Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 5: Getting some Strange

GallowKnight

46 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Also is Hela going to be Loki's daughter as per comic canon?

Pretty sure Stan and Jack got that idea from a pre=existing canon. ;)

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Real one too I'm pretty sure. I don't think Loki killed him. There was a rumor

Hide contents

That he was banished to earth and is now a homeless person ranting about how the end is near. 

Spoiler

Nah; surely he's in a British nursing home for interesting (profitable) diseases; fondling the clean linen.

3 hours ago, mormont said:

Spoiler

Shhsh; don't tell them.

7 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:
  Hide contents

Nah; surely he's in a British nursing home for interesting (profitable) diseases; fondling the clean linen.

http://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif

I was kind of not expecting to see Odin again given how much Hopkins seemed opposed to it:

Maybe Odin dies, I don't know," Hopkins told MTV. "I've done two; that's enough.

I had hoped that wasn't true given even if he was dead, Loki would still be impersonating him so they'd still need him for some of the film.

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Also is Hela going to be Loki's daughter as per comic canon? And you surely can't have Ragnarok without Fenrir, why didn't Marvel comics bring us Fenrir?

It would be difficult to make a believable case of Blanchett being Hiddleston's daughter. Although, they can use that magic they used on Tony Stark in Captain America: Civil War.

I heard that Blanchett is more likely to play Mistress of Death/Hela, tying her also to Infinity Wars and Thanos. Blanchett likes to do franchises so she might have been open for more than one movie deal. 

1 minute ago, Risto said:

It would be difficult to make a believable case of Blanchett being Hiddleston's daughter.

They're Norse gods. And specifically, Loki is the god of illusions. Him appearing to be the same age or younger than his daughter is not going to be a huge plot hole.

51 minutes ago, mormont said:

They're Norse gods. And specifically, Loki is the god of illusions. Him appearing to be the same age or younger than his daughter is not going to be a huge plot hole.

Yeah, I guess you have the point, but at the same time, the appearance in these movies matters. That is why we have older actors playing Frigga and Odin. It is easier to buy them as Loki's and Thor's parents. That is why I don't think they will do entire Loki's daughter angle. 

Although, I have watched a Turkish TV show where the actor playing a son is a year older than the actress playing his mother. And they were not Norse gods. Just the sultana and shezade :)

7 hours ago, mormont said:

Well I know that, I do play Smite after all :D I was a wee bit surprised they went that deep into Norse mythology in the Marvel comics. And yet they still excluded Fenrir, who is kinda synonymous with Ragnarok.

4 hours ago, mormont said:

Loki has 3 children; Hel; Fenrir (a huge wolf with venemous drool) and Jörmungandr (a huge serpent who circles the world and eats his own tail). Having Hel look older than Loki is NOT a stretch (comparatively)

So apparently in one of the non-contemporary Marvel Comic timelines Hulk beats Fenrir to death using Jörmungandr as his chosen weapon, killing Jörmungandr in the process of course. That would be kinda neat to see on screen. I wonder how Hiddle-Loki would react to that?

Search feature seems to be off, and I couldn't remember if we had a thread for GotG volume 2 or not.  So I figured I would put this in here.

Speculation is that the villain for GotG2 has been revealed.

Spoiler

A new report by Joblo now maintains that the main villain of the piece will be none other than Ayesha.

For those not in the know, the celestial being Ayesha has gone by a number of different names including Paragon, Kismet, and Her, the latter of which being the character’s first moniker. Ayesha was created by the Enclave, a group of scientists who tried to create perfect genetic beings to take over and repopulate the world. The first of these was Him, who eventually became the character Adam Warlock, who was a member of the Guardians for a time and who has become a very powerful and important character, who may or may not show up in the greater MCU cosmic titles, possibly even Avengers: Infinity War.

I know very little of the celestial aspect of the Marvel Universe, but they handled the first GotG very well; so I'll work on the assumption this is a good move.

Speaking of the off planet MCU films... I also just came across this.

Thor: Ragnarok may adapt a portion of the Planet Hulk story.

I've seen Thor 3 described as an intergalactic buddy film.  I suppose you could integrate the PH story by having Thor needing some back-up and hearing rumors of Hulk doing his Hulk thing and then going to collect him.  :dunno: 

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Search feature seems to be off, and I couldn't remember if we had a thread for GotG volume 2 or not.  So I figured I would put this in here.

Speculation is that the villain for GotG2 has been revealed.

Hide contents

A new report by Joblo now maintains that the main villain of the piece will be none other than Ayesha.

For those not in the know, the celestial being Ayesha has gone by a number of different names including Paragon, Kismet, and Her, the latter of which being the character’s first moniker. Ayesha was created by the Enclave, a group of scientists who tried to create perfect genetic beings to take over and repopulate the world. The first of these was Him, who eventually became the character Adam Warlock, who was a member of the Guardians for a time and who has become a very powerful and important character, who may or may not show up in the greater MCU cosmic titles, possibly even Avengers: Infinity War.

I know very little of the celestial aspect of the Marvel Universe, but they handled the first GotG very well; so I'll work on the assumption this is a good move.

Spoiler

Seems odd to do this without Warlock. We all saw the cocoon in the Collectors possession, maybe it was Her's not His?

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:
  Hide contents

Seems odd to do this without Warlock. We all saw the cocoon in the Collectors possession, maybe it was Her's not His?

The article I read on this news yesterday speculated that Kurt Russel is Warlock, and Star Lord's father.

Archived