[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

6 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

From the Outside the Episode:
Benioff (with the intensity of a man who's mother has just been insulted): "[...] one thing, everyone has to admit about Cersei, is that Cersei loves her children."

I don't "admit" that, Cersei is an extreme narcissist who is more concerned with how she can use her children than for their well-being. I don't think Cersei is actually capable of loving another person, which is backed up by only being romantically invested in her twin, who she can project as her male equivalent (and once his appearance deviates that attraction quickly evaporates).
I guess he's confused her with Carol, who looked like an excited puppy running to greet Myrcella. Although even Carol managed to forget about her "black-haired beauty" and doesn't seem to give a fig about sweet Tommen.

I also love in the Outside the Episode how Benioff mentions how he loves the way Lena Headey interprets and plays Cersei.

Basically he is stating, "GRRM did a shitty job of writing one of the more complex characters in the entire series. Look how we improved upon it by turning her into Carol, the faultless mother-of-the-year. And kudos to Lena for following our lead!"

2 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Here's a little summary of what happened at the Wall this episode (written while the servers were melting).

Meanwhile at the Wall.

ALLISER THORNE: I did it! I killed him. Now I know what you're going to say... “Sir Alliser, if you were going to kill the Lord Commander for letting wildlings through the Wall, why did you open the gate to let them through?” Good question. I ALWAYS obey orders, so when Lord Snow told me to do it, I had no choice. But then Sam the Slayer inspired me, he started pointing out technicalities in the vows! I saw a loophole so I took it; Lord Snow never ordered me not stab him to death. That type of foolish naivety is how you get stabbed to death, and is the hallmark of a bad leader.

CROWD: Rabble, rabble!

ALLISER: Officer Olly agreed!

OLLY GIVES THE NOD(tm)

CROWD: You have convinced us with sound reasoning!

GRUMPY LOOKING BLACK BROTHER: Why did you leave Jon's corpse in the yard though?

ALLISER: It was a long day and we were (pauses, winks) dead tired! We decided to leave it for the night and clear up in the morning. What was he going to do? Start walking around? (Chuckles).

RANDOM BROTHER: Why is the Red Woman still here?

ALLISER: Look, take it from me, stay out of room 237. No further questions.

LATER.

ALLISER: Davos, I'm giving you 24 hours to come out with your hands up! Mwhaha!

DAVOS: I want lamb!

ALLISER: Er, what? Sure I guess. Right enjoy Lord Snow's corpse stink, I'll be back later, and don't you try any funny business because no-one will be watching.

DAVOS: I'll take a raincheck on that. Let's do lunch, I'll pencil you in for my one o'clock.
ALLISER LEAVES

DAVOS: Right lads he's planning to murder us all, you can tell because he hadn't prepared my packed lunch. 

ED: I suggest we commit suicide.

DAVOS: I have a better plan, let's prove Thorne's concerns to be well-founded by bringing back the wildlings to murder all your sworn brothers.

ED: Brilliant, at last we will have our revenge!

DAVOS: Maybe the Red Woman will help out too, she has fabulous secret powers.

ED: Oh, I didn't think you two got along, especially after what happened with Shireen and Stannis?

DAVOS: Who?

LATER IN ROOM 237.

MEL: (Staring at candle) Well that was a load of old bollocks. Might as well let myself go now. Fuck it, I just want this day to be over, I'm going back to bed.

Would have made for some better last words; "Why didn't I order Olly NOT to stab me?. I guess I really do know nothing."

The sex jokes, for the love of god would someone stop with the sex jokes!!? Or every joke, for that matter, the comedy on this show is so terrible. 

The biggest problem is though that they seem to completely have stopped caring this season. YOu can just feel in every scene how everybody involved just want to get this series done with so that they can move on to new projects. The plot holes are pretty much everywhere now, no one even seems to care if they contradict themselves, like Varys and Tyrion walking around talking about how unstable and dangerous Mereen is now, whilst at the exact same time walking around the city without any guards. "Oh, yeah, one should absolutely not walk around in Mereen alone, that would take a madman, since it's filled with traitors, civil war and random killings in every corner, am I right, VArys?"

"You're damn right, Tyrion, my friend. What do you say you and I, presumably the two people in the city who would be in the very most danger, take a walk unaccompanied through the city? We won't gain anything from it, we aren't forced to do it, we should just do it!" 

