[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

Anyone else get irrationally angry when they see ignorant headlines like this

Game of Thrones Ressurected Star Kills Warging Fan Theory - IGN

Besides the fact that they just trolled everyone who hasn't seen it yet with their headline, the amount of ignorance shown by the media who are supposed to cover this stuff just adds to all the misunderstandings.  They're talking about a book theory, which relies on evidence in the text, which is "proven wrong" by an actor interview about the show, to say that the Jon-wargs-ghost theory is untrue.  My eyes almost rolled out of my head on this one.  I can't even.

And if your blood pressure is feeling a little low today, read some of the comments.  Definitely not for the faint of heart.

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just watched the teaser for ep 3. Why does young Ned look so constipated? 

Thought he was Neil Patrick Harris in a new show.

Urgggggggh Kit why dont you just stick to being the wooden uncharismatic protagonist. 

1 minute ago, Ruhail said:

Thought he was Neil Patrick Harris in a new show.

Urgggggggh Kit why dont you just stick to being the wooden uncharismatic protagonist. 

Then when NotDayne said "now it begins" he could have said "wait for it!" :lol:

17 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is he Ned? I thought they have changed ned's line to Howland's and it was HR versus Arthur.

He looks more similar to Jojen than to Ned.

14 minutes ago, The Wull said:

Besides the fact that they just trolled everyone who hasn't seen it yet with their headline, the amount of ignorance shown by the media who are supposed to cover this stuff just adds to all the misunderstandings.  They're talking about a book theory, which relies on evidence in the text, which is "proven wrong" by an actor interview about the show, to say that the Jon-wargs-ghost theory is untrue.  My eyes almost rolled out of my head on this one.  I can't even.

And if your blood pressure is feeling a little low today, read some of the comments.  Definitely not for the faint of heart.

Really? So no warging......."perfect"

11 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

After purposefully not having the Stark children (save Bran) warg at all, Ramsay-sue will warg into the dogs to live a fulfilling second life of yet more murder.

Please no!!

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ned: My bowls are as tight as the hairdo on Sansa's head *moans and rubs his belly* Ugh, now it ends :( 

NotDayne: Your honor has got you all bound up. Here try the Weisserease laxative... because this is where it begins *smiles and teeth shimmer pale as moonlight*  :D

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Because GoT has gone so commercial, they are making ads now. 

Ned: My bowls are as tight as the hairdo on Sansa's head *moans and rubs his belly* Ugh, now it ends :( 

NotDayne: Your honor has got you all bound up. Here try the Weisserease laxative... because this is where it begins *smiles and teeth shimmer pale as moonlight*  :D

Perfect! Makes perfect sense now! :lol:

2 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

If I died and gets brought back and there was "nothing" in between, wouldn't I just experience that as though there was no gap between the two events, I mean, there wouldn't actually be an ability to experience "oblivion" would there?

Well kind of... this is extremely difficult to explain.

I suppose the key to being "aware" of the "nothing" is to have been positive you were going to die so then you can understand the experience after you are revived. The best description I can give "oblivion" is it's like before you were born, but that is so lacking in the effect for you, it's a profound feeling.

Anyway Kit's interview had me smh because I did not feel that way about it, almost the opposite, although I imagine it would effect everyone differently. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, The Wull said:

If Tyrion turns out to be a Targ on the show, expect the following headline to appear a lot:

SHOCKING! GAME OF THRONES FAN THEORY CONFIRMED IN THE SHOW! THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR VIEW ON A GAME OF THRONES CHARACTER FOREVER!

Hell, expect headlines like that when R+L=J is confirmed on the show. I'm just Tyrion is a Targ as an example cause that's a theory that I could see D&D confirming on the show while it's confirmed as false in the books.

(For the record, while I think Tyrion is Lannister through and through, I do see how one can come to the conclusion he is a secret Targ based on the text. My point is more theory being confirmed/denied on the show does not equal the same result in the books)

So with the newly released images for episode 3 of Qyburn and the small children and a new one with Kevan in it, is it safe to say possibly him and Pycell are the casualties for this week's bloodbath? Maybe even Kevan, Pycell and Qyburn for why not, more "Blood for the Blood God" and all.  

Are they going to keep up killing all secondary characters until only their faves are left? Because if this keeps up i am not sure how they are going to be able to do anything of interest with the characters left except for putting them all in the same location... I mean not that any would be attached to show-Kevan or Qyburn as they have little to no screen time to speak of, maybe Qyburn has a little, but i cannot say i find any interest in him. But if this proves true the whole small council will be cleansed in an episode, if not only Qyburn will remain with Mace, but he's gone sooo Qyburn might as well be hand of the king, master of coin, master of whisper, master of law, master of war and everything else since i don't think they will fill up these spots. 

This show can't possibly think they can live solely on Carol, Larry, S. Tyrion, Marxys, Batfinger, Wamsey, the Jon Brigade and the grumpy wildlings, Ironborn, Daredevil-Arya, Deadpan and her two rescuers, the obviously dead by seasons end Tyrells and Bro-Sam? I know they are ``tying`` it all up and all, but killing any character that might cause them to think for more than 2 seconds on a storyline is not a good idea. I know Kevan and Pycell should have been dead already, but in Kevan's case it would do good to develop him a little at least, after all they have nearly cut out all his scenes from prior books. If they kill him this episode with maybe a small snarky small council scene, well i won't feel anything, no show-only watcher will feel anything other than indifference at best. 

