[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

Just caught up with the thread. So, glad I have recaps and rants to read instead of actually watching. I like to get an idea of how crazy they are letting things get so that I can take solace George is probably going the completely opposite direction in TWOW.  It sounded like a disaster. It's sad how far the show has fallen. It was never without it's problems but it at least it was more logical and engaging in the first three seasons. I started getting bored in season 4 and season 5 really pissed me off with the Sansa Poole bullshit. I just can't wait for someone who actually liked the whole series to do an animated series that is faithful to the source material. I would definitely watch that.

49 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

Just caught up with the thread. So, glad I have recaps and rants to read instead of actually watching. I like to get an idea of how crazy they are letting things get so that I can take solace George is probably going the completely opposite direction in TWOW.  It sounded like a disaster. It's sad how far the show has fallen. It was never without it's problems but it at least it was more logical and engaging in the first three seasons. I started getting bored in season 4 and season 5 really pissed me off with the Sansa Poole bullshit. I just can't wait for someone who actually liked the whole series to do an animated series that is faithful to the source material. I would definitely watch that.

Well, you can tell with some of the actors and actress's attitudes. This show is not what it once was and they can tell there is some crazy plots.

9 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Well, you can tell with some of the actors and actress's attitudes. This show is not what it once was and they can tell there is some crazy plots.

I like it when we get some of the real behind the scenes stuff from people like Stephen and Ian because it tells me that it is a very toxic and disjointed creative environment. I think that D and D are unable to handle dissenting opinions in the writing room so they only have yes-men around them. That's why the writing has really gone into frat boy territory. They need more than just straight white males writing these stories. It becomes very myopic. Also the books should be a necessity for any new actor in the series to have read or at least audio listened to. The anti-book stuff weirds me out. The Walking Dead definitely has its problems but those actors take their source material seriously. They read the comics. They ask questions. I wish George had been showrunner. TWD is able to mostly retain it's comic origins because of Kirkman at the helm.

14 minutes ago, rosehustle1 said:

I like it when we get some of the real behind the scenes stuff from people like Stephen and Ian because it tells me that it is a very toxic and disjointed creative environment. I think that D and D are unable to handle dissenting opinions in the writing room so they only have yes-men around them. That's why the writing has really gone into frat boy territory. They need more than just straight white males writing these stories. It becomes very myopic. Also the books should be a necessity for any new actor in the series to have read or at least audio listened to. The anti-book stuff weirds me out. The Walking Dead definitely has its problems but those actors take their source material seriously. They read the comics. They ask questions. I wish George had been showrunner. TWD is able to mostly retain it's comic origins because of Kirkman at the helm.

Cogman and Dave Hill. Yes and if rumors are true, it is going to get even more unbelievable. They left the course GRRM set and I am glad for the books sake but the show is going down hill.

9 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Mel's scene back when she tried to seduce Jon reminded me of The Simpsons Booberella. 

Carice van Houten has talked about the script for that scene:

“One thing that really made me laugh was what one of the writers wrote in the script for the episode,” van Houten says. “There’s a line where Snow says, ‘I can’t because I swore a vow,’ and the direction written was, ‘Melisandre looks at him like bitch, please.’ I loved that!”  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/05/04/the-seduction-of-jon-snow-game-of-thrones-stars-kit-harington-and-carice-van-houten-tell-all.html

Emmy award winning writing everyone!

Yes, award winning stuff no doubt,  because Jons Nights Watch vows meant nothing to anybody, I also saw an article with an interview with the actor that plays Sam Tarly saying that Sam is really pleased with himself because his scheming to get Jon Snow the lord commanders position was done in order so that Sam could con Jon into sending Sam as far away from the wall as possible. It was intimated that Sam was planning all along to get sent to Oldtown so that he could keep it going with Gilly which completely changes how I view Sam. Sam now couldn't give a flying f--k about his nights watch vows, brothers or Jon. Another job well done D$D!

They don't tell the actors anything, we know this from the ones no longer on the show, and even from the ones who are, they say straight out, they won't tell me anything. You can't play a character that way. (Not that you can play empty characters doing empty things anyway). They are just making stuff up. They'd be better off if they just said vague general things a la Bull Durham, cliches are your friends.

Welp. I just watched the first episode. My general reaction was neither great anger nor great amusement. Overall, it was pretty boring.

Carol was 'Caroling'. Larry was 'Larrying'. Is it just me, or is it really weird that no one other than Carol and Larry have any reaction to the murder of a royal princess of Westeros? Grampa Sparrow seems not to have received the twitter update.

Dorne is apparently even more useless than last time although I felt really relieved at Bashir and Jonas' deaths. I have a foreboding that Faullaria is about to transform into FAegon...

The Wall was mildly interesting. But I didn't get the logic of why Davos&co. were protecting Jon's corpse. Do they know he's about to be resurrected? Huh?! And the NW continues to be moronic racists without two braincells to rub amongst them.

