NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry you guys.

On the plus side, my main source of Wizards talk is when Simmons has Joe House on his podcast, and I'm sure those are gonna be some fun talks.

Did anyone else see the video of the Rockets bench when Harden hit the go-ahead shot?  There's a video here.  Half of them have no reaction at all, and the other half show polite appreciation, like hitting a free throw in the 3rd quarter.  That team is ready to hit the links. 

6 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Wow, so many mixed feelings. I agree with those saying he's, for the most part, a pretty good coach. Maybe not tactically but he gets guys to play hard for him. He probably knows which end of the whiteboard to hold. Hopefully that was part of the interview. 

As a Wizards fan really don't know what I want at this point. There's no obvious wins for this team short of a miracle KD signing. Can't really think of a coach I would've wanted more - maybe Thibs but he was never linked here. Glad it's not Mark Jackson. I'm resigned to Rasputin Grunfeld never getting fired. He's like a Supreme Court Justice at this point - he'll be GM til he dies.

For my entire life the Wizards have maxed out as "pretty good". 2nd round of the playoffs is as good as it ever gets. This feels like the coach who can deliver precisely that but of course no further. 

19 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

I miss Thibs and glad he got a big payday, Wolves are gonna be scary very soon. He can overuse the starters, like Tywin said, but other than that he's one of the best around.

Do you blame Thibs more for the injuries or the medical staff? Or do you think it was just a lot of bad luck? Because injuries aside, I'm starting to love the hire.

I'm also optimistic that the hire could help us bring in some awesome free agents. As much as I want KD, I know it won't happen (imagine Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, KD, KAT as a starting 5), but signing someone like Al Horford to play PF isn't too crazy.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Do you blame Thibs more for the injuries or the medical staff? Or do you think it was just a lot of bad luck? Because injuries aside, I'm starting to love the hire.

I'm also optimistic that the hire could help us bring in some awesome free agents. As much as I want KD, I know it won't happen (imagine Rubio, LaVine, Wiggins, KD, KAT as a starting 5), but signing someone like Al Horford to play PF isn't too crazy.

That is a pretty amazing young core. Really feels like OKC in 2009. I'm really excited to see how they develop. It's especially hard to predict, from where we sit now, which of those future hall of famers will end up bringing rings to Boston before their career is done. 

15 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

That is a pretty amazing young core. Really feels like OKC in 2009. I'm really excited to see how they develop. It's especially hard to predict, from where we sit now, which of those future hall of famers will end up bringing rings to Boston before their career is done. 

All signs point to Kevin Love jumping on that grenade. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

All signs point to Kevin Love jumping on that grenade. 

Sorry, my "antagonize Tywin" alarm went off.

But Coach Thibs himself would be impressed by that defense. 

8 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Sorry, my "antagonize Tywin" alarm went off.

But Coach Thibs himself would be impressed by that defense. 

It's all good. Your mother will make it up to me tonight at our nice seafood dinner. 

3 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Dorothy L is a saint!  

Lol.

In all seriousness though, I think the Brooks hire is a good one. Hew should be a significant upgrade over Wittman. But then again I'm sure you believe that a pet rock would be an upgrade from Wittman too. 

8 hours ago, Fez said:

Oh jeez, I'm so sorry you guys.

On the plus side, my main source of Wizards talk is when Simmons has Joe House on his podcast, and I'm sure those are gonna be some fun talks.

Indeed, I am looking forward to that chat as well.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It would be awesome if the T-Wolves can reel in a big free agent this summer. It may be the one place I wouldn't mind KD going to, just because of the sheer awesomeness of that combination. But he's likely to stay at least 1 more year I guess, even if the playoffs end in semi final thrashing by San Antonio, which is what I am expecting.

8 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Did anyone else see the video of the Rockets bench when Harden hit the go-ahead shot?  There's a video here.  Half of them have no reaction at all, and the other half show polite appreciation, like hitting a free throw in the 3rd quarter.  That team is ready to hit the links. 

All credit to The Beard though, he was excellent and won that game for them.

I know he gets a lot of flack for his defense or maybe some of his character but I cannot help liking the guy when I see him. He was so great that year at OKC and it's clear the full on magic has been missing since he left ( some superb performances from Russell and Durant notwithstanding). He's on a bad team in Houston now but he himself can be a marvel to watch. And the Beard is still cool. 

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Players running out of gas seemed to be an issue a few seasons but I never blamed Thibs for any injuries. This years' Bulls were killed by injuries too with him not around, and I'm not gonna blame their past minutes. Maybe it's just bad luck or maybe the medical staff is just stuck in the stone age(like my NFL team, Giants)? Who knows? 

21 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

This first round is just awful. Golden State is so mediocre without Curry.

Eh, Klay Thompson has been cold from behind the arc, but it took a heroic effort from Harden for the Rockets to pull out a one point win at home. Take the best player off of any team and it is going to cause problems. If anything, I think they've played pretty well without their lynchpin.

56 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, Klay Thompson has been cold from behind the arc, but it took a heroic effort from Harden for the Rockets to pull out a one point win at home. Take the best player off of any team and it is going to cause problems. If anything, I think they've played pretty well without their lynchpin.

That's true but these guys are in the running for best team of all time, I'm holding them to a higher standard. I'm pretty sure those Bulls would have mopped the floor with an 8 seed w/o Jordan. Klay is cold, but a lot of that is that everyone's looks are way worse without Curry there drawing double teams 30 feet out. It's clear there's no Pippen on this team.

Archived