[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

8 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

What excuse are they going to give Carol for burning down KL? Grief after Tommen is killed on Larry's watch (Kid #3!)?

She's just a loving mom! All she cares about is her kids! Why doesn't everyone stop being mean to Carol!!!

Oh, it won't even be that bad. Since Carol can do no wrong, it will be something like her getting put into prison again for some "falsely treasonous" reason, and she will try to burn something to send a smoke signal to Larry to rescue her. In turn, she will catch the Red Keep on fire causing the whole city to go up in smoke.

Either that or Larry and Carol are having sex next to Tommen's dead body and they knock some candles over causing the whole place to go up.

Those are my options.

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Is she going to go looking for them at some point? Something has to part her from her beloved Boss Ass Bitch at some point.

Well, Brienne does still have to run into the BWB and, probably par for the show's course at this extremely late point, Lady Stoneheart at some point, right?!  That'd be a good way to make that happen:rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

-And I really loved Brienne's strategically leaving out the fact that she, for all she knows, killed Sandor and tried to forcibly take Arya from him.  And the only reason she doesn't have Arya now is because she ran away from her!  Oh yeah, the plot calls for Brienne knowing that Sandor lived and that Arya left with him (after Brienne basically threw him off a cliff!)  Retcon, FTW!:rolleyes:

She is now Brienne The Bullshitter.
Evidently, she must of told Pod to not discuss anything about Arya with Fansa.
The bullshit artist is covering up things from her boss. Nice.

1 hour ago, SuperMario said:

So, not sure if it was mentioned, but basically in order to dispel a few flurries you need to sacrifice a child in front of her parents. But to raise a being from the dead, all you need to do is give him a shave and a hair cut?

Also, when D&D read about Deus Ex Machina for the first time, they must have been like teenage boys finding Playboy magazines. That is their go-to save-the-day situation in about every episode whether it is dragons, the Brute, Wun-Wun, etc.

Also the fact that Stannis is the only one punished on the show for kislaying and then a few episodes after its kinslaying, kinslaying everywhere.

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I'm still struggling with the whole Mountain assassinating naysayers thing.

So Carol knows what people in random taverns are saying about her and sends an 8 foot tall zombie to quietly yet brutally assassinate them when they are alone? The logistics of that alone are mind boggling.

How does she know?

How does she know who it is? Extension of that being how does he know? It's not like he can go ask around or that she will go to the tavern with him and inconspicuously just wait for someone to start mouthing off. Is she giving him drawings?

Why does she care?

Why do I care?

Why does anyone care about anything?

Where do whores go?

Was that another fake cock I saw a silhouette off or have I gotten to the point of randomly imagining them during the show in an attempt to shock myself into not falling asleep? I really hope it's not the latter.

Nothing is nothing. 

There's some deep philosophical meaning beneath that mess. :lmao:

Wow. Just watched it. It was better than last weeks? I think. Yeah. I'll give it that. It's a solid 2/10. It gets a point for Alfie Allen's amazing acting, and a bonus point for Sansa managing to have a conversation with a eunuch Theon without ever making a dick joke. I'm sure that was difficult for the writers to leave out there. Well done. 

Other thoughts:

Ramsay really has some well trained dogs. I mean, he whistled and they went straight for the people to kill and eat them! Except of course for the bloodhounds who apparently run off at the sound of danger. Unless Ramsay taught them to teleport?! 

I think Brienne is basically writing her own fan fiction at this point, because her story about Arya and "a man" sounds weirdly romantic, and left out some super important details, like her KILLING him. Maybe in Brienne's world "a man" was actually Gendry because, you know, she ships it. 

Jon's resurrection... well, I was warned that it was boring but I sort of thought maybe it was an exaggeration based on the fact that we all knew it was coming, but nope, you guys were 100% right. I'll never doubt anything said on this thread ever again. It was super boring. She washed him, cut his hair, burnt his hair, put her hands on him and chanted... and then, predictably, everyone left and he dramatically opened his eyes. At least Ghost was there. Glad he exists this season. Probably means he's going to die though. 