"What a splendid idea! Both of us should be absolutely worthless in a fight, so that sounds like reasonable for us to do such a thing! Btw, you don't have a cock, Varys!" *insert laugh track*

"You know what they say, Tyrion, no cock is better than a dwarf cock" *laugh track*

"Oh VArys, my dear old friend, that's not what the whores at the dock are saying. Cock, pussy, whore, cock, fuck, bollocks, shit, piss, cock, and whores..." 
"Ooh, what an edgy thing to say, Tyrion, this is such an edgy fantasy-show that's not at all for kids, only for adults! A show doesn't become one for adults by having fleshed out, deep, and well written characters, no no, the level of maturity depends on how many swear words one uses and the number of tits one shows!" 
"It is known, my cock-less little no-cock-friend..." 
"It is known, you whore fucking mini-dick-man..." 

I just saw some Wall scenes. I think it is rather distracting to have all those NW men in the room with Davos and the only one I know was Edd? Why would I care about those people? And, yeah, I know Bowen and Yarwyck but the unsullied dont?

And why was Ghost locked up? 

1 minute ago, Seasick Shrimp said:

The sex jokes, for the love of god would someone stop with the sex jokes!!? Or every joke, for that matter, the comedy on this show is so terrible. 

The biggest problem is though that they seem to completely have stopped caring this season. YOu can just feel in every scene how everybody involved just want to get this series done with so that they can move on to new projects. The plot holes are pretty much everywhere now, no one even seems to care if they contradict themselves, like Varys and Tyrion walking around talking about how unstable and dangerous Mereen is now, whilst at the exact same time walking around the city without any guards. "Oh, yeah, one should absolutely not walk around in Mereen alone, that would take a madman, since it's filled with traitors, civil war and random killings in every corner, am I right, VArys?"

"You're damn right, Tyrion, my friend. What do you say you and I, presumably the two people in the city who would be in the very most danger, take a walk unaccompanied through the city? We won't gain anything from it, we aren't forced to do it, we should just do it!" 

"What a splendid idea! Both of us should be absolutely worthless in a fight, so that sounds like reasonable for us to do such a thing! Btw, you don't have a cock, Varys!" *insert laugh track*

"You know what they say, Tyrion, no cock is better than a dwarf cock" *laugh track*

"Oh VArys, my dear old friend, that's not what the whores at the dock are saying. Cock, pussy, whore, cock, fuck, bollocks, shit, piss, cock, and whores..." 
"Ooh, what an edgy thing to say, Tyrion, this is such an edgy fantasy-show that's not at all for kids, only for adults! A show doesn't become one for adults by having fleshed out, deep, and well written characters, no no, the level of maturity depends on how many swear words one uses and the number of tits one shows!" 
"It is known, my cock-less little no-cock-friend..." 
"It is known, you whore fucking mini-dick-man..." 

A cockle of COCK MERCHANTS enter stage left.

"Did somebody mention male genitals?" Laughter

ROLL CREDITS

Yeah they completely butchered the Dorne stuff, like to an astonishing degree. Literally nothing that was truly interesting or unique about that place or it's characters, is in this show (well besides Oberyn, he was still cool). And WOW did they do a number on Ellaria's character as well.

Oh and don't even get me started on Sansa's arc since last season. I could rage on that for hours. Oh and what a complete and utter waste of Alexander Siddig as well.

10 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

I also love in the Outside the Episode how Benioff mentions how he loves the way Lena Headey interprets and plays Cersei.

Basically he is stating, "GRRM did a shitty job of writing one of the more complex characters in the entire series. Look how we improved upon it by turning her into Carol, the faultless mother-of-the-year. And kudos to Lena for following our lead!"

This. What a joke.

36 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

From the Outside the Episode:
Benioff (with the intensity of a man who's mother has just been insulted): "[...] one thing, everyone has to admit about Cersei, is that Cersei loves her children."

I don't "admit" that, Cersei is an extreme narcissist who is more concerned with how she can use her children than for their well-being. I don't think Cersei is actually capable of loving another person, which is backed up by only being romantically invested in her twin, who she can project as her male equivalent (and once his appearance deviates that attraction quickly evaporates).
I guess he's confused her with Carol, who looked like an excited puppy running to greet Myrcella. Although even Carol managed to forget about her "black-haired beauty" and doesn't seem to give a fig about sweet Tommen.

:agree:

30 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Here's a little summary of what happened at the Wall this episode (written while the servers were melting).

Meanwhile at the Wall.

ALLISER THORNE: I did it! I killed him. Now I know what you're going to say... “Sir Alliser, if you were going to kill the Lord Commander for letting wildlings through the Wall, why did you open the gate to let them through?” Good question. I ALWAYS obey orders, so when Lord Snow told me to do it, I had no choice. But then Sam the Slayer inspired me, he started pointing out technicalities in the vows! I saw a loophole so I took it; Lord Snow never ordered me not stab him to death. That type of foolish naivety is how you get stabbed to death, and is the hallmark of a bad leader.

