[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I was singing that today! :lol: 

They are diabolical, they are going to bust up both BatB stories with the Brienne Smash. The Brute will kill both Sandor and Jaime on Fansa's orders. Kill the weak men!!! Women on top!!!

Does Larry count as a man , though ? Not sure about that.

Also, can we talk about how they randomly decided to have him know about the damn prophecy ?! He's never leaving her, is he ? He'll go to the RL to please her, and will come back groveling as soon as he can.

7 hours ago, TheCasualObserver said:

As I recall the only earnest efforts she made to control the situation was being polite when she first arrived (basic courtesy really) and telling Ramsay his claim to the dreadfort is in jeopardy. Considering that since then Roose has been lamp-shading that fact constantly, she's certainly not responsible for whatever comes from that. 

If we are talking about before winterfell then the only thing she did was lie to the Vale Lords about LF, which helped him, not her and indirectly contributed to her later being raped.

Considering her track record for manipulation, Sansa is absolutely shit at playing the game. 

The sad thing is that she was not bad at manipulating in KL. She was able to manipulate Joffrey. In the books she was able to plan an escape being married to Tyrion. Yeah, praying in the godswood. She is able to do this by nature. She didn't need to be raped to have "those abilities". The rape only has as result that she is no full on revenge mode. That is so great /sarcasm. This is all so insulting (just like Dorne is completely insulting)

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Awwwww...

Theon: "We have to cross, those hounds are dangerous."
http://i.imgur.com/syXNFPVl.jpg

Sansa: "I'm sure their bark is worse than their bite, maybe we should sing them a song."
http://i.imgur.com/10Wgfvxl.jpg

http://chrysreviews.com/index.php/2016/04/25/game-of-thrones-season-6-episode-1-schrodingers-crone/

I personally think they actually really lost a great opportunity with those disappearing hounds!

We have first Theon who actually slept next to those hounds. In some speculation by fans Theon might in the books make the hounds turn on Ramsay and let them attack/eat him. They could have maybe in the show made Theon turn those hounds against their attackers? Or maybe just stopping those hounds from attacking them? 

And second you have Sansa who already shown to gentle the rage in a certain Hound. In the books her connection to a dogs is very apparent. And then you have her latent warg power. You could have Sansa turn those hounds against their attackers. 

But no, Smash Brienne has to be the hero. Don't show those victims any agency in defending themselves. Or if you, make it certain that the guy kills someone with a sword so it is shown he did not lose his masculinity. 

Plain insulting

(And I actually hate they are able to make me feel a little exciting. It is actually just because they are now giving me cookies, like Ghost touching Jon's hand :wub:, Ghost screentime*, Edd screentime  and synopsis of the next episodes which tells is Bran will finally reappear. Jeey. All those cookies for me. But then I would probably not happy if they actually did spend some attention to those things last season, like giving me just a sweet scene with Jon (awake/alive) and Ghost :dunno:)

Guys guys i have an idea let's crossover the show with not only the walking dead but with some super duper sci-fi show pitch the idea to the writers we can have space sand amazons. off topic........

It's not quite there yet but soon it'll be like a sitcom quility production...

All of you fail to understand the wisdom of D&D :-)

You'll see, the story of GRRM ends with the Others/White   Walkers wiping out humanity. In order not to make them evil but have us root for Team IceMaul D&D have to make the humans of Westeros as stupid, illogical and spineless as possible (and kill of those who aren't) so we actually cheer at our own destruction.

And they are right on track.

20 minutes ago, alienarea said:

All of you fail to understand the wisdom of D&D :-)

You'll see, the story of GRRM ends with the Others/White   Walkers wiping out humanity. In order not to make them evil but have us root for Team IceMaul D&D have to make the humans of Westeros as stupid, illogical and spineless as possible (and kill of those who aren't) so we actually cheer at our own destruction.

And they are right on track.

And then the camera pans over to Pyke where Gendry rows into the harbor and is toasted to by Balon standing atop his castle.

Saw it today. Looks like - as expected - they haven't learned anything from season 5. Honestly I think the only good thing about this show any more is Davos. I hope he sticks around for at least this season. In the past I could at least say that individual scenes where usually well crafted, but Dorne kind of put an end to that. What an unsatisfying way to wrap up characters which where only just introduced and barely got any screen time. 

