The Kingkiller Chronicles Finds Its Writer

AncalagonTheBlack

47 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Raimi made Legend of the Seeker.

He produced it but he was very hands-off in the making of the show. His directing chops (on TV and in film) are much more impressive (okay, excepting Spider-Man 3).

One does wonder considering how very long all of this is taking whether the moment for such genre to screen has peaked?  Anyway, the trilogy isn't finished and one knows how that works out, going from print to screen. 

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

He produced it but he was very hands-off in the making of the show. His directing chops (on TV and in film) are much more impressive (okay, excepting Spider-Man 3).

Yeah but it's all I think when I here Raimi and fantasy mentioned together. Also, I do like his work, mostly, but he seems like a bad fit for this.

3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah, i dunno, I don't see this as a humorous over the top cheese fest the way Xena was. (And I mean that as a compliment).

Maybe Rothfuss can play  himself Kvothe.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

He's a very well respected director yeah. But tell me, did Spiderman strike you as having the same tone as NotW?

Did Peter Jackson's early horror comedies strike you as having the same tone as LOTR?  Don't typecast Sam Raimi's  film genres... A good director can make several types of films 

• 2 weeks later...

The could make a TV show about his student debt, 10 episodes per season, 6 seasons. That could cover his first few terms.

The film could be a more in depth look at the actual value of a Talent, as it sometimes seems to be about £1000.00 and other times about £100.00 and everything in between. It could be like The Big Short but with Talents instead of Wallstreet.

The game, as mentioned by someone earlier should be like Dark Souls but your fighting student debt instead of the undead.

On 2/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, The Prince of Newcastle said:

The could make a TV show about his student debt, 10 episodes per season, 6 seasons. That could cover his first few terms.

The film could be a more in depth look at the actual value of a Talent, as it sometimes seems to be about £1000.00 and other times about £100.00 and everything in between. It could be like The Big Short but with Talents instead of Wallstreet.

The game, as mentioned by someone earlier should be like Dark Souls but your fighting student debt instead of the undead.

I want this to actually be a 'Cheers' type show set in the Eolian. Denna and Kvothe can be the Sam + Diane of the show. 

Archived