TOWER OF JOY AND ARTHUR DAYNE ARE HERE!!!

goomba

The long and anticipated scene that will explain the birth of Jon!!!

And we finally get to see why Arthur Dayne was said to be the best swordsman of all time in Westeros that has yet to be matched in current GOT series!!

The Deadliest swordfighter and killer that Westeros had ever seen!!

We can see glimpses of him here and he already looks badass with the couple of seconds he's shown!!!

at :59 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

and at :17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrhgVFTI6I

:D:D

I know and am excited for his appearance and the ToJ flashback, but I don't want to believe that is Arthur Dayne. First of all, why isn't he in Kingsguard armor? In the show (not the books) all Kingsguard wear the gold armor, all of them. If they were trying to avoid detection, why wear identifying armor at all, especially Targ related armor? They would be in Dorne, I'm sure any Dornish house would help the Sword of the Morning conceal himself with plain armor. Then the reveal would be even better. And secondly, more importantly, is that regular looking sword supposed to be Dawn? If it is, I am done with the show because that it just pathetic compared to their rendering of the Other's blades.

2 hours ago, StoneyTargaryen said:

I know and am excited for his appearance and the ToJ flashback, but I don't want to believe that is Arthur Dayne. First of all, why isn't he in Kingsguard armor? In the show (not the books) all Kingsguard wear the gold armor, all of them. If they were trying to avoid detection, why wear identifying armor at all, especially Targ related armor? They would be in Dorne, I'm sure any Dornish house would help the Sword of the Morning conceal himself with plain armor. Then the reveal would be even better. And secondly, more importantly, is that regular looking sword supposed to be Dawn? If it is, I am done with the show because that it just pathetic compared to their rendering of the Other's blades.

I don't think he'll have his sword in the show. I doubt it will have any impact in the story. They can even recon it by saying  Dawn was a fantasy. Like Excalibur and King Arthur. Unless it was mentioned in the show. Or even have him leave it with his family since he knows that he is pretty much dead after Rhaeger lost. Anyway, the guy is kicking ass at least. That's what's important.

2 hours ago, jbob said:

I don't think he'll have his sword in the show. I doubt it will have any impact in the story. They can even recon it by saying  Dawn was a fantasy. Like Excalibur and King Arthur. Unless it was mentioned in the show. Or even have him leave it with his family since he knows that he is pretty much dead after Rhaeger lost. Anyway, the guy is kicking ass at least. That's what's important.

That would be EXTREMELY disappointing. Plus, I do believe that Dawn was at least mentioned in the show but I don't remember. I might be wrong, but if D&D cut Dawn entirely, I am really not watching. Arthur Dayne is one of my favorite characters, and the ancestral blade of House Dayne is paramount to his iconic legacy, especially in that scene.

1 hour ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I hope thats not Arthur Dayne. Specially dual wielding.

Why would you need two swords when you have Dawn?

This. Never even crossed my mind that it could be Dayne because he was dual wielding. I agree 100%, he'd have Dawn and thus no need for another sword. "No man has need of candles when the sun awaits him". If they cut Dawn, might as well cut Arthur too because what's the point of having the Sword of the Morning wield regular, probably not even Valyrian, steel. Or worse, they make up a VS blade for him for no reason. Gross.

2 hours ago, jbob said:

"Legendary Fighter:  A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back.  The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn’t specified, unlike many other roles."

I think Dawn is in. Besides the hilt on swords like Longclaw and Oathkeeper, I never noticed the difference between valerian steel and regular steel swords, so Dawn's description in the show doesn't bother me.

2 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

"Legendary Fighter:  A man in his thirties or forties who is a great swordsman and a paragon of knighthood. He carries a hugely famous sword on his back.  The show is seeking a very impressive swordsman for the role- the best in Europe, for a week of filming fight scenes for a season 6 role. His ethnicity/race isn’t specified, unlike many other roles."