Rolled my eyes at Sansa forgetting the words of the vow. Then I remembered that this isn't Sansa Stark but Mrs.Fansa Bolton. Also, where did those dogs go?

The whole Dany thing was such a waste of dialogue and time. Pathetic. All of Essos including Arya was really ridiculous. Blah, blah, blah, Dany was doing it all wrong and Tyrion and Varys will save the Bay, blah, blah, blah. Thankfully there was no discussion of what private parts Grey Worm still had, if any.:ack:

Ramsay Sue was present in all his glory.

No Iron Islands, no Bran, no Sam, no LF, no Quiet Isle as of yet, but all of that will darken our screens soon I'm sure.

That's all. I'm pretty sure that this thread has covered pretty much all that I missed or forgot, so off I go to gorge myself on humour and sarcasm. Fun times.:cheers:

11 hours ago, Ruhail said:

Well it looks like Ep2 will be another shitfest

I don't know about shitfest. My reaction is more like: Meh, eh, okay, boring, thanks Obama GRRM (A+J=T?), whatever, boring, oh and Jon is back. Quelle surprise.  But most internet folks (even more critical ones) seem to be excited by it, which I don't get.

I guess they really prayed for a glimpse of AA for so long and only got Dorne in the flames, that this seem like the shit.

1 hour ago, ArabellaVidal said:

Welp. I just watched the first episode. My general reaction was neither great anger nor great amusement. Overall, it was pretty boring.

Carol was 'Caroling'. Larry was 'Larrying'. Is it just me, or is it really weird that no one other than Carol and Larry have any reaction to the murder of a royal princess of Westeros? Grampa Sparrow seems not to have received the twitter update.

Dorne is apparently even more useless than last time although I felt really relieved at Bashir and Jonas' deaths. I have a foreboding that Faullaria is about to transform into FAegon...

The Wall was mildly interesting. But I didn't get the logic of why Davos&co. were protecting Jon's corpse. Do they know he's about to be resurrected? Huh?! And the NW continues to be moronic racists without two braincells to rub amongst them.

Rolled my eyes at Sansa forgetting the words of the vow. Then I remembered that this isn't Sansa Stark but Mrs.Fansa Bolton. Also, where did those dogs go?

The whole Dany thing was such a waste of dialogue and time. Pathetic. All of Essos including Arya was really ridiculous. Blah, blah, blah, Dany was doing it all wrong and Tyrion and Varys will save the Bay, blah, blah, blah. Thankfully there was no discussion of what private parts Grey Worm still had, if any.:ack:

Ramsay Sue was present in all his glory.

No Iron Islands, no Bran, no Sam, no LF, no Quiet Isle as of yet, but all of that will darken our screens soon I'm sure.

That's all. I'm pretty sure that this thread has covered pretty much all that I missed or forgot, so off I go to gorge myself on humour and sarcasm. Fun times.:cheers:

OMG - how is this not already a thing??

I need the High Sparrow's Twitter feed commenting on the show in my life!

Can someone explain why in seven hells Davos hasn't asked Mel ANYTHING about Stannis, Shireen and Selyse? Because he's too busy guarding a corpse? How can this make any sense whatsoever? What a fucking joke.

Same goes for Larry and Carol never talking about the WoS, nothing, not even a question about Carol's new haircut. LOL

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Can someone explain why in seven hells Davos hasn't asked Mel ANYTHING about Stannis, Shireen and Selyse? Because he's too busy guarding a corpse? How can this make any sense whatsoever? What a fucking joke.

I'll try to explain.
But, first I have to ask are you looking for a logical explanation? I might have a hard time doing that.
But, if you are willing to accept a whole bunch of hand waving, I think I can come up with something.
Be prepared for something like the Chewbacca Defense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must find the plot sensible.

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'll try to explain.
But, first I have to ask are you looking for a logical explanation? I might have a hard time doing that.
But, if you are willing to accept a whole bunch of hand waving, I think I can come up with something.
Be prepared for something like the Chewbacca Defense.]

:lol:

I suppose it makes as much sense as anything on GoT.

"Whatever the plot demands!" Because that is an awesome way to tell a story. :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

OMG - how is this not already a thing??

I need the High Sparrow's Twitter feed commenting on the show in my life!

It's a shame that the blog If GOT took place entirely in Facebook is no longer a thing. This would be prime material

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:lol:

I suppose it makes as much sense as anything on GoT.

"Whatever the plot demands!" Because that is an awesome way to tell a story. :rolleyes:

Maybe Davos forgets about Shireen and Stannis.

But, hey that's okay. He'll just run down to the local gas station and pick himself up an InstaDaughter* and an InstaKing*.

*Brought to you by BatFinger Industries Corp.

39 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Same goes for Larry and Carol never talking about the WoS, nothing, not even a question about Carol's new haircut. LOL

You really want these guys making up dialogue about haircuts?

27 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I'll try to explain.
Be prepared for something like the Chewbacca Defense.

Let's do the hand wave again...

Archived