NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

In what way?

It was a joke. The Hawks were whining that the Cavs were "unprofessional" when they broke the record the other night. What was really unprofessional was not showing up for a playoff game and letting Dahntay Jones shoot wide open threes. Basically what Manhole said.

10 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

It was a joke. The Hawks were whining that the Cavs were "unprofessional" when they broke the record the other night. What was really unprofessional was not showing up for a playoff game and letting Dahntay Jones shoot wide open threes. Basically what Manhole said.

The Hawks did it to the Wizards during the regular season as well. 

21 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd say there's a huge gap between the top two teams and the next two teams as well.

And the Heat are the second best team in the East and probably the 6th best team in the league w/ Bosh.

So your saying the Heat will eliminate Toronto?

16 hours ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Ah.  Yeah, I love how the Hawks bitch about another team being unprofessional and then Teague takes a total cheap shot on LeBron at the end of the game when they knew they'd lost.  He should definitely be suspended for a game after that.  If JR Smith had done it, he'd have been ejected immediately and everyone knows it.

I'm down on the Raps, but I don't care about that anymore.  Here's a clip from Dwayne Wade during the Canadian National Anthem:

What a classy guy.  I hope they lose badly now.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

They pointed out something interesting on the broadcast which is that Portland has had two disastrous quarters in this series:  1st quarter of game 1 and 4th quarter of game 2.  Obviously you can't discount what happened there, but the point is that the series is very even if not in Portland's favor outside of those two.  Portland does seem to have a reasonable shot of defending home court again in game 4 and making this 2-2.  But one would have to think it's over once Curry returns. 

With that win last night I think this is sealed as an enormously successful season for this Portland team.  So glad they didn't fold after blowing game 2 late. 

Yeah, the second half of yesterdays game was especially impressive. It didn't seem like the Warriors ever really had a shot at catching them in the 2nd half. The Warrior's defense seemed a bit lax, but Portland was on fire. They hit that rhythm where seemingly everything was falling. I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to take Game 4. Their home crowd has a similar feel to that of Oracle. Really loud, and really into it. I just hope this doesn't press the Warriors to rush Curry back. I feel like they can handle this team without him. It might go to 6 or 7, but I'd rather have a healthy Curry at the end of all that than risk re-injury.

I think the Kevin Love trade talks will be as good as absent though this summer.

Even if Cavs don't go all the way now, they will have realized by now that this is a Big 3 set up that can work and should be good enough. I don't see him wanting to leave, and I don't see the Cavs trading him. If anything they finally seem to be getting along.

Along similar lines, the Doc Rivers maintains that he is certainly not trading one of his big 3. You understand why he would not, but I wonder if Griffin or Paul might want to leave. If none of teh big stars leave it might be a much duller offseason than people seem to be expecting.

Archived