OLLY GIVES THE NOD(tm)

GRUMPY LOOKING BLACK BROTHER: Why did you leave Jon's corpse in the yard though?

ALLISER: It was a long day and we were (pauses, winks) dead tired! We decided to leave it for the night and clear up in the morning. What was he going to do? Start walking around? (Chuckles).

LATER.

ALLISER: Er, what? Sure I guess. Right enjoy Lord Snow's corpse stink, I'll be back later, and don't you try any funny business because no-one will be watching.

DAVOS: I'll take a raincheck on that. Let's do lunch, I'll pencil you in for my one o'clock.
ALLISER LEAVES

DAVOS: Right lads he's planning to murder us all, you can tell because he hadn't prepared my packed lunch. 

DAVOS: I have a better plan, let's prove Thorne's concerns to be well-founded by bringing back the wildlings to murder all your sworn brothers.

ED: Oh, I didn't think you two got along, especially after what happened with Shireen and Stannis?

LATER IN ROOM 237.

MEL: (Staring at candle) Well that was a load of old bollocks. Might as well let myself go now. Fuck it, I just want this day to be over, I'm going back to bed.

:thumbsup: :lmao:

I'm confused and perplexed on how Arya's story is going to fit in. I see it going one of two directions; 1) She becomes "nobody" and basically carries out the work of the many faced god. 2) She goes rogue and follows her own payback list.

If she becomes nobody, she'll clearly be faced with a very hard decision at some point that will make her question herself. That decision could be whether or not to take out a loved one or someone she really cares about. Sansa maybe?

If she goes rogue there are many options available; Ramsey, Bolton, Mountain, Nights watch leaders, Cersie, etc... Now we can probably eliminate most of those names easily. Ramsey & Bolton will likely go against the GreyJoys, NIghts watch are occupied with wildlings & Wight walkers, Cersie and King are a possibility, but she does have the priests and Dorne to worry about. So who does that really leave?

Thank you for that comedy gold, sir loin steak! :D:D:D

On another note, what happened to the massive WW-army at Hardhome? I can only imagine how their discussion must go; 

"Shouldn't we have invaded Westeros by now?" 
"No no, not yet, we must wait for our episode. First they must use up about 8 episodes or so to show Arya being miserable in that place that no one cares about, Theon being sad, Jon Snow being dead, Sansa being helpless, Jaime doing whatever he's doing (no one really knows), Cersei switching characters back and forth without any reason, Brienne saving every situation cause that's what a strong female character is supposed to do, and the Sand Snakes being shallow '90s cliche warrior women, Daenerys being kidnapped by the dothraki so that she could then be rescued by jorah and whats-his-face back to Mereen where she can start all over again cause all her ships have now been burnt, Tyrion being clever and witty and Varys walking around like he's severely constipated all the time... Then, in the last two episodes, we show our faces again, this time moving at least ten meters closer to Westeros. By doing that we will trick the audience into thinking that something will actually happen next season, which it of course won't, the cycle will merely repeat itself once again, but now with us being ten metres closer to the wall, of course, think of the excitement!" 
"But we have been waiting, sir! Five seasons we've been waiting!! (<--- imagine Sirius Black's voice). Didn't they say in the very first episode that winter was coming and all that?" 
"YEs, yes, but just a little bit longer now. Soon it will be the last season and the producers will be forced to spend money on at least one big battle........" 

Let me get this straight, i didn't like Dorne, was shocked by Doran's death, even though after reading the last book i always had a feeling he will die in Winds.

Also, where did the dogs disappear ? Or were they only tracking dogs and not the fighting type that we saw when Asha confronted Ramsay ?

11 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Let me get this straight, i didn't like Dorne, was shocked by Doran's death, even though after reading the last book i always had a feeling he will die in Winds.

Also, where did the dogs disappear ? Or were they only tracking dogs and not the fighting type that we saw when Asha confronted Ramsay ?

The blood hounds disappeared because they weren't needed anymore.  Just like Brienne just automatically shows up wherever the showrunners' nonsensical plot needs her to be.  It's really quite remarkable!:rolleyes:

Her motivation going forward is revenge on all the people that have done her wrong,” Turner explained. “The fact that she has someone behind her now foreshadows the fact that she’s going to start building a group of people who really listen to her for the first time. It’s important that the first one of them is a woman, and that’s her only gateway into making the men listen to her. It definitely foreshadows good things for her.”

Yes, because is there such a thing as other type of motivation? Like, seeing her family again, keeping her decency, surviving, becoming a stronger, harder person? No, of course not. Revenge, that's it!  Also, Sansa finding support in Davos is pretty much a done deal by now, I'm not even surprised. 

5 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

My speculation of what happened in the writer's room regarding Dorne.

