Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion 5: Getting some Strange

GallowKnight

47 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Guardians Vol. 2 concept art.

I like that they didn't make Mantis green -- might have been overkill.

This article also mentions a tiny spoiler about mini-Groot, who will be more energetic and rowdy in this film. I'm not too sure how I feel about that. A big part of Groot's charm is he is not only so different from Rocket Raccoon in size, but also in temperament. Not having that quiet, stoic strength there will change the energy and dynamic of the group.

It seems to hint, not confirm, that this isn't the same Groot, but possibly a new Groot grown from the seed of Groot from GotG vol1.

On 15/07/2016 at 7:03 PM, PetyrPunkinhead said:

This article also mentions a tiny spoiler about mini-Groot, who will be more energetic and rowdy in this film. I'm not too sure how I feel about that. A big part of Groot's charm is he is not only so different from Rocket Raccoon in size, but also in temperament. Not having that quiet, stoic strength there will change the energy and dynamic of the group.

Hide contents

It seems to hint, not confirm, that this isn't the same Groot, but possibly a new Groot grown from the seed of Groot from GotG vol1.

Well, if we apply typical infant/child behaviour one would expect a baby sentient tree to be a bit more energetic and boisterous than the ancient tree from which it was grafted. I think it'd be funny for Rocket to find lil'Groot to be a handful to manage. 

On 3-7-2016 at 5:18 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That would be a great addition to a Deadpool sequel. Just completely random :) But I guess Marvel holds the right to that particular character.

Marvel panel happening right now. Some notable announcements for Black Panther -- we got character confirmation for Michael B. Jordan, who is playing Erik Killmonger. Lupita could be playing a Dora Milaje, but details are sketchy. Big announcement was Danai Gurira is in the movie, too -- Michonne from Walking Dead! She'll be playing the leader of the Dora Milaje.

9 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

At this point, I think it's easier to come up with a list of actors who don't have a role in MCU.

I was about to say Nick Cage, but he was actually Ghost Rider. So...uh...um. Well, most actresses I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Dickwad Poster #3784 said:

I was about to say Nick Cage, but he was actually Ghost Rider. So...uh...um. Well, most actresses I guess. 

Here's some useless info concerning Nikolas Cage. 

He changed his last name after LukeCage. People probably already know this but I just found this out and thought it was cool how he changed his name to a comic book character. 

2 hours ago, The Wolves said:
2 hours ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Brie Larson officially announced as Captain Marvel.

Marvel is life!!!!! 

I've seen a lot of posts which are really big on Brie Larson. Any roles I should check out? My only exposure to her is as Envy in Scott Pilgrim, which she was fine in but wasn't exactly something to show off her range.

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

That looks really good.

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It was in the Dr. Strange specific thread, but thought I'd post it here as well:

I feel completely unenthusiastic about this one, despite it having Mads Mikkelsen, Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor in the cast. Tha's a first for a Marvel movie.

10 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

I've seen a lot of posts which are really big on Brie Larson. Any roles I should check out? My only exposure to her is as Envy in Scott Pilgrim, which she was fine in but wasn't exactly something to show off her range.

Haven't seen it yet myself, but everyone says she was great in Room. She was also pretty funny in 21 Jump Street.

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

It looks incredible.

I like the look of it as well, although it doesn't even come close to the Wonder Woman trailer. I do hope to God that Mads Mikkelsen isn't wasted on another forgettable Marvel villain. He's the main draw for me. 

Archived