Did Arya really need to be in the episode? It was like a minute of her getting beaten up with no mini-arc of her own and no cohesion with the rest of the episode. That really stood out to me as a big structural flaw. 

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

The sad thing is that she was not bad at manipulating in KL. She was able to manipulate Joffrey. In the books she was able to plan an escape being married to Tyrion. Yeah, praying in the godswood. She is able to do this by nature. She didn't need to be raped to have "those abilities". The rape only has as result that she is no full on revenge mode. That is so great /sarcasm. This is all so insulting (just like Dorne is completely insulting)

I personally think they actually really lost a great opportunity with those disappearing hounds!

We have first Theon who actually slept next to those hounds. In some speculation by fans Theon might in the books make the hounds turn on Ramsay and let them attack/eat him. They could have maybe in the show made Theon turn those hounds against their attackers? Or maybe just stopping those hounds from attacking them? 

And second you have Sansa who already shown to gentle the rage in a certain Hound. In the books her connection to a dogs is very apparent. And then you have her latent warg power. You could have Sansa turn those hounds against their attackers. 

But no, Smash Brienne has to be the hero. Don't show those victims any agency in defending themselves. Or if you, make it certain that the guy kills someone with a sword so it is shown he did not lose his masculinity. 

Plain insulting

(And I actually hate they are able to make me feel a little exciting. It is actually just because they are now giving me cookies, like Ghost touching Jon's hand :wub:, Ghost screentime*, Edd screentime  and synopsis of the next episodes which tells is Bran will finally reappear. Jeey. All those cookies for me. But then I would probably not happy if they actually did spend some attention to those things last season, like giving me just a sweet scene with Jon (awake/alive) and Ghost :dunno:)

It doesn't matter how they dress it up, or how "empowered" Sansa becomes in later episodes; the catalyst that made her do anything proactive at all was being raped. Prior to that point she was willfully ignorant of her situation and incapable of making rational decisions. If a sexual assault was the only way the writers could push the character into doing more, then that reflects very badly on the sensibilties of the show.

She also joins the ranks of absolutely everybody else in being motivated by revenge.

16 minutes ago, protar said:

Saw it today. Looks like - as expected - they haven't learned anything from season 5. Honestly I think the only good thing about this show any more is Davos. I hope he sticks around for at least this season. In the past I could at least say that individual scenes where usually well crafted, but Dorne kind of put an end to that. What an unsatisfying way to wrap up characters which where only just introduced and barely got any screen time. 

Did Arya really need to be in the episode? It was like a minute of her getting beaten up with no mini-arc of her own and no cohesion with the rest of the episode. That really stood out to me as a big structural flaw. 

It is better than last season were Davos was just someone standing in the background of Stannis and did not have his own storyline. :dunno:

I am actually wondering: did Stannis made Davos his Hand in the show? I thought he did but some comment made me wonder about this. 

5 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

It is better than last season were Davos was just someone standing in the background of Stannis and did not have his own storyline. :dunno:

I am actually wondering: did Stannis made Davos his Hand in the show? I thought he did but some comment made me wonder about this. 

He did. I think that happened all the way back in season 2 actually. Back when the plot made sense, characters where...in-character, Martin still worked on the show. Simpler times.

6 minutes ago, protar said:

He did. I think that happened all the way back in season 2 actually. Back when the plot made sense, characters where...in-character, Martin still worked on the show. Simpler times.

You are right. Then I did not really understand what the person meant with the comment then

And I miss those times

7 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

It is very sad. We're now supposed to feel happy because one plot hole/inconsistency is "fixed", even if it required another to be created to deal with the first one. Sad and completely absurd, but there you go. 

It's a dangerously loose plank in the plot.  Basically, it's a declaration of war against the government - in the same way that if Arianne and Viserys had openly married in Dorne, Prince Doran would effectively have been repudiating allegiance to King Robert. It would only make sense if in fact, that's what the Boltons were doing, trying to establish the North as an independent State.

