Red Wedding 2.0??

Anna Marzo

21 hours ago, W. Wrycthen said:

Likely. It seems a priority to them to cut out all of the fan favorite characters.

Yep, all the fan favorites have been cut after being prioritized. Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Dany, Bronn, Deloros Edd, Ned, Bran, Sansa, Jaime, Ghost, Nymeria, Drogon....all cut.

There are only a few chapters she is actually in. It's funny how offended people are about some minor character being absent, who most readers disliked when she was alive!

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, RadSam said:

Here's hoping Lady Stoneheart gatecrashes.

I think a better scene would be Lady Stoneheart finding out that R+L=J and then doing the best undead facepalm in history and then mumbling under her breath "man, I am a total cunt"

9 hours ago, YOVMO said:

I think a better scene would be Lady Stoneheart finding out that R+L=J and then doing the best undead facepalm in history and then mumbling under her breath "man, I am a total cunt"

:lmao:

On April 18, 2016 at 1:37 PM, dbunting said:

Look at where we are in the story. Does it make sense to go back and start showing the brother hood without banners again and then lead into LSH? Couldn't be done in less than 2-3 episodes or it would feel like it was forced. So now we are into the 4th episode before she can really do anything, season ends 6 episodes later and D&D keep saying less than 15 episodes are left after this season. So, with Dany in the south coming, and death coming from the north in a total of say 18 episodes, what true impact would she have, and would it be worth the time and screen space to put her into it? There are already a ton of characters to take vengeance for the Starks, no need to add another.

Did it make sense to introduce her in season 4 or 5 when she would have only gotten one relevant scene?

12 hours ago, lancerman said:

Did it make sense to introduce her in season 4 or 5 when she would have only gotten one relevant scene?

IF they had introduced her back then it wouldn't have been for one scene, they would have used her more, otherwise why introduce her?

9 hours ago, dbunting said:

IF they had introduced her back then it wouldn't have been for one scene, they would have used her more, otherwise why introduce her?

Then they would have been making up material that wasn't in the book for the sake of it. And everyone complains that LSH is  taking up scenes that could be used for another storyline.

Well I don't personally think LSH is going to be included, but remember that Ser Dontos was absent for the whole period from his introduction to him giving Sansa the necklace.

There were already theories that Shae would take on his role in Sansa's escape in the show, but still when the time came, he was there.

Considering this I would not say that it is impossible for LSH to show up.

This has been the season of 'shocking' (for unsullied) dead character returns:

Spoiler

Jon, Benjen, and Sandor.

I wouldn't put it past D&D to bring her back. As to the purpose, I think it is better when fans can't figure out a good reason for a plot to play out a certain way - it makes the twist that much better. Maybe D&D/GRRM have a trick up their sleeve, a LSH key moment that sets up the endgame. And even if not, the fact that not every plotline sets up the end could be good too. Think about it, how many times in history has a major event happened where everybody was moving toward it? Usually, people make decisions and carry on their lives until the event occurs, with most of them reacting to the fallout, if they even know something happened. So it makes sense that there are still factions like the BWB that are furthering their agenda under their new ruthless leader just to show that most of the world is oblivious to the fact that there are much larger issues coming very soon.

Archived