[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Yup.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Quite_a_Few_Questions

Are all the Stark children wargs/skin changers with their wolves?

To a greater or lesser degree, yes, but the amount of control varies widely.

Yes I know that Lady is dead, but assuming they were all alive and all the children as well, would all the wolves have bonded to the kids as Bran and Summer did?

Thanks for finding that SSM KBF!  I've tried searching them before and have never had any luck.     :cheers:

3 hours ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Side rant : Why did they ever bother to sexualise Marg that much in the first place ? They've spent  four seasons making her super tacky, and before s5 I thought "okay they have no subtlety whatsoever and just want to hammer the future fornication accusations" ; but then : perjury. Her great sin turned out to be : perjury. Why ? I don't get it. 

Yeah, that would be the logical thing. 

They do the Madonna-Whore thing with women, Marg is the Whore, Carol is the Madonna. Poor Carol! Marg stole Joffrey, then Tommen from her, with her cleavage. 

The mystery is how Brienne the Brute steals Larry from her. Books, she already has, with love. Gentler than Cersei. Show, am thinking the Big Moment may still happen.

5 hours ago, Morna The Maid said:

I only hope that this Goldman Sachs money is not used to buy off literary critics when TWOW comes out ("look how bad it is compared to the show", "GRRM is just needless filler", "what this what all the fuss was about? Colossal yawn", "Of course TWOW different from the show. GRRM changed his story so it wouldn't conflict with the TV show, thanks George for doing the show-runners a favor and not plagerizing them" etc.

Jaysus, the way it's going, this last may not be empty conspiracy theory....

Excellent rant. As for the upcoming Winds of Winter, I can only guess what the fan reaction will be, both for book fans and show fans and everyone in between. (I'm excited as can be, and I have a tendency to forgive a lot in a creative endeavor if it's from an author or story I really enjoy.) Essentially, this book has nigh-impossible expectations attached to it. People will be ready to laud it (so much better than the show!) and risk disappointment, or nitpick to death (filler! slow pacing! show did it better!), and it won't be pretty. 

Personally, I'm looking forward it just like A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons – its more A Song of Ice and Fire! :D The show can't touch it. 

A maybe encouraging bit with NCW (near the beginning), he's maybe going to decide he doesn't want to fill daddy's shoes:

And Roose actor, "people coming back from the past" other than Jon, and revenge. I guess Sandor will jump aboard the revenge train. If only he could chop LF in half.

5 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

A maybe encouraging bit with NCW (near the beginning), he's maybe going to decide he doesn't want to fill daddy's shoes:

And Roose actor, "people coming back from the past" other than Jon, and revenge. I guess Sandor will jump aboard the revenge train. If only he could chop LF in half.

I could almost forgive no Manderly plot if we got Sandor chopping LF to bits and making a pie! 

22 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

Excellent rant. As for the upcoming Winds of Winter, I can only guess what the fan reaction will be, both for book fans and show fans and everyone in between. (I'm excited as can be, and I have a tendency to forgive a lot in a creative endeavor if it's from an author or story I really enjoy.) Essentially, this book has nigh-impossible expectations attached to it. People will be ready to laud it (so much better than the show!) and risk disappointment, or nitpick to death (filler! slow pacing! show did it better!), and it won't be pretty. 

Personally, I'm looking forward it just like A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons – its more A Song of Ice and Fire! :D The show can't touch it. 

Winds could literally just be the sample chapters followed by 300 pages of Tormund making dick jokes, and it would still be better than the show.

I'm hoping that the show is acting as a release valve for all the people who are obsessed with how the main plot will end and nothing else. I felt Feast-Dance got a lot of undeserved hate from that segment of the readership (personally I love those books).

7 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Winds could literally just be the sample chapters followed by 300 pages of Tormund making dick jokes, and it would still be better than the show.

I'm hoping that the show is acting as a release valve for all the people who are obsessed with how the main plot will end and nothing else. I felt Feast-Dance got a lot of undeserved hate from that segment of the readership (personally I love those books).

Have to agree.  Whilst their styles do differ (and I was taken aback by the geographical split and new PoVs at first), there is just so much to unpack and it pays re-read after re-read.

6 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Couldn't agree more. Yes, I love Feast and Dance as well. And some of my very favourite chapters are in those two books. 

28 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I guess Sandor will jump aboard the revenge train. 

Geez, I hope Sandor's return doesn't just become about him fighting Robert Strong. You know getting revenge.
I thought book!Sandor's arc was about him, you know, not letting being obsessed with revenge destroy his life.

But, D & D probably see it differently. Because, you know, what's better than revenge, right?

7 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

Can't watch it right now, what does he say ?

Here, and I'm bolding the decision he makes in the books:

He has to deal with his sister, first and foremost. And he also has to, I mean, they lost their father, he's now the man in the house. And you know, I guess his father wanted to step up and take his place, and I guess Jaime now has to find out if that's what he should do or not.

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Geez, I hope Sandor's return doesn't just become about him fighting Robert Strong. You know getting revenge.
I thought book!Sandor's arc was about him, you know, not letting being obsessed with revenge destroy his life.

But, D & D probably see it differently. Because, you know, what's better than revenge, right?

I thought more in terms of getting revenge for Sansa.

Look at this face... he loves her.

Maybe, just maybe, for once on this god forsaken show, love > hate.

4 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I thought more in terms of getting revenge for Sansa.

No, I understand what you meant. I was not trying to contradict you. 

I am just worried about Sandor's return being about Clegane Bowl.

And yeah, I want to see LF bite it, the slime bag.

ETA:

I don't think your scenario is just all about revenge. Clegane Bowl is pretty much the case however.

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

No, I understand what you meant. I was not trying to contradict you. 

I am just worried about Sandor's return being about Clegane Bowl.

And yeah, I want to see LF bite it, the slime bag.

I very much doubt CleganeBowl will happen in the books. And I think it won't on GoT either, BUT... I can see how it could be seen as something just plain "irresistible" for the showrunners. :ack:

Have to give props to ranters here. This is such a wonderful topic! The analyses are top-notch, the rants are humorous, great fun to read and most importantly TRUE.

@Morna The Maid High-quality rants. :thumbsup: And because it was a series here's two more: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

@Sir Loin Steak I enjoy your posts so much! :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Ser Quork Also one of the best avatars ever. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@ Everybody: Thank you so much for your efforts! These rant threads are like a tonic for the brain.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

I very much doubt CleganeBowl will happen in the books. And I think it won't on GoT either, BUT... I can see how it could be seen as something just plain "irresistible" for the showrunners. :ack:

Agree about the books. And I think it probably won't happen in the show. But, given D & D's track record you have to be worried a little bit.

Archived