Gah, this purging of the cast feels so damn forced... you can probably predict whose turn is up for every episode this season. By the end of it i am sure bizzaro westeros will be reduced to 8-9 actors looking slyly at each other with enough cock/eunuch jokes to fill an whole hour. :angry: 

So in the short span of that interview clip he got in two big themes of the show, he must not have had time for "most girls are idiots"...

"Nothing is just nothing":

‘Nothing, there was nothing at all.’... He’s been over the line and there’s nothing there.

And "weighed down by honor" (honor is stupid and gets you killed):

Jon’s never been afraid of death, and that’s made him a strong and honorable person. He realizes something about his life now: He has to live it, because that’s all there is...

So he was killed and now he has learned his lesson. He's going to play dirty?

The Tommen actor also said something similar, that he has to "man up"... and they just had him grovel to Cersei (like his old man).

There is another option, a person can be honorable and smart. Honor is not actually stupid. It's the the thing that makes the nothing something.

5 hours ago, LongRider said:

By changing the story, they've caused themselves more problems than if they had just followed the actual story line.  They had the fight in the Inn with Poliver first thing in S4 so had no one to fight the Hound their precious 'shocking' ninth episode.  So they made up this mess and 'shock' now they have total shit on their hands and don't know what to do with it. 

Surprise!

Yeah, they thought that was clever. I suspect they think the "a man" stuff is clever, too.

This just sounds way too romantic, and they have done a bunch of Blackwater callbacks with Sansa and Sandor (remember, "You won't hurt me" and he didn't want to leave her, and while he was with Arya, regretted leaving Sansa, books and show):

"She was with a man. I don't think he hurt her. She didn't want to leave him, and he didn't want to leave her."

Everyone instantly said, that sounds romantic. And there's no way they are going there with Arya/Sandor. But look at who she's telling that to, Sansa. And lots of people have said, why didn't she tell Sansa about the Hound!

And there was a lot of setup with Sansa/Sandor. So I'm suspecting this is setup for his return. And I think his return is going to upstage Jon's return. I'm rather looking forward to that. :lol:

I'll bet Kit deep down knows this is total BS too. I mean, we've just had a show full of religions, in various forms, and Jon is basically refuting all of them, because he's the only one on the show who has died and opened up and talked about his resurrection experience.

Plus, Dave and Dan don't know how they have opened up a massive can of worms with this. I mean, fan conventions and such are going to be either a lot less interesting now, or fountains of much controversy. Instead of exploring the new and fun ways of fantasy that the story would introduce with the warging thing, Kit might become the unwelcome center of debates about atheism. Or nihilism. Or both. You don't tackle a powerful subject like this and have it diverge specifically from the source material without inviting accusations about grafting your own personal beliefs into the story. Not that Jon should come back blabbing about God (the gods) or purgatory or something, but IF YOU WANT TO DODGE THE ISSUE FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES, WHY *NOT*  have your soul go into an animal for a whileit would in fact, be a clever and welcome dodge from having to have to go into religious debates. Or dragging the author himself into such a debate. I mean, what if journalists drink the Kool-Aid and call out GRRM in the media or try to interview him (mistakenly believing that D/D are simply relating what he told them) and ask him "So are you endorsing atheism?" he can't reply. Let's see D/D try to hide behind the author on this one!

Oh that's right, you're not supposed to approach GRRM for interviews. He's not important anymore, except in the context of whatever Dave and Dan say. And to them, he does not exist.

So I'd love to know what all these actors are going to say at the 2016 Comic-Con. I'd imagine the panel will be even smaller and less interesting this year than even last year. Great way to go D/D. killing off any enthusiasm your cast might have for their characters. I mean, it's one thing for the actors to have to babble this nonsense to a journalist with a straight face (and some can't even do that, it shows...and some won't even do it at all --when was the last time we saw Peter do a GOT interview?)  it's another thing to try to have them sit before rooms full of enthusiastic fans and parrot the stupid, I think by now they know that it's a load of stupid, I mean come ON not EVERYONE in the show right to the likes of Sam can be such selfish jerks, right D/D? and I'm sure some of them have for this very reason  dipped into the books by now to find out if GRRM really is this dumb, and finding out he isn't. And not even that, I know they know by how what they are doing  contradicts earlier seasons in such a massive way. You can see it in the interviews, I really think even Sophie and Maisie don't take D/D seriously any longer. I choose to think that they mask their contempt for D/D behind a mask of youthful snark. They've been out in the world by now and worked with  directors who are so much better, they know screenwriters who are better.

