[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

The topic of the thread is discussing things you disliked about the episode. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if the normal rules of the forum do not apply.

Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand: this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked. Posts that ignore this will be considered off-topic.

I just can't get over the Mormonts at Bear Island instead of Manderly at White Harbor.  I cannot comprehend why they have done this.

To be fair, Manderly and White Harbour were mentioned once in Season 1 and have had no appearances or further mentions while the Mormonts are really known and referenced with links to multiple characters and factions.

Cheers, Ran! 

@Cas Stark

I think it's more of the same nonsense, people will find it easier if it's characters they "know". Manderlys have never been seen, not even in the good ole days, whereas Mormonts are a familiar name. People know Jeor and Jorah, and last year they "introduced" Lyanna. 

Mind you, I think it's stupid. I think it's completely idiotic that we can't have Manderlys and Mormonts both. Because even if we did have both, that'd mean the whole of the north has... Four houses? Five if we count the Cerwyns, who were only mentioned in passing and shown in all their flayed glory for a few seconds. And I find it especially stupid because the Manderly/Davos plot is awesome and would look amazing on TV. 

Now, about tthat nitpick about how Tyrion knew about the secret passages. In the BOOK, Tyrion knew because that's how Varys moved Shae in and out of the tower. And Tyrion knew that it had been built by a previous hand (probably Daddy). 

On the show, who knows. Nobody knows nothing. Nothing is nothing.

And THANK YOU @Ran for another new thread! I'll try not to mess it up. 

So if Davos does have to go to Bear Island to convince them to join then that does mean despite what a "certain D&D defender" says I was right, the Northern Lords were doing nothing during this whole Stannis campaign/Sansa rape and they didn't care. "The North remembers" my a**

Thanks @Ran

2 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Now, about tthat nitpick about how Tyrion knew about the secret passages. In the BOOK, Tyrion knew because that's how Varys moved Shae in and out of the tower. And Tyrion knew that it had been built by a previous hand (probably Daddy). 

On the show, who knows. Nobody knows nothing. Nothing is nothing.

And THANK YOU @Ran for another new thread! I'll try not to mess it up. 

And was taken to the ladder leading directly to the tower of the hand entrance by Varys...

Wahoooo, lets go. Thanks for the new thread Ran. Well, the show seems to be over - brushing the nonsense that was Sansa's "supposed" personal decision to marry Ramsay of her, ahem, cough, own "free will" by providing a big battle with her involved. Also, this speech or statement about all she thinks about is what was taken from her. Well, according to the show runners, all that was taken from you was taken pretty much before you wed Ramsay, when you went to Winterfell, you gave it freely. Now, my personal disgust with her storyline in the show can be mitigated TO A POINT if at the end of the season, after the Boltons are eliminated and she is indeed a "free woman", that while Littlefinger is there, staring at her, with his smirk, undressing her with his eyes, that, since she is now a bad ass, stabs him or orders his execution and he dies. After all, we ALL KNOW that he has taken more from her  than anyone and if the Botlons are to be blamed for what happened to her in WInterfell, than Baelish needs to share that blame with them and reap the same result, DEATH. But this is the show and I doubt that will happen.

5 minutes ago, Metopheles said:

To be fair, Manderly and White Harbour were mentioned once in Season 1 and have had no appearances or further mentions while the Mormonts are really known and referenced with links to multiple characters and factions.

It's weak.  But, yes it all started in Season 3 when there was nobody at Riverrun except for 5 people, LOL, no named bannermen or lords with Robb since the show had whatever disagreement with the Greatjon actor.  They did have a fat extra wearing a merman pin at the Red Wedding, but blink and you miss him.

I don't get no Wyman Manderly, and I will never get it unless he ends up dead of his chin wounds right off the bat in the next book.

3 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Wahoooo, lets go. Thanks for the new thread Ran. Well, the show seems to be over - brushing the nonsense that was Sansa's "supposed" personal decision to marry Ramsay of her, ahem, cough, own "free will" by providing a big battle with her involved. Also, this speech or statement about all she thinks about is what was taken from her. Well, according to the show runners, all that was taken from you was taken pretty much before you wed Ramsay, when you went to Winterfell, you gave it freely. Now, my personal disgust with her storyline in the show can be mitigated TO A POINT if at the end of the season, after the Boltons are eliminated and she is indeed a "free woman", that while Littlefinger is there, staring at her, with his smirk, undressing her with his eyes, that, since she is now a bad ass, stabs him or orders his execution and he dies. After all, we ALL KNOW that he has taken more from her  than anyone and if the Botlons are to be blamed for what happened to her in WInterfell, than Baelish needs to share that blame with them and reap the same result, DEATH. But this is the show and I doubt that will happen.

LF in this world legitimately didn't know and Aidan said he is gonna feel awful about it

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Cheers, Ran! 

@Cas Stark

I think it's more of the same nonsense, people will find it easier if it's characters they "know". Manderlys have never been seen, not even in the good ole days, whereas Mormonts are a familiar name. People know Jeor and Jorah, and last year they "introduced" Lyanna. 

Mind you, I think it's stupid. I think it's completely idiotic that we can't have Manderlys and Mormonts both. Because even if we did have both, that'd mean the whole of the north has... Four houses? Five if we count the Cerwyns, who were only mentioned in passing and shown in all their flayed glory for a few seconds. And I find it especially stupid because the Manderly/Davos plot is awesome and would look amazing on TV. 

Yep, this.  The audience couldn't possibly handle any more detail, amirite?!  And, I just have to wonder, if they really did have this series planned out seasons in advance as has been claimed...how hard would it have been to introduce or maybe just drop a few more references to Manderly, White Harbor, the Dustins, etc. a couple of seasons ago?:rolleyes:

ETA: more

6 minutes ago, Metopheles said:

Maybe they couldn't find an actor fat enough to play Wyman. They couldn't find an actor with a missing eye to play Bloodraven, too. :dunno:

True I mean it's not like they could of found a somewhat hefty actor like Robbie Coltrane and put him in a fat suit like people do for Falstaff

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Ah, thanks! Well, then all the easier to have actually done something later on with them, dammit! :tantrum:

I don't know. Because up until I read Stannis is the manny....is' post I was completely oblivious to the fact that there were Manderlys present at the RW. I will admit that by the time the RW happened I was already "watching" the show while playing sudoku and Frotz. :)

5 minutes ago, Metopheles said:

Maybe they couldn't find an actor fat enough to play Wyman. They couldn't find an actor with a missing eye to play Bloodraven, too. :dunno:

They have a budget bigger than the GDP of some nations. I'm sure they could have found some  prosthetics to make a man fat or one-eyed. Or a story something like the one told by Mr. Martin.

Archived