15 minutes ago, SeanF said:

It's a dangerously loose plank in the plot.  Basically, it's a declaration of war against the government - in the same way that if Arianne and Viserys had openly married in Dorne, Prince Doran would effectively have been repudiating allegiance to King Robert. It would only make sense if in fact, that's what the Boltons were doing, trying to establish the North as an independent State.

The show plot is deeply stupid and I think fundamentally misunderstands what was even going on with the Boltons and the Lannisters. First of all, IIRC the plan was to give Fake <b>Arya</b> to Roose's son because a) Arya was the younger daughter with less of a claim to Winterfell than Sansa (whose claim to Winterfell Tywin gave to his OWN son Tyrion) - and the plan was already well in place before the Purple Wedding and Sansa and Tyrion were no longer potentially there. IMO, it was part of the deal that Tywin made with Roose to seal the Red Wedding and Ramsay marries Jeyne/Arya with the full sanction of the Lannisters, this vitiating the need to twist this plot into a pretzel to make any sense.

The second thing is that the Lannisters and the Boltons both know Jeyne isn't Arya - so that gives the Lannisters leverage of their allies who have, in the past, been treacherous because if the Boltons start getting ideas, they just have to provide evidence that the girl is an impostor, invalidating Bolton claims. Meanwhile, the Boltons' vassals also all know/suspect that this isn't really Arya, don't like or trust the Boltons, and this alters their behavior. In short, Jeyne's identity is a polite fiction that they all accept for various reasons and this is why THEON is the only person in Winterfell who actually cares enough about this no-name girl to end up rescuing her, and by doing so, by rescuing the real girl who is pretending to be Arya, he becomes Theon again instead of Ramsay's creature Reek. 

ALL of that - the political logic and personal emotional logic - went out the window the moment they decided to throw Sansa in there instead. One casual ill-thought out decision has far-reaching implications, and it's yet another sign that this show needs more people in the writers' room besides D&D&Cogman&Hill - they need someone there to question logic and continuity. They've needed that since they wrote season 4, IMO.

25 minutes ago, LadySoftheart said:

The show plot is deeply stupid and I think fundamentally misunderstands what was even going on with the Boltons and the Lannisters. First of all, IIRC the plan was to give Fake <b>Arya</b> to Roose's son because a) Arya was the younger daughter with less of a claim to Winterfell than Sansa (whose claim to Winterfell Tywin gave to his OWN son Tyrion) - and the plan was already well in place before the Purple Wedding and Sansa and Tyrion were no longer potentially there. IMO, it was part of the deal that Tywin made with Roose to seal the Red Wedding and Ramsay marries Jeyne/Arya with the full sanction of the Lannisters, this vitiating the need to twist this plot into a pretzel to make any sense.

The second thing is that the Lannisters and the Boltons both know Jeyne isn't Arya - so that gives the Lannisters leverage of their allies who have, in the past, been treacherous because if the Boltons start getting ideas, they just have to provide evidence that the girl is an impostor, invalidating Bolton claims. Meanwhile, the Boltons' vassals also all know/suspect that this isn't really Arya, don't like or trust the Boltons, and this alters their behavior. In short, Jeyne's identity is a polite fiction that they all accept for various reasons and this is why THEON is the only person in Winterfell who actually cares enough about this no-name girl to end up rescuing her, and by doing so, by rescuing the real girl who is pretending to be Arya, he becomes Theon again instead of Ramsay's creature Reek. 

:bowdown::bowdown:

Is no one upset about the fact that while bookRoose is more or less apathetic and uninterested in terms of inheritance and what becomes of his house and the North, while showRoose is the exact opposite, a "cunning" ambitious climber who plays games with his son about who the heir is and is looking forward and hopeful of a better heir, a trueborn heir? In the books he outright doesn't care and knows that he wont be having a long living real heir, because Ramsay would kill him and his wife, as he did before; Roose doesn't give a fuck about it and takes it with ease that this will happen and that his line is ending.

But noooooo; ShowRoose is a player. He has ambitions, living the AmericanWesterosi dream! He always finds a new way, always looks forward to his next steps and opportunities. Has a hopeful outlook of a better future, ready and able to remove Ramsay; Not at all doubting his victory over his cruel bastard son. 

book Roose is the one who made peace with the knowledge of landing on Boardwalk and loosing all his money;

Show Roose is the one who buys it.

Archived