Plus, I'm sure a lot of the actors are getting sick and tired of being interviewed by journalists, TV talk show hosts, etc who either had read the books before the series started,  or more likely picked up the books by now, b/c the TV show was so good, getting asked "So do you read the books, you know, to get an insight into where your character is going?" you know, stuff like that, and them having to say that "no, I haven't, so we just go from the scripts", when so many of them have, and you can tell they're just dying to discuss it. Esp the older actors. Normally, this is where the actor starts waxing enthusiastic about the author and what a great story he's written, etc etc, LIKE ANY OTHER FRANCHISE IN HISTORY, but even mentioning GRRM's name in interviews is verboten I guess, I think we're supposed to exist in a part of the Matrix where he doesn't exist. I'm starting to read body language and looks in interviews and you can tell how frustrating this  for the actors. I mean hasn't Kit read part of the books?

We already have Sophie/Sansa looking stupid. Is it D/D's mission to have Kit (jon) look stupid? Oh I forgot, he mentioned warging last year in London, means he read the books. I guess he wrote his own stupidity meter right there.

God, sometimes I think George is cursed. Of all the morons in the entertainment industry, he has to get stuck with the Goldman Sachs jerks...who are not only 1%-er a**holes with the corresponding dick attitudes towards everyone and everything (no empathy for the smallfolk, they have no understanding of pain and suffering beyond the fact that it's great popcorn-munching entertainment....Goldman Sachs people  in the 1%-er eyrie), racist, sexist, homophobic,  with a creepy obsession with rape, no compassion towards anyone or anything, we appear to have a crew of nihilistic jerks who don't even believe in religion either. Not that I'm knocking athiests, but you don't have to go out of your way to sound so god-darn HOPELESS. I mean, that's the hope we all have no matter how hopeless this life is, that there's something waiting for all of us, you know, pie in the sky at least.

As others have said, why should Jon be so afraid of death now that he knows it won't make a  difference, there's no Seven Hells, and shouldn't he want to come back from the dead all if the more if he died again precisely b/c he knows there's nothing there?

At the very least, at the artistic level, you'd include the warging BECAUSE IT MAKES THE STORY MORE INTERESTING. I dread the Nymeria stuff now. Why have Nym and the great pack of wolves running around the Riverlands if not to show Arya's eventual relationship with them? What's their function going to be in the show then? To be a giant roaming garbage disposal dump for anybody killed in Riverlands battles?

Yes, if they at least intimated that Jon may have warged into Ghost it's better than this BS that the  person playing Jon Snow and Jon snow now both know due to the never ending wisdom of D$D that there is no afterlife. Religions everywhere can just give up and go home because it's been answered conclusively on GoT.  It may at least prove what has been said so often, that Jon Snow knows nothing!

31 minutes ago, Morna The Maid said:

I'll bet Kit deep down knows this is total BS too. I mean, we've just had a show full of religions, in various forms, and Jon is basically refuting all of them, because he's the only one on the show who has died and opened up and talked about his resurrection experience.

Plus, Dave and Dan don't know how they have opened up a massive can of worms with this. I mean, fan conventions and such are going to be either a lot less interesting now, or fountains of much controversy. Instead of exploring the new and fun ways of fantasy that the story would introduce with the warging thing, Kit might become the unwelcome center of debates about atheism. Or nihilism. Or both. You don't tackle a powerful subject like this and have it diverge specifically from the source material without inviting accusations about grafting your own personal beliefs into the story. Not that Jon should come back blabbing about God (the gods) or purgatory or something, but IF YOU WANT TO DODGE THE ISSUE FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES, WHY *NOT*  have your soul go into an animal for a whileit would in fact, be a clever and welcome dodge from having to have to go into religious debates. Or dragging the author himself into such a debate. I mean, what if journalists drink the Kool-Aid and call out GRRM in the media or try to interview him (mistakenly believing that D/D are simply relating what he told them) and ask him "So are you endorsing atheism?" he can't reply. Let's see D/D try to hide behind the author on this one!

My God, sometimes I think George is cursed. Of all the morons in the entertainment industry, he has to get stuck with guys who are not only 1%-er a**holes with the corresponding dick attitudes towards everyone and everything (no empathy for the smallfolk, they have no understanding of pain and suffering beyond the fact that it's great popcorn-munching entertainment  Goldman Sachs people  in the 1%-er eyrie), racist, sexist, homophobic,  with a creepy obsession with rape, no compassion towards anyone or anything, we appear to have a crew of nihilistic jerks who don't even believe in religion either. Not that I'm knocking athiests, but you don't have to go out of your way to sound so god-darn HOPELESS. I mean, that's the hope we all have no matter how hopeless this life is, that there's something waiting for all of us, you know, pie in the sky at least.

At the very least, at the artistic level, you'd include the warging BECAUSE IT MAKES THE STORY MORE INTERESTING. I dread the Nymeria stuff now. Why have Nym and the great pack of wolves running around the Riverlands if not to show Arya's eventual relationship with them? What's their function going to be in the show then? To be a giant roaming garbage disposal dump for anybody killed in Riverlands battles?

4 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Yes, if they at least intimated that Jon may have warged into Ghost it's better than this BS that the  person playing Jon Snow and Jon snow now both know due to the never ending wisdom of D$D that there is no afterlife. Religions everywhere can just give up and go home because it's been answered conclusively on GoT.  It may at least prove what has been said so often, that Jon Snow knows nothing!

Archived