I think Dawn is in. Besides the hilt on swords like Longclaw and Oathkeeper, I never noticed the difference between valerian steel and regular steel swords, so Dawn's description in the show doesn't bother me.

It says he carries it on his back. So maybe he doesn't use it in that battle for some reason.

People complaining about the Targ armour or the dual-wielding or the lack of Dawn need a seriously healthy dose of perspective. The important thing about this scene is we get some impression that he's here to guard someone, and that because he's guarding someone very important, he wasn't able to be on the Trident, or in King's Landing defending the King, or across the narrow sea defending the King's children. If they get that right, who cares what armour he's wearing? Maybe the Kingsguard armour changed between the time of Aerys and the time of Robert in the show's cannon, and what harm would that do? And if Dawn is so important to Arthur Dayne's character, then he's not much of a character.

Seriously people, wake up, and look at the big picture. Just be happy we're getting this sequence at all.

I'm excited for the Tower of Joy sequence, but I seriously doubt that person in the trailer with the Targaryen armor is Arthur Dayne, and for all the reasons already posted above on this thread.

7 minutes ago, Mr Smith said:

People complaining about the Targ armour or the dual-wielding or the lack of Dawn need a seriously healthy dose of perspective. The important thing about this scene is we get some impression that he's here to guard someone, and that because he's guarding someone very important, he wasn't able to be on the Trident, or in King's Landing defending the King, or across the narrow sea defending the King's children. If they get that right, who cares what armour he's wearing? Maybe the Kingsguard armour changed between the time of Aerys and the time of Robert in the show's cannon, and what harm would that do? And if Dawn is so important to Arthur Dayne's character, then he's not much of a character.

Seriously people, wake up, and look at the big picture. Just be happy we're getting this sequence at all.

First off, it's pretty short-sighted to even assume that the only person in non-Stark gear we've seen so far in the promos must be Arthur Dayne. It could just be another guard in service, and not even necessarily a member of the Kingsguard. But I will concede it's probably likely supposed to be at least someone standing in for a Kingsguard from the books. But the Arthur Dayne casting notice gives legitimate reason to hope and believe that the character will match the book much more than this figure in the trailer would appear to.

Also, to suggest Dawn is not a huge part of Arthur Dayne's character?! Really?!

2 minutes ago, MercyTheBlindUglyLittleCat said:

First off, it's pretty short-sighted to even assume that the only person in non-Stark gear we've seen so far in the promos must be Arthur Dayne. It could just be another guard in service, and not even necessarily a member of the Kingsguard. But I will concede it's probably likely supposed to be at least someone standing in for a Kingsguard from the books. But the Arthur Dayne casting notice gives legitimate reason to hope and believe that the character will match the book much more than this figure in the trailer would appear to.

Who else would it be? Oswell Whent or Gerold Hightower? They're still both Kingsguard. The point I was making is that it doesn't really matter whether it is Dayne or not, and the complaints about the lack of Dawn or what kind of armour he's wearing is the height of nitpicking. Ask yourself what's more valuable; getting every detail right to appease book fans, or using a few visual cues to make it clear to everyone where this barely-mentioned-before character's allegiance lies?

Also, if this isn't Arthur Dayne, then where is he? Surely he should have featured in at least one of the 3 snapshots we've been given of the ToJ scene to this point.

I kinda like the idea of taking out Gerold Hightower and Oswell Whent of ToJ sequence and leaving Arthur Dayne as the only Kingsguard defending Lyanna. Even though it is kinda unrealistic that he defeats all northmen by himself, it makes him that much of a badass. Storywise it also makes us as the audience to ask what the best warrior of Kingsguard is doing in Dornish desert and not guarding his king or his heirs...Unless...

You get my meaning, if they capture the essence of this flashback, I will be a happy camper and will not care much about what armor he is wearing (looks like Kingsguard armor to me, a little bit different, sure, but it makes sense that original Kingsguard armor includes Targaryen sigil on the chest since this is the dynasty that created the organization, while current Kingsguard's colors are gold to match those of House Baratheon).

