[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Do we find out in that episode that Ned Stark actually raped, tortured and murdered Lyanna,  and that's why she died,just so we can see that, in reality, Ramsay isn't that bad of a guy, all things considered?

And we'll find out that Ned killed Lyanna because, why? Revenge, that's why. It turns out that Ned was still mad that Lyanna wouldn't play right field, because she wanted to play first base, when they were kids playing little league baseball.

Hm, shocking.  I think you're on the right path.  There's no way they play it straight, everyone already knows RLJ.  Maybe she's involved in a gangbang with the King's Guard when Ned arrives.  

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is that the old movie with B. Lancaster and K. Douglas? Good movie.

But yeah, with Ellaria and the snakes, it's confusing. Or maybe it isn't and it's just me, but I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean other than "very bad", in every possible sense.

I think we are supposed to see them as empowered women. It is the same story as always: people not taking revenge are weak, REVENGE is awesome. Remember Littlefinger and Sansa talk at MC where you had serious victim blaming. Remember the talk with Dany and Hizzy: Hizzy is a weak man because he likes diplomacy and talking and Dany is empowered because she wants to burn Meereen. 

Personally I see them as bunch crazy female villains who completely lost any sense of rationality and empathy. If you start to mock a dying man whose last thoughts are for his son, you are very close to psychopathy.

In both cases the whole storyline is a bunch of crap, in the first case it is just completely offensive :dunno: 

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

I think we are supposed to see them as empowered women. It is the same story as always: people not taking revenge are weak, REVENGE is awesome. Remember Littlefinger and Sansa talk at MC where you had serious victim blaming. Remember the talk with Dany and Hizzy: Hizzy is a weak man because he likes diplomacy and talking and Dany is empowered because she wants to burn Meereen. 

Personally I see them as bunch crazy female villains who completely lost any sense of rationality and empathy. If you start to mock a dying man whose last thoughts are for his son, you are very close to psychopathy.

In both cases the whole storyline is a bunch of crap, in the first case it is just completely offensive :dunno: 

Yeah, I agree with you. There's no other [sane] way to look at it, and yet, it seems a bunch of people are. Colour me confused. 

15 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, I agree with you. There's no other [sane] way to look at it, and yet, it seems a bunch of people are. Colour me confused. 

If I remember this scene, I just even cannot imagine those sandsnakes are no villains.

:crying:

R.I.P.

Prince Bashir, you are a real weak man. Failing at avenging your sister and her children. Failing at avenging your brother. Failing in protecting those two sweet kids. No wonder you had to die. 

:ack: 

Where's that link for the westeros.org death poll? If they're giving this much attention to Ben Crompton I feel it's a safe bet that Dolorous Edd will not make it out of episode 2 alive. :/

52 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I agree.  It might give a window on the values of the writers...just sayin...who wrote the episode that seeks to depict literal back stabbing, dishonor, family killing, mocking the dying, political coups to start war..as badass instead of villainously, piteously stupid.

But, I definitely feel with the 'greedy bitch' line we're supposed to see Trystane and Doran as weak male chumps who deserved it, and give props to the empowered females for taking control, because matriarchy, yo.

Awful on every level you can list.  Awful plot, awful dialogue, awful message. 

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, if it's been "a couple of months" from the end of s 5, it's more than enough time. But if each character timeline is different, I honestly don't know what to say. 

So, timelines are whatever makes sense creatively, I suppose. Dear me.

This is my theory on the show story and the time frame in each story.  I've also decided that along with the BatFinger transporter ( that most characters have managed to obtain, with or without copyright), there also must be some sort of time machine, or machines, around as well.  How else to explain the varying time requirements?  After all, it is obvious that it is the audiences' responsibility to come up with these explanations anyway, right?  I don't think that fact is in question anymore, is it?

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree.  It might give a window on the values of the writers...just sayin...who wrote the episode that seeks to depict literal back stabbing, dishonor, family killing, mocking the dying, political coups to start war..as badass instead of villainously, piteously stupid.

But, I definitely feel with the 'greedy bitch' line we're supposed to see Trystane and Doran as weak male chumps who deserved it, and give props to the empowered females for taking control, because matriarchy, yo.

What about the acting? I mean, really, really very bad. Extremely bad, imo. If those scenes hadn't been so horrible in every possible aspect, they would have been funny in a sort of Clouseau-esque way.

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

This is my theory on the show story and the time frame in each story.  I've also decided that along with the BatFinger transporter ( that most characters have managed to obtain, with or without copyright), there also must be some sort of time machine, or machines, around as well.  How else to explain the varying time requirements?  After all, it is obvious that it is the audiences' responsibility to come up with these explanations anyway, right?  I don't think that fact is in question anymore, is it?