WEISSEL: Yo dawg, I was just skimming the wiki and this Dorn place is meant to be like the most "gender equal" bit in the seven kingdoms?

BENTOFF: THIS SCARES ME!

WEISSEL: You're right dawg, women in power are scary.

BENTOFF: BITCHES BE CRAZY!

WEISSEL: Yeah, Doran can't control his bitches so they murder him and his boy. I like it, it's got a moral to it.

BENTOFF: HAVE THEM STAB HOTAH IN THE BACK!

WEISSEL: Good, good, what next?

BENTOFF: HAVE THEM STAB TRYSTANE IN THE BACK! THAT IS WHAT BITCHES DO, THEY STAB YOU IN THE BACK!

WEISSEL: Hmm, I think we put him on a boat, with Jaime? A boat that the Sandies watched leave because it would look badass or something, it's hard to remember.

BENTOFF: THEY ARE NINJA GIRLS - THEY CAN JUST APPEAR IN HIS ROOM.

WEISSEL: What about Doran? He's like their uncle or something. And we cast a bunch of these extras as guards already.

BENTOFF: THEY MURDER HIM. THE GUARDS DO NOTHING BECAUSE HE WAS WEAK!

WEISSEL: Oh, oh, we could give one of them a whip, it's really clever because they like pussy whip all the men!

BENTOFF: SYMBOLISM! ALL THE EMMYS ARE BELONG TO US!

WEISSEL: We are so brilliant. I love working with you.

BENTOFF: NO HOMO BRO!

WEISSEL: I'm just glad we're free of those books now, I kept worrying that people would realise that you can't read.

BENTOFF: READING IS HARD! I NEED NAP TIME NOW.

Wonderful, and probably true!

5 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

My speculation of what happened in the writer's room regarding Dorne.

WEISSEL: Yo dawg, I was just skimming the wiki and this Dorn place is meant to be like the most "gender equal" bit in the seven kingdoms?

BENTOFF: THIS SCARES ME!

WEISSEL: You're right dawg, women in power are scary.

BENTOFF: BITCHES BE CRAZY!

WEISSEL: Yeah, Doran can't control his bitches so they murder him and his boy. I like it, it's got a moral to it.

BENTOFF: HAVE THEM STAB HOTAH IN THE BACK!

WEISSEL: Good, good, what next?

BENTOFF: HAVE THEM STAB TRYSTANE IN THE BACK! THAT IS WHAT BITCHES DO, THEY STAB YOU IN THE BACK!

WEISSEL: Hmm, I think we put him on a boat, with Jaime? A boat that the Sandies watched leave because it would look badass or something, it's hard to remember.

BENTOFF: THEY ARE NINJA GIRLS - THEY CAN JUST APPEAR IN HIS ROOM.

WEISSEL: What about Doran? He's like their uncle or something. And we cast a bunch of these extras as guards already.

BENTOFF: THEY MURDER HIM. THE GUARDS DO NOTHING BECAUSE HE WAS WEAK!

WEISSEL: Oh, oh, we could give one of them a whip, it's really clever because they like pussy whip all the men!

BENTOFF: SYMBOLISM! ALL THE EMMYS ARE BELONG TO US!

WEISSEL: We are so brilliant. I love working with you.

BENTOFF: NO HOMO BRO!

WEISSEL: I'm just glad we're free of those books now, I kept worrying that people would realise that you can't read.

BENTOFF: READING IS HARD! I NEED NAP TIME NOW.

Wonderful, and probably true!

29 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Her motivation going forward is revenge on all the people that have done her wrong,” Turner explained. “The fact that she has someone behind her now foreshadows the fact that she’s going to start building a group of people who really listen to her for the first time. It’s important that the first one of them is a woman, and that’s her only gateway into making the men listen to her. It definitely foreshadows good things for her.”

Yes, because is there such a thing as other type of motivation? Like, seeing her family again, keeping her decency, surviving, becoming a stronger, harder person? No, of course not. Revenge, that's it!  Also, Sansa finding support in Davos is pretty much a done deal by now, I'm not even surprised. 

What ? Revenge is a very powerful motivation, when you see a traitor destroying your family and taking over your house, the first feeling will be seeking revenge. The other thoughts will come 2nd, rescuing your relatives is as powerful as revenge (if you know they are alive and you have the means to save/reach them). 

D & D though are doing a terrible work on explaining some plot movements (instead they are letting the viewers interpret in their own way, i don't know if that's a good thing), this episode was rushed at some parts, and it was the shortest yet (around 45 mins). 

3 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Meanwhile at the Wall.

OLLY GIVES THE NOD(tm)

LATER.

ALLISER LEAVES

LATER IN ROOM 237.

:lmao: Superb!!!!!!

Archived