And don't worry guys, we have seen only 2-3 seconds of the whole flashback, I am pretty sure Arthur Dayne will use other weapons to show off his badass sword skills, but when shit gets really messy, he will unsheathe Dawn and wreak some havoc. Remember, Dawn is as strong as Valyrian steel, so that means the only match to Arthur's Dawn in that whole sequence will be Ned Stark's Ice. I think they are saving Dawn for the end of the fight.

And also keep in mind that the northman Arthur impales in the new trailer is all by himself, which either means the others are all dead or defeated or they are preoccupied with other Kingsguards. I am leaning towards the latter, as I do not see 6-7 northmen unable to surround and end one man, there gotta be some help on Arthur's side. So there is still some hope for Whent and Hightower.

I mean, even cinematically, there HAS to be more than Arthur Dayne there. Just for the simple fact that Ned Stark is there. They need to show a little Ned Stark badassness, and what better way than showing Ned killing the Lord Commander of Kingsguard Gerold Hightower before turning his attention to Arthur Dayne?

If they dont have Hightower and Whent I will be disappointed, but in all honesty Im gonna be to hype up when they confirm my dawg Jon Snow as Prince Jon Targaryen. Rightful King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and of the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Muthaf%$king Realm!!!! BOW DOWN BITCHESS!!!!

We coming at chu Bastard King Tommen Waters!!!( He really is a Waters right? I can't remember the Crownlands bastard surnames )

No but in all seriousness, I don't I would care too much :)

Seems pretty obvious they are not giving too much away from those scenes. I think most show watchers may not be even beware that the tower of joy is an important scene or that it even happened. Book readers know though. So they kind of want to keep both sides hyped for what it could mean. Which is why we see the Targ Sigil. I also read somewhere that the KG armor changed once the IT went to House Baratheon to reflect the allegiance to their house instead of the Targs which is why the KG wears the Targ sigil in the flashback. They have included a lot of the great swords but cut others so I am curious if we will see Dawn or not. I really hope so, but then again I have been hoping to see Dark Sister and Blackfyre. Fingers crossed they nail this though...

People that first clip could CLEARLY be Arthur Dayne.

Ned said he almost died to Ser Arthur Dayne and the first clip shows a pissed off kingsguard member who stabs what appears to be a young and ferocious Ned Stark in the torso.

His sword doesn’t really scream “Dawn” and looks like a normal Broadsword but who knows, maybe Dawn is smaller in the show :D

Btw the kingsguard armor here looks great! Looks much more realistic and battle-tested compared to the really shiny/fruity armor that is worn by current pansy kingsguard :D

Aerys kings guard were clearly chosen elite with practical armor to suit warfare, as opposed to this millennial generation of kings guard :D

Given the casting call makes a big deal about the sword, I highly doubt the first clip is Dayne.  Possibly the one from the second trailer, but it again doesn't really match the sword from the casting call.

Of course, there are 3 knights that are supposed to be there.  I have no doubt we'll see Dayne.  I just don't think either of the two we've seen are him.

12 minutes ago, goomba said:

People that first clip could CLEARLY be Arthur Dayne.

Ned said he almost died to Ser Arthur Dayne and the first clip shows a pissed off kingsguard member who stabs what appears to be a young and ferocious Ned Stark in the torso.

His sword doesn’t really scream “Dawn” and looks like a normal Broadsword but who knows, maybe Dawn is smaller in the show :D

Btw the kingsguard armor here looks great! Looks much more realistic and battle-tested compared to the really shiny/fruity armor that is worn by current pansy kingsguard :D

Aerys kings guard were clearly chosen elite with practical armor to suit warfare, as opposed to this millennial generation of kings guard :D

Whoever he stabbed in that clip is now more similar to a kebab than a live person.

21 hours ago, Destroyer of Nations said:

I have to admit I'm looking forward to meet Ser Arthur Dayne.

I want to see what happened at the ToJ as well, despite not being a big fan of the most popular theory.

Me too

Archived