Davos is no longer Davos. He needs a new name. He's Jon Snow fanboy #1 suddenly. Who is Stannis? Who is Shireen? And is Davos reading the books, because how else would he know that Melisansbra can bring back the dead? How would he even have this suspicion? And why would anyone think this was a good idea when they have wights running around? Seriously??? They're fighting the undead and they want to resurrect Jon? Even the wildlings? ugh. 

I hate St. Tyrion with a passion. I've never liked St. Tyrion, but I sort of understood that they'd decided to lighten him up a few shades. Fine. He got pretty dark in Dance so I can respect the decision to a degree. Some people like heroes that are more obvious. Fine. But he has literally no flaws and he does everything right. I think my first sign really was when he refused to sleep with the whore last season, who offered him sex for FREE because he was just so perfect. Ugh. And now he's a better mother to the dragons than Daenerys, Mother of Dragons? We see him drinking a lot but he displays no negative alcoholic tendencies, it's just one of his fun quirks - "I drink and I know things." Wow. I don't if Tyrion will be the third head of the dragon in the books, though I think it's a possibility. I have no doubt that St. Tyrion will ride a dragon in Westershow. And he'll probably walk on water. And his touch will save Jorah from greyscale.

Carol and Larry are just being Carol and Larry with their son Joffrey 2. I don't even see them as remotely connected to Cersei and Jaime so their story seldom actually bothers me at this point. Whatever. Larry's still an idiot. Carol's still a put-upon loving tiger mom. UnGregor has GPS. Meh. There's a lot of technology in Westershow that exists off screen. Teleporters, tracking devices, things that warp the space-time continuum around the user's vicinity, allowing some people to have aged years, while others remain in a state of permanent youth. The dragons are probably mechanical. I'm just waiting for the plot twist.

I'll still be back watching next week though. What can I do? I'm shamefully obsessed with how terrible this show has become. 

Oh! Thinking about it - I'm bumping the episode up to 3/10: they get another point for not showing me anything to do with Dorne. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ghost is definitely a goner, he's gotten more screen time already than all the direwolves combined for the last 2 seaons, LOL.  Definitely getting killed, probably as the spoiler said, by Ramsay Blofeld Goldfinger.

It was really stupid not to have Brienne mention the Hound, after all, she thought he was a bad guy, she knows fuck all about Sansa and the Hound's relationship, that is taking writing hackery to a new level.

And yeah, Davos not bothering to question Mel on anything, how did that little girl you wanted to kill die?  how is it you're the only one who made it out alive?  Nope.  He's all in on Zombie Jon Snow even though everything he's seen of Mel's magic would indicate Danger Will Robison...

It does sound romantic, better than anything they've shown on screen so far: “I saw her. She was with a man. I don’t think he hurt her. She didn’t want to leave him and he didn’t want to leave her.”

This was better than last week's episode. But still a lot that wasn't great. The Ironborn stuff fell rather flat with the lack of set up and it being so long since we've really seen them. Who is Euron? What's a kingsmoot? We know these things but all of this is just sort of mentioned in passing. 

Yet another talented actor unceremoniously killed for shock.

Jon's resurrection was alright. I'm just glad they didn't drag it over half the season. Why is Davos such a Jon Stan though? It's one thing for him to protect Jon's body against mutineer's, quite another to renounce all of his morals and ideals to ask Mel to try and rez Jon.

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It was really stupid not to have Brienne mention the Hound, after all, she thought he was a bad guy, she knows fuck all about Sansa and the Hound's relationship, that is taking writing hackery to a new level.

Fansa: So, Brienne brief me on your activities before finding me.

Brienne:
*I found Arya with this guy who I thought was a really nice. 
Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket.
I thought he was a real sweetheart.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
The nice guy wanted to keep Arya and I believed him. 
Yeah, that's the ticket.
The nice guy and I amicably agreed that he should keep Arya. 
That's the ticket.
So, I said to myself, let the nice guy keep Arya.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
And now Arya is with the really nice guy and she is doing fine.
Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
And then I found Stannis while looking for you lady Sansa.
Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.
But, Stannis was injured and I treated him and gave him something to drink.
That's the ticket.
But, Stannis died from his wounds, even though I tried treating him.
That's the ticket.*

Can't wait till Brienne tries to sell bullshit to Davos.

