great moment for it.

9 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I wish we could have the Manderlys and Freypie this season...

Maybe they'll have Frey pie at this wedding... and when the pie is served and they begin to eat, that could be the cue for the Starks (Umbers? whoever is taking this revenge?) to attack—like the Rains of Castamere was the cue at the Red Wedding. 

Just now, dbunting said:

Not likely, it has been way too long to bring her back now.

I disagree, I think it is the perfect time to bring her back. They have completely ignored the Riverlands as a whole for awhile now. It would have been dumb to introduce her to then ignore her for an entire season. Fans would have gone crazy. It would have been worse than leaving Bran out for a season. Now that the Riverlands is coming back into focus it is the absolute perfect time to introduce her if they ever were going to (still doubt they will but I hope).

2 minutes ago, DireGhost said:

I disagree, I think it is the perfect time to bring her back. They have completely ignored the Riverlands as a whole for awhile now. It would have been dumb to introduce her to then ignore her for an entire season. Fans would have gone crazy. It would have been worse than leaving Bran out for a season. Now that the Riverlands is coming back into focus it is the absolute perfect time to introduce her if they ever were going to (still doubt they will but I hope).

Look at where we are in the story. Does it make sense to go back and start showing the brother hood without banners again and then lead into LSH? Couldn't be done in less than 2-3 episodes or it would feel like it was forced. So now we are into the 4th episode before she can really do anything, season ends 6 episodes later and D&D keep saying less than 15 episodes are left after this season. So, with Dany in the south coming, and death coming from the north in a total of say 18 episodes, what true impact would she have, and would it be worth the time and screen space to put her into it? There are already a ton of characters to take vengeance for the Starks, no need to add another.

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Look at where we are in the story. Does it make sense to go back and start showing the brother hood without banners again and then lead into LSH? Couldn't be done in less than 2-3 episodes or it would feel like it was forced. So now we are into the 4th episode before she can really do anything, season ends 6 episodes later and D&D keep saying less than 15 episodes are left after this season. So, with Dany in the south coming, and death coming from the north in a total of say 18 episodes, what true impact would she have, and would it be worth the time and screen space to put her into it? There are already a ton of characters to take vengeance for the Starks, no need to add another.

The BwB is happening. They may not be called that but the group will be back based on the post above about Thoros. If they are back, I want LSH. What impact would she have? Jamie Lannister could be impacted by her....

Just now, dbunting said:

I really hope not. I don't see the need. Let Sansa be the one to give the order, or even Arya. Just seems so far past her death, over two seasons ago for petes sake!

I totally get your reasoning, I just think it will have the opposite affect. Non-book readers have basically forgotten about her. Like you said it has been over 2 seasons. THAT is precisely why the shock value of her coming back would be SO huge. D&D eat up shock value.

Archived