Author claims female masturbation leads to a "direct path to Satan."

DireWolfSpirit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mack-major-masturbation-satan_us_570c47cae4b01422324a02ee

Lolololol, this sounds like something you might expect out of of a fundy Ayatollah, but apparently this guy (Mack Major) is American author. One has to wonder if he time traveled to us from 17th century Salem? From the Huffpost article-

There are such things as sex demons. And the danger in masturbating is that one could inadvertently summon a sex demon to attach itself to you through the act of masturbating. And once that demon attaches, it is difficult to get it to leave. It will drive you to masturbate, even when you don’t want to. You’ll be hit with urges to play with yourself so powerful that only an orgasm will allow you some temporary relief.”

He also wants us to know that dildo sex toys have been used in demonic rituals. A part of me hopes the authorities are keeping this one under surveillance (scary).

Meh, honestly this doesn't seem all that shocking to me.  The christian faith has long been invested in controlling people's sexuality, especially female sexuality.  A general scan over the article looks a lot like a sunday-as-usual sermon of several branches of christianity, and has actually been a topic of conversation recently in a training class (with several foster parents who believe children who masturbate are walking with Satan).  

I've been to several churches recently and have had to sit through some truly horrifying sermons that make Mr. Mack's clitoral orgasm demons look fairly mild and almost reasonable.  

is it limited to self-stimulation, or will the demons attach on account of the manual stimulation of another?  and, if so, to whom do the demons attach--the stimulator or the stimulated?

i'd like to think that the helpful priest would suggest an effective apotropaic prophylaxis, up to and including exorcism of the demon from the afflicted genitals, but perhaps that'd be too humane.

this is an intense set of theological questions, up there with homoousios v. homoiousios or how many angels fit on a pin.

2 hours ago, sologdin said:

is it limited to self-stimulation, or will the demons attach on account of the manual stimulation of another?  and, if so, to whom do the demons attach--the stimulator or the stimulated?

Good question.   I was also curious if the demon comes if said stimulation is used as foreplay in a legitimate, procreation  as a goal, sexual encounter.

On the one hand, I am not surprised one can find a fundamentalist Christian site preaching this.

On the other hand, it should be realized that this would be a minority opinion even among theologically conservative Protestants today. Even the notoriously anti-gay James Dobson, founder of "Focus on the Family", tells teenagers they should not "struggle with guilt" over masturbation:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/masturba8.htm

There are a lot of evangelical Protestants these days whose position on masturbation is much more positive than is the offical position of the Roman Catholic church, which is still that masturbation is "intrinsically and gravely disotdered." Of course there are many individual Roman Catholic theologians, not to mention millions of everyday Catholics, who disagree with that.

Still, I think masturbation is one of the issues where you can find the widest disagreements within the conservative or evangelical Protestant community.

Female masturbation leads on a direct path to satan?

Damn I guess, I have to add "gates to hell" to my alternative names for vaginas. 

"I hereby command the gates to be opened, so I may enter hell."

Ok, that sounds creepy, even by my standards. 

I know what the official line is according to the Catholic church, but I have to say that throughout all of the catholic doctrine I had to learn from early childhood all the way to confirmation (which was done at about age 16 or 17 in my parish) I really do not remember any talk about masturbation at all from anyone.  I remember having the feeling that it probably wasn't exactly in line with the church rule book, but figured if I didn't ever look it up and know for sure then I could play the ignorance card with the Man upstairs.   

I think if you keep an eyedropper full of viable sperm on hand and let a single drop fall into the baby canal during self-stimulation, the sex demon will be warded off as the activity is oriented toward baby-making.

Yeah.  There's something to strive for. The arrival in a puff of smoke of a confused and frustrated sex demon. ;)

10 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

One has to wonder if he time traveled to us from 17th century Salem? 

I had set out to gather up a whole bunch of links for you, everything from exorcisms at a Starbucks in Austin to the abuses and murders of accused child witches within the Western Africa Pentecostal church.  Then I found several articles about the popularity of things like belief in demons, demonic possession, and exorcism and thought it would be a good source to start.  If you really want to go down the rabbit hole with this, start reading about lawmakers who publicly discuss their views on demonic possession and exorcism.  Bobby Jindal is probably the most recently and highly publicized one, but he's got lots of company.  Ted Cruz has been picking up endorsements from self professed exorcists who are also lawmakers.    

Might not be the 17th century, but the witch trials still continue to be alive and well.  

After a long, stressful, frustrating day at work, I'm finally home and alone in the house. I've drawn a bath, lit some scented candles, turned off the lights and have big glass of wine in hand. Now, to just hit "play" on the stereo and enjoy some well deserved "me" time. 

Talk to you guys in an hour or so. Don't wait up.

DM: "You break down the door and find a woman "consorting" with a growler demon...

Fighter: Er....

Rogue:  Um...

Sorcerer: Hmm....

Bard:  OK....

Cleric: Foul beast you shall be cast into a pit of doom!  And the demon shall be banished as well!

This is the sort of book my parents would have bought for me when I was a kid.  I was taught as a kid that if I even had 'bad thoughts' the devil would appear in my room at night to kill me.  Masturbation was out for sure.  Mack Major is a great name for a Christian author, though.

Archived