11 minutes ago, protar said:

This was better than last week's episode. But still a lot that wasn't great. The Ironborn stuff fell rather flat with the lack of set up and it being so long since we've really seen them. Who is Euron? What's a kingsmoot? We know these things but all of this is just sort of mentioned in passing. 

Yet another talented actor unceremoniously killed for shock.

Jon's resurrection was alright. I'm just glad they didn't drag it over half the season. Why is Davos such a Jon Stan though? It's one thing for him to protect Jon's body against mutineer's, quite another to renounce all of his morals and ideals to ask Mel to try and rez Jon.

I still am finding it much better than last year, but maybe I've become hardened and expect stupid plot progression so it takes really bad stuff to move me to full ranting.

Yeah, Euron's entrance really lame.  If he's going to be a big part going forward, comparing his intro to that of Tywin or the Red Viper, very flat.  Didn't help it was super dark in that scene.  

His resurrection was 'okay' but soooo by the books.  Nothing at all innovative or even interesting, not even good music.  

So a couple of other nitpicks.

Does Cersei just have mountainstein tailing everyone who insults her to murder them? 

Are they going to explore the tensions that would logically result from the wildlings initiating a coup of the Wall? Are the NW just fine with that? Why doesn't Tyrion send Missandei to free the dragons when he just established that they reliably wouldn't hurt her?

18 minutes ago, protar said:

Does Cersei just have mountainstein tailing everyone who insults her to murder them? 

Are they going to explore the tensions that would logically result from the wildlings initiating a coup of the Wall? Are the NW just fine with that? Why doesn't Tyrion send Missandei to free the dragons when he just established that they reliably wouldn't hurt her?

Excellent question! Why making him ask for that and then not using her to introduce him? It's like nothing they say has any meaning at all.

Regarding the boring ass resurrection, I just want to link again to the way the 'kiss of life' is depicted in the absolutely great Cyanide RPG:

https://youtu.be/m7kbaQ3YShI?t=7m21s

https://youtu.be/FdBrpW4aX3w?t=19m49s

Why changing a kiss with special effects for a fucking haircut?

21 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

He's long past Mary Sue, at this point he's crossed the event horizon into Black Hole Sue territory http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackHoleSue

That is great and very accurate. Did not know that was a trope, but there is nothing more fitting for St. Tyrion than that.

The only way St. Tyrion dies on the show is in some Jesus-like sacrifice where he will die so that the realm may live. IF he dies, it will be in the final season. After his passing, all the survivors of Westeroff will pass the Saint's body across a sea of mourners, so everyone can touch his greatness before he is loaded onto whichever dragon he will inevitably ride later this season. Then that dragon will ride off into the sky where St. Tryion can ascend to his heaven.

22 minutes ago, protar said:

Why doesn't Tyrion send Missandei to free the dragons when he just established that they reliably wouldn't hurt her?

That bothered me so much. Why didn't she at least come with him? 

Then I remembered she's a woman. She can't possibly do it. 

I also have to be a little disappointed that Tyrion didn't tell the dragons about his cousin Orson. That was such a gripping scene the first time around. 

30 minutes ago, protar said:

because AJT 

58 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Fansa: So, Brienne br,your activities before findingthis me.

Brienne:
*I found Arya with this guy who I thought was a really nice. 
Yeah, Yeah, that's the ticket.
I thought he was a real sweetheart.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
The nice guy wanted to keep Arya and I believed him. 
Yeah, that's the ticket.
The nice guy and I amicably agreed that he should keep Arya. 
That's the ticket.
So, I said to myself, let the nice guy keep Arya.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
And now Arya is with the really nice guy and she is doing fine.
Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
And then I found Stannis while looking for you lady Sansa.
Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.
But, Stannis was injured and I treated him and gave him something to drink.
That's the ticket.
But, Stannis died from his wounds, even though I tried treating him.
That's the ticket.*

Can't wait till Brienne tries to sell bullshit to Davos.

Davos would be all, Stannis who? Why are you telling me this ,strange brutish woman ?

Archived