NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Portland should be able to take the series now, setting up an interesting match-up with GS. 

If you are running the Clippers are you trading Blake this off season? Can you even get value by trading him right now? 

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

Push notification from ESPN just told my phone that Blake Griffin is out for the rest of the playoffs with his quad injury.

Boy... for all the changes over the years... the Clippers are still the Clippers aren't they?  :stunned: 

Massive bad luck for the Clippers with Paul out for the season and now Griffin as well. That sure turned ugly in the space of one game. Season over. I can still see them beat the Blazers but after that it is over.

As for Golden State and being lucky, I wouldn't say they were lucky in the regular season but no one can deny their massive luck in the playoffs. I mean, we went over that last year, they lucked out every round until they got to the Finals where they lucked out even more. It's true that you can only beat the teams you play, but that does not mean you can't be damned lucky by who you have to play, and it also impacts how people look at your win.

Again, this regular season they have been storming, but the Clippers should have been a big opponent for them, and now they are going to cruise first past round 1 in which they meet a Rockets team that is 76'ers level of terrible, and then a beheaded Clippers team that they will sweep. The next step is for the Thunder and Spurs to ravage each other in a 7 game series. It all seems to be going their way. Even Curry's injury, a first bit of bad luck, has turned out quite ok.

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Massive bad luck for the Clippers with Paul out for the season and now Griffin as well. That sure turned ugly in the space of one game. Season over. I can still see them beat the Blazers but after that it is over.

As for Golden State and being lucky, I wouldn't say they were lucky in the regular season but no one can deny their massive luck in the playoffs. I mean, we went over that last year, they lucked out every round until they got to the Finals where they lucked out even more. It's true that you can only beat the teams you play, but that does not mean you can't be damned lucky by who you have to play, and it also impacts how people look at your win.

Again, this regular season they have been storming, but the Clippers should have been a big opponent for them, and now they are going to cruise first past round 1 in which they meet a Rockets team that is 76'ers level of terrible, and then a beheaded Clippers team that they will sweep. The next step is for the Thunder and Spurs to ravage each other in a 7 game series. It all seems to be going their way. Even Curry's injury, a first bit of bad luck, has turned out quite ok.

Are we sure the Clips will beat the Blazers?

16 hours ago, Relic said:

If you are running the Clippers are you trading Blake this off season? Can you even get value by trading him right now? 

Doubtful. I think he's better than Love, but I doubt the Clips could get a #1 pick for him. Their best bet would be Boston trading them a couple first round picks for him.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Doubtful. I think he's better than Love, but I doubt the Clips could get a #1 pick for him. Their best bet would be Boston trading them a couple first round picks for him.

"a couple first round picks for him" :stunned: 

This isn't the Nets we're talking here.  I don't see anyone giving up a high/mid pick for Blake.

Regardless who wins the series between The Beheaded Clippers and "scheduled to be top 5 lottery team" Portland , Golden State is going to have a supremely comfortable run there. They certainly wouldn't even need Curry for that.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

"a couple first round picks for him" :stunned: 

This isn't the Nets we're talking here.  I don't see anyone giving up a high/mid pick for Blake.

whaaaaa? you wouldn't give up a 8th and,say, a 18th pick for him? If you are the Celtics and you are stacked with assets? 

14 minutes ago, Relic said:

whaaaaa? you wouldn't give up a 8th and,say, a 18th pick for him? If you are the Celtics and you are stacked with assets? 

I know that Blake has improved significantly over the years in his all around game, but I just can't get his reputation as a pure dunker out of my head.  So no, I wouldn't.  :dunno:  On top of that, include his injury history and I am more than a little wary.

15 minutes ago, Relic said:

I totally agree, Griffin is a borderline top 10 and easily top 15 player, and he's still young.  The Celtics would be dramatically better with him.  Unless they win the lottery for a top 3 pick, Celtics could trade their entire draft this year for him and call it a bargain. 

47 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I totally agree, Griffin is a borderline top 10 and easily top 15 player, and he's still young.  The Celtics would be dramatically better with him.  Unless they win the lottery for a top 3 pick, Celtics could trade their entire draft this year for him and call it a bargain. 

I would've given my left nut for the Wizards to win the lottery the year he came out. Still would. Instead we got the 5th pick which we ultimately traded for Randy Foye instead of taking Steph Curry. 

So, in a way, you can say things worked out just fine. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I know that Blake has improved significantly over the years in his all around game, but I just can't get his reputation as a pure dunker out of my head.  So no, I wouldn't.  :dunno:  On top of that, include his injury history and I am more than a little wary.

His game has really rounded out. He was nailing jumpers from all over the court before he got hurt. The thing about him that I can't get over is that he once did a joint interview with CP3 and he was acting like he had just taken some shrooms. 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I would've given my left nut for the Wizards to win the lottery the year he came out. Still would. Instead we got the 5th pick which we ultimately traded for Randy Foye instead of taking Steph Curry. 

So, in a way, you can say things worked out just fine. 

I tried to help you all I can, but I can't do nothing Foye ya, man.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think Blake is better than Love on paper, but Love's ability to stretch the floor and hit three pointers with consistency makes him more valuable to an offense build around spacing, which most offenses are these days.  

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

You're not getting someone as good as Blake Griffin with the 8th or 18th picks in the NBA draft unless you are incredibly, incredibly lucky.  You package those two together in a fucking heartbeat to get a star player.  Hell, you throw in another first as well if you have to.

Archived