No, it's not a question anymore. Good thing most of the audience is more than happy to oblige. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

What about the acting? I mean, really, really very bad. Extremely bad, imo. If those scenes hadn't been so horrible in every possible aspect, they would have been funny in a sort of Clouseau-esque way.

Everything awful.  Who takes a giant spear onto a boat?  LMAO.  Or a whip.  The fact they were able to kill him at all is nonsensical, she probably didn't even have room to raise the spear if anybody bothered to check the dimensions of everything.  They stepped out of Zena/Conan the Barbarian series, they do not belong in GOT, with that acting, costumes, dialogue, story.

But the world is full of bad TV, what's really upsetting is that the show seems to think what they did should be seen as good/empowering/positive...and that's just fucking gross and despicable.

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, it's not a question anymore. Good thing most of the audience is more than happy to oblige. :rolleyes:

Yup, I figure just chalk things up to a time machine when we can't pause and enlarge the background props for a possible explanation.  Can't even count on D&D for a good game of Clue either.  

ETA:  Not all caught up now, trying, but may take til next visit.  Hopefully, I'll be better caught up on the tail end of the threads, hopefully, soon.  

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Everything awful.  Who takes a giant spear onto a boat?  LMAO.  Or a whip.  The fact they were able to kill him at all is nonsensical, she probably didn't even have room to raise the spear if anybody bothered to check the dimensions of everything.  They stepped out of Zena/Conan the Barbarian series, they do not belong in GOT, with that acting, costumes, dialogue, story.

But the world is full of bad TV, what's really upsetting is that the show seems to think what they did should be seen as good/empowering/positive...and that's just fucking gross and despicable.

I agree. And it makes me worry about the "women on top" tag line for the season. :uhoh:

8 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Yup, I figure just chalk things up to a time machine when we can't pause and enlarge the background props for a possible explanation.  Can't even count on D&D for a good game of Clue either.  

ETA:  Not all caught up now, trying, but may take til next visit.  Hopefully, I'll be better caught up on the tail end of the threads, hopefully, soon.  

Maybe it's the ship The Event Horizon from the movie of the same name. The ship could fold space creating an instant time warp. 

The ship somehow ripped a hole in space and ended up in an alternate universe bringing back all sorts of evil and disturbing things. I think that could explain the instant time jumps with the characters and the fact that the characters are not themselves and act opposite and bizarre. In normal Westeros Ramsay is evil, but Event Horizon Westeros Ramsay is a good, sympathetic person.

Cracked the code.

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I agree. And it makes me worry about the "women on top" tag line for the season. :uhoh:

I missed that.  Is that the real tag line?  I thought the ranters made that up to mock the show for putting all women on the ET cover story?  I've thought all this time it was ranting satire.  That is something the show put forward?  OMG.  The fuck? 

33 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

IMO the whole value system they are using is completely wrong and this already started in season 1. It already starts with their message "honor kills", being honorable leads to your death, ... Ned being presented as someone who is stupid by for example as someone who doesn't care if he is being followed, ... The constant message of REVENGE is your goal. You have their version of 'empowerment'. They made Ramsay a protagonist of the Winterfell story. They want to force us to care about Ramsay and Littlefinger. 

I don't know why but I am actually more upset about this than what they did to Stannis? I am just really pissed at what they did. I was already pissed when I heard what they did. But seeing those scenes made it just worst. They are almost offensive in every possible way. 

Jeey, photos of Meera (what is she doing there so alone in the snow? Bran, Edd, Asha and King Balon :bowdown: the Victor of the War of the 5 Kings who did only survive all five kings but now also Doran. 

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I missed that.  Is that the real tag line?  I thought the ranters made that up to mock the show for putting all women on the ET cover story?  I've thought all this time it was ranting satire.  That is something the show put forward?  OMG.  The fuck? 

Well, there was the EWwwww cover, and the interview with Mr Benioff and Mr Weiss. I don't know if it's the official tag line, but it seems this ideology is being pushed forward. 

Interesting new pictures. It appears Meera has discovered some sort of magical snow toilet. If the entire episode is her sitting through an horrendous bout of constipation before just giving up on it, it will still make more sense and be more entertaining than anything to do with Dorne.

38 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Where's that link for the westeros.org death poll? If they're giving this much attention to Ben Crompton I feel it's a safe bet that Dolorous Edd will not make it out of episode 2 alive. :/

Of course. That would be one more middle finger at the book readers. 

Also, excellent rant, @Coby's Watch

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Interesting new pictures. It appears Meera has discovered some sort of magical snow toilet. If the entire episode is her sitting through an horrendous bout of constipation before just giving up on it, it will still make more sense and be more entertaining than anything to do with Dorne.

I want you to know that when I read the words "Art Vandelay" I can't help smiling.  

Archived